3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mage Hermit 20.12.20 05:12 am

Bacchanalia or they are gaining .... (Fallout 4)

I went through the game on the sly without touching the plot and rebuilding settlements.
I did side quests and companion quests, and I built.
I didn’t bother building everything, but only created three or four main well-
defended settlements, and the rest are just grub farms.
Until I touched the plot it was quiet. Not a single attack on settlements !! Not a single one !!
In the end I decided to go a little bit further in the plot .....
I better not do it.
Failed Kellogg and went to the Institute, and upon returning from there, all the dogs
broke off the chain.
First, packs of beasts attacked the Sanctuary, including a pair of legendary
Claws, then the Archers, and again the Sanctuary.
I went to the Fort on business .... only to take part in another scum, this time with the raiders. The fight lasted a fucking day !!
In full afigey I survived and went to sleep .....
After starting the game the next day I received a message that Starlight was attacked !!!
And this is also a well-built, well-defended settlement.
How HOW your porridge a dozen raiders in the skin managed to break through
TWO ROWS OF TURRELS !!!
When I got there, the defense was crushed into trash ...
40 Comments
Sort by:
S
Subject89P13 20.12.20

ripvango
I did not notice that they hurt

Z
Zolotko555 20.12.20

I’m standing bargaining with Carla in an urn in a sanchuari and right during the selection of goods the raiders next to us spawned ... did I fence in fences?))) Crap, of course ... it shouldn't be like that ... but it's fun))))

G
Gur1 20.12.20

Zolotko555
Put a mod that takes out the spawn of enemies outside the territory of the settlement. Although they say that in Senchuari this does not help.

Z
Zolotko555 20.12.20

Gur1
I don't use mods at all ... while I'm playing clean ... I want to see the full potential of the game and then maybe I'll put it ... but as I wrote above, it's even more interesting

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Lokki37 is
best off the perimeter. Raiders should be left with a passage in the middle of the settlement, which should be shot from both sides. then they will get stuck in it, fighting with turrets and ground defenders and will be merrily and bloody destroyed. And settlements should be built more modestly in size, then raiders will not respawn inside, and their spawn points will remain outside the defense.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Lokki37
Abbat76
The respawn points for attacks for each settlement are different and they are fixed. Some settlements are far enough away - the same plan for Jamaica. And in some - within the boundaries of the settlement, for example - Hangman's Alley, Somerville Place, Egret Tours Marina. There are often several of them. You can view these points using the Settlement Management Software mod. It has a command when attack respawn points are marked as quest markers. It is around these points that we need to build a defense. Turrets, as Abbat76 correctly writes, are better placed higher, then they are not afraid of any holes :-) But there are still Missile launchers :-)

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK
In the case of launchers, placing turrets higher also works as a defense. NPCs do not shoot them for sure. And hitting down the ceiling on which the turret is standing does not damage it. In addition, the turrets placed on the 3-floor level, although they have dead zones directly under the walls of the building, are nevertheless better protected from gunfire, because from the ground their profile looks smaller. they are smaller targets. In addition, missiles that did not hit the turret at a height simply fly past it into the sky, which means there will be no area damage.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Abbat76 wrote:
In the case of launchers, placing turrets higher also works as protection. NPCs do not shoot them for sure. And hitting down the ceiling on which the turret is standing does not damage it.
Contradiction! If they don't shoot, then what kind of hits are we talking about? :-) I'm not sure that nepsies don't shoot upward at turrets. In addition, there is another point - when a GG is detected, NPCs, as a rule, concentrate fire on him, ignoring other targets. I will try to observe on occasion. Although I usually actively participate in the defense myself.
Lokki37
There are three enemy spawn points in Senkchyuri. Everything outside the perimeter (green zone). In addition, there enemies all I had were frail. There are no problems. Turrets on pedestals between fence elements cope. There are two spawn points in Sunshine - one on the side of the silos or whatever, to the right of them. It is higher than the settlement. And the second one is almost from the opposite side on the road, it is here that a large group of attackers will spawn. This point is below the settlement. It is also standard here - fence elements and pedestals with turrets. The second line is already on higher buildings. In Senkchury I don't even have time to shoot :-) In Sunshine I appear on the roof of a building, high, the attackers in the lowland are clearly visible :-) There is a reason to have some fun :-)

