3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Daniel1336 03.11.20 09:35 am

How to remove soap? (Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'm not a graphodrocher, I can quietly play the same first Dark Souls, Postal 2, Doom 2, etc. in 2020 without disgust.
But I don't like the graphics in RDR2, it cuts my eyes very hard with my soap, I've never seen anything like it in a single game. I understand perfectly well that this is all because of TAA, but the game does not allow you to play with MSAA, because the shadows are broken (Start to ripple), the trees/vegetation disappear, etc. Even as a solution offer to increase the render, but FPS on medium-budget machines immediately falls strongly and play also not comfortable. I'm starting to hate this game and the rockstar that released this horrible port on the PC, with almost a year without playing NIRENNA!

My PC:
GTX 1660 Super, Ryzen 2700x, 16Gb 3200.
Who has the same or q- similar config, as you fought with soap, while without the loss of FPS (50-60 at least stable)? I really want to go through this game, but I can't just look at this schedule without crying.
16 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanjokke 03.11.20

Sharpness for TAA put ?

K
Kokoprime1991 03.11.20

Daniel1336
Where do you see the soap?

K
Kokoprime1991 03.11.20

Y
Your_Fever 03.11.20

Kokoprime1991
It's just twisted sharpness, which does not solve the problem, but only masks.
As for me, bleating - grainy comes out.
But to each his own.

l
lokkie 03.11.20

Daniel1336 wrote:
that's all because of TAA
It's not about TAA. in other games that it normally works.
It is treated only by one, removal from hard to the best of times, if they in this game at all come.

B
Be3yH4eG 03.11.20

Sharpness taa. Sharpness in the driver. If that's not the case, then you're going to go.

I
InboxM 03.11.20

Daniel1336
Basically, the blur occurs when your character starts moving. In a static position, the picture looks good enough. Turn on the photo mode and you'll see for yourself. At one time I dug up a lot of information on this topic, on Reddit. Most have come to the conclusion that this is all from TAA, in fact it is, because it is important to understand how this smoothing works. In simple terms, it slightly reduces rendering, hence the loss of clarity. As for other smoothing, it is not so simple. For if you played IN GTA 5, you may remember that there was no such canoe. Why such a difference, the answer is obvious. Part of the graphical settings are sharpened under the TAA. And the second condition, the game was ported, with consoles, with what is not quite successful. And the consoles also use TAA, that's just on consoles the picture is rendered in higher resolution.
What can I do? Well, I think you know yourself... but still
1) The most effective way will be to increase the internal resolution of the game. But you know the price of what, either the phps, or the quality of the picture.
2) To use MSAA x2, but naturally the ripple of shadows causes complete discomfort. It is treated with SSAO disconnection, and soft shadows, long shadows. But I think you understand that without SSAO the picture loses realism, and in general does not look very.
3) Most so to speak "budget" way. Find a balance between graphics and performance. Turn off triple buffering, TAA by medium, use TAA sharpness by half or slightly less. Additionally to taste include FXAA, and the option of High detail rays of light. Personally, it helped me, soap will not get rid of, but not so much will catch the eye.
But most importantly, the picture as a whole is good, if you want to immerse yourself in the game, in the plot, atmosphere, you forget about the soap.
Sharpness does not need to be turned on the whole reel, and in the game, and in the settings of drivers, it is only worse.

A
ALESHIN98 03.11.20

I understand you like no other bro! I bought the game at the end of September and not once the norm is not small. Here's the thing about any setting when solving 1920-1080 lays hard. Put 720p all the norms, but it's blurry everything. Other games fly, and on similar systems and such!!! If anyone knows what the trouble is. I'll be grateful from the bottom of my heart

P
Protocol10 03.11.20

Your_Fever
It's just twisted sharpness, which does not solve the problem, but only masks.
As for me, bleating - grainy comes out.
But to each his own.

You've got a bleatly monitor, bro -- take a normal 4k monique by 32 inches and the picture will be a bomb without any grit and twisting sharpness. Gyy))

l
lokkie 03.11.20

Protocol10 wrote:
and the picture will be a bomb
Bomb from the rockstar themselves, and from their store:

Cho cho, and the shop works properly. xD)
Dudes don't get steamy bro. no remorse, a complete lack of morality.
So the sta, the monitor won't help bro, don't drive the bro picture here, it wasn't there and won't be bro.
In my memory, this is the first AAA game that needed a remaster right after the release. :D)

F
Fioletovyy zhiraf 03.11.20

ALESHIN98
Here's a detailed guide to setting up the graphics. Recommended: https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/red-dead-redemtion-2-obzor-i-sravnenie-graficheskikh-nastroek

D
Den4ikRZK 03.11.20

Daniel1336
Try to put TAA'TAA sharpness to the maximum, then scaling the resolution at 1.250 or 1.500 (there is already a fps to look at), I play the rules, config in the profile. There are drawdowns, but not critically.

A
APSG420 09.11.20

Daniel1336
1. Numerous settings in the graphics menu, the degree of adjustment of which are exhibited by the developers, in modern games have little impact on the sharpness of the image. Therefore, sometimes used ReShade with simple settings: brightness, scale, contrast, color, sharpness, some of which the developers for some reason deliberately do not include in the menu.
2. The game "stitched" numerous shaders, the action of which we can not affect.
3. In the comments about the RDR 2 chart, people write that the image is great in high resolution or on the game console. That is, initially the software game is made with good quality. And this type of game on the PC we have about the same. Just not everyone sees, I will call it, "flaws" (and not just soap).

For me, the graphics of the game are good.

I
Iktar 11.11.20

Daniel1336
helped by nvidia freestyle and specifically this video. Yes, crutch, but the picture really becomes normal, losing the phps about 5-7

I
InboxM 02.12.20

Strandy
For me, no, I also disable vertical synchronization. With triple buffering, the image is softer, so it's all on the amateur.

k
kolinmah 06.03.21

Daniel1336
I don't see any soap. Wash your eyes.