3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
D0pE 01.12.20 12:23 pm

Will there be a Vulkan API or only 12 Direct? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Does anyone know?
24 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ar4er2016 01.12.20

D0pE
Only 12.

P
Protocol10 01.12.20

I honestly don't see the pros of this volcano. FPS clearly does not take off from it and the same as dx 12. Although it seems that many say that with him the fps takes off.

v
vovangt4 01.12.20

Protocol10
It all depends on the game and the developers, those who have hands not from the same place, such as rockstar, they have the FPS higher, and noticeably.

c
cheezette 01.12.20

Protocol10
Well, I won't say, at the same doom 2016 on the volcano worked steadily 60 phps

K
KIBERMAX 01.12.20

Protocol10
I don't know, for example, No Man's Sky on Vulkan has been transformed and the performance of the game is excellent.

l
lokkie 01.12.20

Protocol10 wrote:
I honestly don't see the pros of this volcano.
In 4K and do not see, rather the opposite. )

X
X_ray_83 01.12.20

Will DirectX11 and with RTX Dx12 ! The third one was a slaaring.

K
Kuzko 01.12.20

Via vk3d proton is Vulkan

K
Kostya_Evd 01.12.20

Kuzko
You're not going to play at all.YouTube:DDDDD

S
SkyraX 01.12.20

X_ray_83
h11 won't, even on the said wines7

X
X_ray_83 01.12.20

SkyraX
I don't think they bothered with it, it's not Blizzard or WarCraft.

S
SkyraX 01.12.20

X_ray_83
I had if anything, there was no question

K
Kuzko 01.12.20

Kostya_Evd
It will work, even if suddenly does not start there are ways to bypass the full-ended DX12. Death Stranding has already found this way, for example.

X
X_ray_83 01.12.20

Kuzko
I don't believe these storytellers will be like with Gears of War 5. Or Dx12 stripped down like in Lark on some maps.
That is, the optimization will only be Dx12 ultimate and these are new cards basically.

K
Kuzko 01.12.20

X_ray_83
Are you, really, really, really, really, really, The development of vk3d-proton is sponsored by Valve itself and they also have open source, and I'm just now going through Death Stranding (which requires a minimum of 12-0 direct) on the card whose ceiling is 11-1 direct, using one of the branches of vk3d-proton. If that doesn't mean it's a fairy tale, you'd google it before you call it a fairy tale. =)

X
X_ray_83 01.12.20

Kuzko
"Speaking of DX12 Ultimate, not all graphics cards will receive support for the new API, but there will be additional improvements on these chips"
Who's sponsoring that!? ))
https://shazoo.ru/2020/07/02/96329/cyberpunk-2077-budet-rabotat-tolko-na-directx-12

M
MunchkiN 616 01.12.20

Kuzko
the volcano vk3d-proton is the development of what there is a vine. Stim will most likely have some kind of volcano-shaped convector.
actually all this is necessary to run games on the dhs not intended for unix systems on these same systems and not on graphics cards not supporting something. what the volcano will do with tracing is a big and interesting question. but it works most likely in games because the support of the volcano is 5.0 wider among certain cards. Roughly speaking, the volcano and some commands on shm.5.0 and ignores the verification of the version of hardware support dh12 different featur levees at the launch of the game. but tracing is a shm 6.0 kind of like that's why it's interesting. on the other hand, on the example of video cards nv gth - there is a terrible incomprehensible mess one architecture does not take away the other can not half. rubbed in emulation mode and 4 full support dh12 and 5 top dxr. radon that's similar. the volcano obviously either ignores some commands or has some of their implementation compatible with another type of equipment.
this brings back to the days of Srusis 3 which tried to switch the check on the 4.0 version maps but never succeeded. The Enzhin 3 could have been contrived to run on the schm4.0 (in my case an integrated gpu in the processor) but there were massive artifacts with everything that used top shakers from 5.0 it looks like it was highly expected and these were rare objects.
so running on Lunics is good because you don't have to pay the wind. running on inappropriate equipment is probably some kind of by-product and in theory for performance it's bad.
although more apes is good because I found that the old games have under-dh bugs with the buffer z and all sorts of bugs a open g don't have.

U
Uelma 01.12.20

vovangt4
And throws a smoak to the iron.

v
vovangt4 01.12.20

Uelma
I personally did not notice, if it was voracious, the FPS would be lower and not higher, and FPS is more often higher in those games that I tested.

A
ALEX86 01.12.20

It would be better both. If the game with beams and DLSS, it means exactly will be on the dx12_2 the ultimate.