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Lokki37 wrote:
one point behind the house of GG
It must have come running from the spawn point - it is not far from the bridge across the stream, along the path from the Shelter to Senkchyuri.
In general, I wrote here more than once, there is a good mod that helps manage settlements - Settlement Management Software. In it, you can mark the spawn points of attacks.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Lokki37
If the wall is from a mod, then it's not a fact that the NPCs take it into account. There were messages here on the forum that the elements of buildings from mods were ignored by the Setlers. That is, for the scripts of the game, they seem to be missing :-)

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK
I wrote "they don't shoot absolutely accurately", meaning that they sometimes smear when shooting. It was said in a different sense.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Just captured Jameika Plaints for my raider cores. while poking around with the landscaping, passed in the house. there the location is quite small, the house on the first floor has two exits - to the street outside, and to the courtyard. I see in the doorway - right in front of me, a man is woven out of thin air. pressed on the VATS - a blow job in a homeless outfit. Well, I think we'll see what they do. This lonely blow-man went around the house, and three more blow-men went there from the other three sides. Halfway down the road, two of them got the machine guns on the roof and began to kill them. The other two minietmen walked slowly by, completely ignoring the killing of their brothers. And next to them in the same direction (well, almost arm in arm) were walking two residents of this location from the gang of Operators. This went on for about a minute, because the AI ​​NPC decided that it would be necessary to fight them already. Well, the blowjob men were quickly shot. I enjoyed these observations. Because minietmen are not at all hostile to me. You can form your own opinion about the abilities of certain groups.

In the same way, while sitting in the "chair of the ghoul", I watched how 4 BS paladins attacked the location with 12 Pack bandits and 6 machine guns on the roof of the shack. If it were not for the fact that the inhabitants of the location are, in principle, immortal, then the BS would have broken these submachine gunners with a dry count. And so - the first "killed" lay down and, having resurrected, finished off the already killed paladins.

It would be very nice to have a mod that makes the inhabitants of locations mortal. Then there would be an incentive to build serious fortifications in the settlements.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Abbat76 wrote:
You can make your own opinion about the abilities of certain groups.
Here it is more about the AI ​​of the non-writing ... more precisely, in the scripts. I think so. :-)
Abbat76 wrote:
It would be very nice to have a mod that makes the inhabitants of locations mortal. Then there would be an incentive to build serious fortifications in the settlements.
They say there is such a mod. It was mentioned here on the forum that it costs.
About BoS. They like to climb into a breach, like a tank in armor :-) for which they get. In the center of Boston, patrols often run from vertibirds.

A
ArXangel_ann 20.12.20

Abbat76 wrote:
It would be very nice to have a mod that makes the inhabitants of locations mortal
for a long time there is

Ignore of the battle for the NPCs - this is a delay in scripts. If there are a lot of mods and / or not a very powerful computer, then it will be so. The delay is different, depending on the complexity of the location and the number of notes in it

G
Gur1 20.12.20

Abbat76 wrote:
It would be very nice to have a mod that makes the inhabitants of locations mortal
I have been using this mod for a long time

F
Fildon 20.12.20

They would do it in Skyrim so that it would not be boring. So that trolls and dragons attack your settlements.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Fildon wrote:
Trolls and Dragons
In Fallout? This is already too much! But if you just want to increase the frequency of attacks, then I saw the corresponding mod on the nexus.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Fildon
So they did in Skyrim. Your settlements (villas from the Hertfire add-on) are periodically attacked by animals, a giant, and bandits. Giants trample in the yard, trying to steal a cow. the rest climb inside the structure. Rats constantly seep into the basement.

Unfortunately, the attacks in F4 are very fictitious. The settlement does not suffer much. there is no target for such attacks as such.

It would be much better if the attackers steal some of the resources upon a successful attack, and the GG, who flapped his ears about this event and could not defend the settlement, could follow in their footsteps where the resources were taken and catch up with the gang in their lair to take away the stolen goods. That would be sensible. It would make sense to do the defense properly, plan traps and all that.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Lokki37
If the mod adds elements to the construction mode that were originally present in the game, then removing the mod will not lead to collision. If the mod adds its own objects, then removing this mod will lead to the disappearance of these objects.

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Lokki37
You 're welcome ! :-)