3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
snorkfear 27.10.19 02:14 pm

Problems with screen resolution in the Rage 2 (RAGE 2)

Welcome! Please tell me how to change the screen resolution in the Rage 2 is not going to the game? The fact that my monitor has a resolution of 1440*900, but my fucking video card defaults to 1920*1080, in the end a black screen. Fix usually in the config file, but this file is not found. Maybe there is some ways?
16 Comments
Sort by:
D
Din Printer 27.10.19

snorkfear
Try to put the system on 1440*900 resolution.And in the game it will be the same.In the system settings or the settings of NVIDIA if the amd graphics card I don't know how to help .

S
SonyK_2 27.10.19

snorkfear
I used to have such, then use Custom Resolution Utility and all was fine. You need to put in the program, its resolution and update frequency: the system registers the information that the monitor is on the more is not is capable of preserving up - in the OS (and games) will be the maximum resolution and frequency described in the program.
Spoiler

Video of the beginning of the game after the Intro (~2:40).
Spoiler
Din Printer wrote:
Try the system to ask the... in the game it will be the same.
Does not always help: some games are trying hard to run not only in a higher resolution (some monitors still stand), but with increased frequent (for example, 144 instead of 60 Hz), usually after that a black screen with an inscription about that that monitor mode is not supported.

I
Iskandal 27.10.19

snorkfear
C:\Users\username\Saved Games\id SoftwareRage 2
Config this path is. At the very same resolution of the monitor and Takako's nothing got

s
snorkfear 27.10.19

Iskandal
There also looked, config not found, just an empty folder.

D
Ded MastDay 27.10.19

snorkfear
Option 1
When you start the game press Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode and then in game set your resolution.

Option 2
On the way C:\Users\Имя user\Saved Games\id SoftwareRage 2 should be the configuration file settings.ini and the Saves folder.

Open it with a text editor and find the line:

[Display]
Fullscreen=2
FullscreenWidth=1920
FullscreenHeight=1080
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=720

Put your authorization or change Fullscreen=2 (polnoekrannyj) for Fullscreen=1 (in window).

The game creates the config file when you first start, if it has never been run, the file may not be. Then try to create it myself.

s
snorkfear 27.10.19

Grandfather Mastday
Thank you very much! Created the file, copied the lines. Help!

S
SergeyAl 27.10.19

Grandfather Mastday
Hi! Found this way in the Rage folder create a Notepad file,copy,insert,change all on their own. But when I run again the black screen and an inscription that the monitor does not support. Do something wrong? thanks in advance.

D
Ded MastDay 27.10.19

SergeyAl
Put in the file properties the read-only attribute.

S
SergeyAl 27.10.19

Grandfather Mastday
did not help(

D
Ded MastDay 27.10.19

SergeyAl
SergeyAl wrote:
Found the path,in a folder create Rage
A folder called Rage 2
Created file in Notepad settings.txt you need to rename settings.ini.

S
SergeyAl 27.10.19

Grandfather Mastday
Rage 2,there does not go into the Saves folder. Create not settings.txt and from settings.ini.
It seems I fail. somewhere on the stage.

D
Ded MastDay 27.10.19

SergeyAl
On idea all should work, maybe the problem of black screen resolution. Try to run in windowed mode.

S
SergeyAl 27.10.19

Grandfather Mastday
In the permit. When you start off monitor p floating the inscription input not supported. Run it in windowed mode. Resolution 1366x768 Monica. Heck,tried everything already.

D
Ded MastDay 27.10.19

SergeyAl
In the options folder and search should be disabled checkbox in item - hide extensions for known file types. If it is not disabled, when you create a file in Notepad, the. ini extension after the dot is recorded in the file name, not the extension. The result is sеttings.ini.txt instead, settings.ini as the file extension is simply hidden. This type of file the game will not see.
SpoilerCheck whether there is any error.
input not supported" may occur not only due to unsupported resolution, but also because of the unsupported frequency monitor. You can try to force the drivers to enable vertical sync.
So try in the ini-file to register is not the resolution of your monitor (1366x768) and 1280x720 for example. Perhaps this resolution is not supported by the game, and when you start it resets the config to default.
PS.
SergeyAl wrote:
Run it in windowed mode.
Then try Vice versa in full screen. (in the config file for windowed and full screen modes with different resolutions).

R
Rafailovich 01.06.21

Grandfather Mast Give
thanks for the help

G
Guest 03.03.22

check C/USERNAME/SAVEDGAMES/ID SOFTWARE/RAGE2/SETTING/OPENWORDPAD