3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angmar87 01.11.20 06:58 pm

Gityanka - why have they been made the most unbalanced race? (Baldur's Gate 3)

I'm just freaking out how much this race is special for magicians, as well as all classes who don't have access to medium armor.
To wear armor and be able to conjure you need the ability of the appropriate armor, and Gityanka get immediately the ability to wear light and medium armor for free!
For the Sorcerer and the Thief - it's like 1 free skill, and for a magician it's like 2 free skills. Considering that 1 skill is given every 4 levels, and the maximum level will be 10 or 12, it's just the sameness what the balance is!

How can you play for any other race for a magician, if you can just take Gityanka and get a magician who will run in the middle armor and conjure, and then you can take on the 4 level skill of heavy armor and run for the magician in the top armor for the warrior and have the best class of armor! And the class of armor - it is very important, because in this game it directly affects the chance of hitting the character, though with weapons and arrows, even magic.

That's crazy. It turns out that any other magician will be just a crippled, useless disabled, unless he is Gityanka. It is I still silent that the Gityankas get a free jump spell, which allows you to kite enemies as you like and win any fight or run away from it.
It's such nonsense just, the Lora Elves must be the top race for a magician. What the hell the Gityankas know how to wear armor and conjure, and other races do not know.

Why did these freaks make such top, I do not want to play for a freak, but I want to run for a magician in top armor. The game has a spell that changes the appearance of the character, make it change appearance for an unlimited amount of time, and not only before the rest in the camp, I do not want after each rest to cast a change of appearance, just because I have to play for an ugly race, which is the top race.
23 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 01.11.20

It's such nonsense just, the lora Elves must be a top race for a magician
among the inhabitants of the forgotten kingdoms may be. but Haitians from other worlds. the truth is how they use magic because there is some subtlety with magic that there are 3 types of magic as if not the fact that 2 of them can work everywhere.
and so the coolest magician in theory should be such a flying eye as from a doomsday he should all snub thermonuclear lasers. He really doesn't wear armor.

l
lewe0fun 01.11.20

You can also make a magician in armor out of a dwarf

A
Angmar87 03.11.20

Dwarf is even worse. That is, the choice is only 1 either for a snooth freak to play, or for a dwarf freak. It's better to play for a free freak, because at least from the back looks normal.

I do not understand what was the point of making the game so beautiful, if still playing for a freak. You can play for freaks in any other game, but for beautiful models there is little where you can play.

I want to play for The Woman Of Drow, but it's a magician in general, because no armor can not wear. Even for Warlock you can wear light armor and conjure. What's the point of playing a magician if most of the enemies are archers who roll high initiative, thanks to agility, and then kill the magician in 2 shots, because he has little health.

It is necessary then to spend the first move on the fact that to cast a protective spell on itself. That is, while the rest of the Persians are already in the fight the magician has to hang on to the defense, spending the slot spell and his move. Or hang on to yourself before the fight, but then you need to know that for sure there will be a fight, because the best defensive spell (illusory image) lasts 10 moves.

In general, the sense to play for any other race for the magician, except Gityanka - generally zero. The same goes for The Story Companion of Gail, who is the Man, that is, a useless rag, which will be cut down in the first move and which will be focused.

G
GG4 03.11.20

Angmar87
This piece of the game is quietly passed for any race and for any class.

s
sobr21 03.11.20

Angmar87
Go blow up, he's got freaks and he wants to do a jerk.

A
Angmar87 03.11.20

GG4
This game is so simple that it can even be passed bare Persians, tanking the corpses of their Persians and endlessly reps. The difference in the pleasure of this, because tanking your corpses - it's not fun.

A
Angmar87 03.11.20

sobr21
How can you tell me who to want or not? I want to go outside the Dru-woman and still wear the middle armor for the magician.

And it won't help, I've tried it and even more wanted a woman-Drow.

G
GG4 03.11.20

Angmar87
Speak for yourself, I personally have a lot of fun.

