3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.12.20 02:09 am

Is Cyberpunk 2077 worth buying a new graphics card for? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Such a question people, is this game worth it to take a new video card in the price range of 50 - 70K rubles?
It is clear that this will not happen, that as soon as you have passed Cyberpunk, then this video card is successfully sold. It is clear that you will continue to play on it and in other games, replay some demanding games with a better picture, play other novelties, etc.
The replacement is not in a hurry, so to speak, because my current GTX970 is more or less fine with me, at least all the games start quietly, and the last Metro passed on it, and RDR2 is the same, and even with a not so bad picture.
But one fig card is not new, there is an opportunity to replace it, but Cyberpunk served as the main incentive and impetus for replacement, isn't it bold for this game? Is it worth it?
152 Comments
Sort by:
X
XDDRUS 18.12.20

No.

c
ceptey8520 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Probably not, although if finances allow, then I would change. At least gtx970 is not such a cool card that if possible, change it.

a
artenoz 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
In general, if you just get up from 970, then yes. Purely cyberpunk, I don't know. The game is good, no doubt, but only for it to play - decide for yourself. Personally, I am planning an upgrade from 1060 to 3060/3070 (including to replay cyber with RTX). Cyberpunk is in fact only the first bell in my opinion. Plus, again, all sorts of chips with RTX will clearly gradually come into use (the same Cyber ​​is a wonderful RTX bench in my opinion).

d
dilat 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
For the sake of playing alone, I would not take it, whatever it is. Another thing is that sooner or later you will have to update the system for new games, plus it depends on the desire - for example, on what graphics settings do you want to play new items + dependence on the budget

S
SPR1GGAN 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
also sit at 970, at 60 fps I did not pull cyberpunk and horaizen ziro don, and then after the patches it seems like you can achieve 60, the same awaits 2077 after the patches.
but valhala calmly passed without problems the

card I would like to change, but it’s not stupid, 2060S at the same price as it was 2 years ago, this is nonsense, and there are almost no more of them in stores, I thought maybe for 20-25 k , and crap there.

and in the 3xxx series they have not yet brought cards in the price tag of 30k, so in fact there is nothing to take now, in an adequate price tag
we have either 1660S / ti or 3070 the rest is so-so in terms of price / quality ratio

B
Bugs Bunny Rus 18.12.20

At first, I was also going to take a new vidyuhu under Cyberpunk, but after the patch and new drivers, normally my 1070 pulls in 2k. So let's wait for the "Super" versions.

L
Life is shit 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Worth. For his sake, I bought myself an RTX 3080 and was satisfied, whatever the 4K cultists and adherents of only the newest processors say.

S
Sancss2 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
No, this game is not finished yet.

P
Podvipodvertov 18.12.20

SPR1GGAN
I also first aimed at RTX2060 Super, then they dissuaded me, like why take the 2xxx series when 3xxx was already out, they say the 2xxx series was originally a checkpoint, but 3xxx already count a full-fledged series of cards, for example, at one time there was a 900 series. You can take the type.
And 3xxx cards are really in short supply, or expensive ones that go from 70K to 150K, while others are stupidly not on sale. They supposedly appear for a short time, but they are dismantled in a matter of seconds just by booking - I was told this in one store.
And then the other day I accidentally went to a store on the site, there was an RTX3060Ti from MSI, it cost 50K rubles, well, I made an order, I should come on the 21st. Then he left, after 30 minutes he came in for the sake of curiosity, and there is no longer this card anymore, apparently someone also managed to make a reservation.
It will not be cheaper for sure, even in a year I think, given how the 2060Super does not become cheaper, and somewhere it even becomes a couple of thousand more expensive.

S
SPR1GGAN 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
my psychological barrier prevents me from giving more than 30k for a card))

3xxx series already raises concerns, cards below 3060ti can get no more than 6 gigs of memory, which is strange, 1070 means from 8, 2060S is also 8, and new cards are the same price tag with 6
if only I knew that things were going this way, 2 years ago I would have taken 206S for 32k with a calm soul

S
Sargarus 18.12.20

No, not worth it, wait for the 4000 series to add a new thread. Right now, because of the coronavirus, they are expensive, then they will be reduced.

W
Wyss 18.12.20

no.

k
koolzera 18.12.20

Dude! I regretted 2kasar for the game, and you were going to buy a new card)))))))))

U
U_Scarecrow_U 18.12.20

The people who have the usual 1660, how is the game going on it? I assembled a computer today with this video, I think, take the game or continue on the PS4 pro to go through.

L
Lex-one 18.12.20

U_Scarecrow_U
In general, go through the ps4 pro. Then you can buy it at a discount with optimization.

M
Marsj 18.12.20

U_Scarecrow_U PC
only, otherwise you won't see high game settings.

S
Setesh 18.12.20

Podvipodvertov
I bought ... and also a new mother, processor, RAM and ssd m2))))

U
U_Scarecrow_U 18.12.20

Lex-one
Got it, ATP

M
MunchkiN 616 18.12.20

I've updated for less.
the problem is rather this. there are no cards with the required performance for full dxp. it needs something in the region of 20-60tflops for 1080p and 4k 30fps, respectively. bakers playing games now have an average of 6 to 9tflops. so the question is at what level modern technologies will be implemented and what video card will be needed.
so the question is meaningless - do not need to play card up or then - not up.

S
Skyze 18.12.20

It depends on which computer as a whole) For 3070-3080, for example, a good processor does not hurt
And if only for the sake of cyberpunk you strain your budget so much, then you should not