3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alexanderfox 21.10.20 10:24 pm

Loading textures. (Marvel's Avengers)

Slow loading of textures depends on? processor or graphics card?At the very beginning of the game slowly loading textures and downloading videos. When you fly Stark Bridge is not even visible, I mean the roadway, it appears then but the Stark lands on the air.)))))) Core i5 4430.Rx 580 Videocard.
2 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 21.10.20

alexanderfox wrote:
Slow loading of textures depends on what?... At the very beginning of the game, the textures and downloads of the videos are slowly loaded...
From the game itself - how the developers implemented the data load.
Initial loads are more likely to depend on iron. And not only from the CPU and GP, but also the RAM and disk on which the game is installed. If not a particularly productive processor, relatively slow RAM, and the game is installed on the old non-segmented HDD 5400 rpm - wait for a quick download is not worth it. Until the data from the disk is transferred to the operative, and then video memory, nothing will appear in the game. The technology of direct downloading data from the drive to the video memory is only beginning to appear (and it is not known how long it will be until it is implemented in most games) - most likely will work with a relatively new iron, with the presence of a high-speed NVMe SSD, which has a reading/recording speed equal to several gigabytes per second.

Turn on the load monitoring on the system during the game with output on the screen (MSI Afterburner, etc.) and see what happens at the moments of subloading - most likely the CPU will be loaded almost to the maximum, especially if the game graphics settings are not on the minimums.
0:28 - 0:33
... Rumor has it that the game is poorly optimized
Easily. Now many games before release do not test properly, shifting it to the players. In addition, the game has a defense (Denuvo), which can also affect performance - the weaker the system, the more noticeable the impact will be.

P
Palych Rokov 01.06.21

alexanderfox wrote:
Rumor has it that the game is poorly optimized.
she's just wildly demanding