3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mortoc 17.11.20 05:26 pm

Will my bp pull on a 400w rx 470 4gb graphics card?

400w Power Supply OT Huntkey Model: ch-400hp 2.3
rx 470 4gb (no acceleration)
The processor in tense games in the kind of warzone about 60w holds, in other games below
so will bp survive for the first time, for example until the end of 2020?
my bp is 8 years old, but works without any complaints, does not make noise.
yes, I know I need a recommended 450w bp, but at least you can sit with that for a couple of months?
6 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 17.11.20

You can reduce your energy consumption in the driver settings.

E
Evil Clown 17.11.20

mortoc
The comp can be disconnected at high loads. And the power supply for 8 years can give is not 400W.

m
mortoc 17.11.20

Evil Clown
If, for example, reduce consumption from 120w to 100w or even less, should at least normally start the game - the limit of 45 phps will be on the average settings in games?

S
StormX07 17.11.20

Cougar VTE600W - less noisy
Or something cheaper but that the parts were 80' Bronze minimum
Now the assemblies are very substandard. It's better not to save

The lifespan of BP is 7-8 years. Then there is wear, drying of capacitors, etc.
Cheap, noisy, fake without quality parts can die in 1 year.
To steal other details

E
Evil Clown 17.11.20

mortoc
No one's going to tell you for sure. I have a friend at the time changed the map from Geforde 560gt to Amd r9 390. It had a minimum unit at 650w. In short, how lucky. It is better to really dig up and take at once a normal block, not worried about the rest of the components as already written above.

S
SonyK_2 17.11.20

mortoc wrote:
... Will bp survive for the first time, for example until the end of 2020?... my bp is already 8 years old, but works without any complaints, does not make noise ...
No one can guarantee it - depends on the power supply itself and what will happen to the network (voltage jumps, frequent outages, etc.). It is better not to take risks - if something burns down (especially the new video card), the savings on the BP will not justify itself.
Spoiler To me the former BP 500 W worked for more than 9 years, then suddenly tensions flew off all the lines.

Well though the defense worked and nothing burned - the system loaded, and then brought out a message about problems with the problem.