Y
Ymbx 04.11.20

It's not all so unambiguous with the Gitiyans.

Of course, if we want a magician who knows and wants to fight melee, then this is probably the best choice.

If we say we play from the tactic of "hedgehog in the fog": the magician casts a fog and hides there, on the next move he comes out of the fog, conjures a striking spell, again goes into the fog and hides (and so repeat to victory, the Spartans also begin and finish the course in the fog), then the armor is not much important - the magician still do not attack.

And what matters in this case is agility. First, it affects the chance of being hit by spells that require a remote attack (a ray of cold for example). Secondly - on the sketch of the reflex - it is against all effects on the area - enemies can be afraid to go into the fog and at first say can throw a barrel. And third on stealth skill. And here is a bonus to agility (in addition to intelligence) have just the highest elves.

S
St_Slave 04.11.20

Ymbx
I think I'll do it.
At the moment, the race of the gityanka does not get possession of heavy armor (yesterday specifically tested, is the last patch). According to DnD5e rules, this is not correct. On the release, the Larians will have to fix... Or not....
But as Ymbx correctly noted, agility is much "profit" for "mag" (the author of the theme for some reason did not specify the class: magician, sorcerer or sorcerer)
In addition, the geniuses have a significant disadvantage - they do not have a "night view." What in the conditions when the good half of the game takes place in the dungeons make them ineffective in 50% of fights (rough counting, but the essence of it does not change)
And lastly, for the author of the theme. Race by and large does not solve much. You will decide first with the class, and then think whether you need armor or not. If you really want to run in medium or heavy armor - you can start playing for a warrior (take one level and multi-class in a wizard, for example) - on the release should be available.
P.S. Higher Elves - Top race for the wizard. Tiflings, dorow and half-els - for the sorcerer and sorcerer. People are versatile for any class (6 points in total, it's not a joke to you..)
But there are also, so-called, "combat magicians" (priests, paladins, bards) - the author of the theme, determine the class!

S
St_Slave 04.11.20

Ymbx
Ymbx wrote:
And what matters in this case is agility. First it affects the chance of being hit by spells that require a remote attack (cold beam for example)
You're wrong here. In the 5th edition, for casting class spells, accuracy and damage are calculated based on the Basic characteristics: priest, monk, pathfinder, druid - Wisdom; Wizard, warrior (subclass), thief (subclass) - Intelligence; sorcerer, paladin, sorcerer, bard - Charisma

S
St_Slave 04.11.20

Angmar87 wrote:
It is necessary then to spend the first move on the fact that to cast a protective spell on itself. That is, while the rest of the Persians are already in the fight the magician has to hang on to the defense, spending the slot spell and his move. Or hang on to yourself before the fight, but then you need to know that there will be a fight, because the best defensive spell (illusory image) lasts 10 walkers
I get it that "mag" is the Wizard. The Wizard doesn't have to break into battle. So he doesn't need armor. It is revealed at high levels (take at least the version of "Rules" 3.5 at least 5).
Tactics of the game for the wizard:
Take a good position;
2. Cast
3. Do not fight in close combat (there are other classes for this).
The magician's defense can be enhanced by the "Magician's Armor" spell (1 ur. 8 hours) - which is essentially the equivalent of medium armor.
P.S. The Wizard can fight in melee with a certain bild, but again, this class is not for melee.

