3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
Q_Slay 18.12.20 02:28 am

Borderlands 2 performance issues (FPS drops) (Borderlands 2)

Yes, maybe without 14 days in 2021 such questions seem ridiculous, but I really need help.
The matter is as follows;
I use an Intel Core i7-8700k processor in conjunction with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and during the game there are drawdowns of up to 42 fps ... When, logically, there should be honest 144 fps + without the slightest hint of a drawdown .. I don't even know what is the reason The problem is observed only in Borderlands 2.
With cooling, everything is fine, there is no CPU throttling (although it sometimes jumps up to 78% of the load in Borderlands 2), the video card heats up to a MAXIMUM of 32 degrees, and the load at its peak was 12%.
So what to do with it?
UPD
OC - ​​Windows 10
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
Be3yH4eG 18.12.20

3090 if necessary

k
kiryajc 19.12.20

Q_Slay
Try add. remove physics.

Q
Q_Slay 19.12.20

kiryajc
Tried it - the action had no effect.
Also, changing the values ​​in the Engine.ini file (or something like that) seems to have become a LITTLE better, but it's still strange to see drawdowns up to 55 fps (was 42) on such a configuration.
I read that the problem is probably in modern hardware and drivers (although I don't really believe in the idea that NVIDIA deliberately cuts performance in old games), but so far I cannot find a logical explanation for this phenomenon.

F
FinistEG 19.12.20

Q_Slay wrote:
although I don't really believe in the idea that NVIDIA deliberately cuts performance in old games.
It's just that the new hardware does not support old games :))))
It's not only this game has such "glitches", there are a few more " ancient "games, on which the same baida with performance on" fresh "pieces of iron.
"Firewood" is written for new games for new players who will never launch something on their computers, which, in their opinion, has a graph "rip out". There are some, I met. Fresh growth displaces decrepit ones :)

k
kiryajc 19.12.20

Q_Slay
Did you update the driver for the video card? It's just that usually when you install the drivers, you also have to go into GeForce Experience and update from there. Well, at least for me.

Q
Q_Slay 19.12.20

FinistEG
Oh, well, if so, then I feel that I won't play normally already ...
kiryajc
Yes, I updated it (specifically NVIDIA released drivers for Cyberpunk 2077 just recently)
UPD I will
clarify, I updated it from GeForce Experience, and there was a "clean" installation.

k
kiryajc 19.12.20

Q_Slay
Alternatively, there may be a case in the Windows itself. You can also install MSI Autoburner and see how the video card is loaded at all.