3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
APSG420 18.12.20 02:09 am

Graphics Effect (Cyberpunk 2077)

Description of pictures: when looking at a building with large windows slightly higher or slightly lower, the illumination changes greatly.
The change in illumination is especially observed during the day when entering or exiting tunnels, when entering or exiting premises through a door.
In this regard, my only question is - what is the name of this built-in effect?
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 18.12.20

what is that unpleasant sharpen on the graph, the
effect is most likely an adaptation of the eyes, but as if it is in the list of settings or not. someone watched the stream there he goes in the car and blinds him.
maybe it's hdr if yet, but I haven't tested it how it works.

k
koolzera 18.12.20

Haven't downgraded the graphics of the cyberbook to potato levels yet? xD

A
APSG420 19.12.20

MunchkiN 616
In the menu, the HDR function is turned off by default.

S
Slipnot6 19.12.20

koolzera
Of course lowered - cyberpunk on PS4 / Xbox One is called)
Spoiler
APSG420
Usual eye adaptation effect. Many where enrages. In some games it is configurable, in some cases it can be removed through the config. Need to google or dig configs.

t
tsa_va 19.12.20

This is how the human eye works, adaptation - https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%90%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BF%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%86% D0% B8% D1% 8F_% D0% B3% D0% BB% D0% B0% D0% B7% D0% B0

P
POLKOVNIK2005 19.12.20

Slipnot6
Ha. I had the same hat until I rearranged it on the SSD.

A
APSG420 19.12.20

Slipnot6 I'll look
in the game files for eye adaptation or auto exposure.

A
APSG420 30.12.20

In the "Files" section there are several themes with post-processing effects extracted from the game and the author's recommendations for their use. Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to my question.

l
lokkie 30.12.20

APSG420
This is not an effect, it is a location border. In a fallout, this effect is often encountered. )

A
APSG420 18.06.21

PS
1. I decided to re-run Cyberpunk 2077 using the post-processing utilities posted on this site: Derplayer 123 - "Config Overhaul for Cyberpunk 2077" and Dravic - "Eye Adaptation Auto Exposure Fix - No More Blinding Lighting Changes". Removed just Eye Adaptation and Smog. The image became clear, much better for me.
2. Looking through the posts of people on the forum on the topic of graphics, you yourself may notice that it is ineffective to change the unnecessarily enhanced "built-in" post-processing effects by adjusting the graphics in the game menu or using ReChade, Freestyle.
3. Why are game makers wrapping up the effects they have to deal with? I will express my opinion. Since in modern games there are large locations such as "open world", and even with numerous difficult-to-reproduce detailing, it is technically costly and irrational to make the original high-quality graphics. Therefore, it is masked precisely by unnaturally overestimated superimposed graphic effects. I have not yet met an eccentric who inserts or enhances smoke, steam, fog, bloom, blur, eye adaptation, blurring in his game.