Y
Ymbx 05.11.20

St_Slave wrote:
You're wrong here. In the 5th edition, for casting class spells, accuracy and damage are calculated based on the Basic characteristics: priest, monk, pathfinder, druid - Wisdom; Wizard, warrior (subclass), thief (subclass) - Intelligence; sorcerer, paladin, sorcerer, bard - Charisma
Yes, thanks - checked on logs - for the magician used intelligence for remote attack spells :)

a
artenoz 06.11.20

In addition to the above, I will say that Gityanka wizards are imba only in the eyes of the author. In fact, the elves are more profitable for the class of the magician (or people, if of course the player is ready to forever reserve 1 cell under the incecked night vision), KD can easily be raised at the expense of the magician's armor - high agility (also the Larians rather foolishly endured the magician's armor, now he gives just 2 kd regardless of the dressed armor, before he gave a guaranteed 3KD in the absence of armor, with the absence of a armor. What to talk about, if I have in the persian column a magician, who thanks to the cloak of protection, the armor of the magician and the 3rd bonus of dexterity, already at the 3rd level had 17 KD, with the same shield, this figure quietly grew to 22 KD (on 1m dash few people are able to break such a KD). At the same time, I do not talk about such ripes as bluer, mystic step, mirror image, stone skin (if desired, the wolf can become more survival than a warrior, although the barbarian with the totem bear is difficult to outdle).
In short, the author is clearly simply inexperienced.

P.S. It is also worth noting that the medium and heavy armor strongly cut the bonus to the armor from The Agility and this is an important fact.

g
guvar 08.11.20

Above all wrote. For the magician-caster profit - agility. In general, in the table always make a magician with a minimum of 15-16 inta, then go hardy and agility. Okay, take a hytian, choose a magician. Why do we need a 2 to power? Why do we need armor? The Wizard fighter gets just out of the warrior, taking the appropriate specialization for 2 lvl. There will be more paladins, there is also a sorcerer who can in a melee. And the wizard? And even apparently with a cut dexterity, what to sculpt from it?
The Gitians are in general one of the most fucked races, on the level with Drow. The best warriors - dwarfs, the best wizards- elves, thieves and pathfinders - forest elves. So far so.

A
Alpharius20 09.11.20

Angmar87
If you're playing for a magician and he's raking in, then you're not playing DD correctly. Where's the tank?

A
Alpharius20 09.11.20

sobr21
Drow, just is the most impeaching race in the first act with so-called lora, because they can miss half the fights by throwing good values on the cubes, and as magicians they are norms.

A
Angmar87 09.11.20

It's all. What protective enchantments, what stone skin. Suggest to have a Persian in the party, which will have to be as many as 2 moves to repent, so that he was not killed with one spit?
Why repent, if you can immediately behind Gityanka in the middle armor to shoot a fireball?

Agility should be 20 points plus a magic shield on the magician - so that it equals the average armor, which can be removed from the first party, which is given at the start of the game. And for Gityanka you can agility 14 do and do not need a magic shield to cast.
I don't care about my eyesight. In the Underground you can buy a ring that illuminates everything around or you can impose night vision. And on the edge you can throw out of the inventory a torch that illuminates everything around.

A magician in rags is crazy. Have you tried to fight with the Minotaurs, without throwing them into the abyss and at the same time the abuzia constant res of the fallen party members?

A
Angmar87 09.11.20

It's all. What protective enchantments, what stone skin. Suggest to have a Persian in the party, which will have to be as many as 2 moves to repent, so that he was not killed with one spit?
Why repent, if you can immediately behind Gityanka in the middle armor to shoot a fireball?

Agility should be 20 points plus a magic shield on the magician - so that it equals the average armor, which can be removed from the first party, which is given at the start of the game. And for Gityanka you can agility 14 do and do not need a magic shield to cast.
I don't care about my eyesight. In the Underground you can buy a ring that illuminates everything around or you can impose night vision. And on the edge you can throw out of the inventory a torch that illuminates everything around.

A magician in rags is crazy. Have you tried to fight with the Minotaurs, without throwing them into the abyss and at the same time the abuzia constant res of the fallen party members?

a
artenoz 12.11.20

Alpharius20
I agree)
Just TS can be seen not yet smoked dnd5 and pulp game for the wolf. Walsh in dnd - a walking collection of spells for all occasions. He is constantly evolving and can "on the move" to learn new, in this it is his charm, it is not about miles or tanking (although if you want to daub can, one stone skin and Tenzer conversion what is worth)