3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
theMrSpy 20.12.20 05:17 am

New motherboard not working

Good afternoon! In general, the problem is as follows.
We bought a new mother, bring it home, put the computer together:
Mother - ASUS P8P67Pro Prots
- Intel Core i7-2600
Two RAM strips of 4 giga Kingston
Mother checked, everything worked like a clock.
So, the computer turned on, the system booted (Windows 10), started working, it suddenly rebooted, I did not understand why, after that it started to reboot when trying to boot the system. I suggested that the matter is in the system, perhaps after changing the motherboard, you still need to reinstall the system. I boot from disk, backup data from the system screw. There were no incidents when working with the disk. While I was backing up the data, an idea came to my mind, I connected the screws to the Marvel 6 Gigabit SATA ports, I thought that they were the problem, I reconnected the 6 Gigabit ports to Intel, I tried to boot from the screw, it did not work, when the OS was loaded again reboot. I insert the disk with Windows, start booting from it, while reading data from the disk begins, I opened the lid of the system unit in order to see what was happening there.
The boot from the disk reached almost the end and the computer just turned off, before that CPU_LED on the motherboard lit up. When you try to turn it on, CPU_LED lights up again and now DRAM_LED, it turns on for less than a split second, the cooler just barely moves and that's it, nothing else happens. The computer no longer responds to the power button until I restart the power supply.
I removed the entire body kit from the motherboard, left only RAM and percent, even turned off all the screws and the drive, nothing happened, I decided to disconnect everything and connect it again, with a minimum set, RAM + percent, I forgot to connect the power to percent, I did not notice it by accident, I turn it on computer, the mother is working, the "propellers" are spinning, the CPU_LED indicator is on, but as soon as I turn on the power, the mother stops functioning again.
At the very first start, the system worked fine, without failures, the percentages did not overheat (as I could assume at first, it works adequately), until it suddenly rebooted out of the blue (at that moment I opened uTorrent).

Now the most important thing is, tell me what it can be and how can it be fixed now?
I want to run to a friend the other day to check my percent, suddenly he still ordered to live long.
22 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

most likely the train made a boom,
bring the whole thing to repair

f
fog666666 20.12.20

You need to kiss your mother say a good word and everything will work out

S
Ser777 20.12.20

Xs will help or not, try in the BIOS or enable or disable the VT-D and intel virtualization tehnology functions, for a long time on my old computer I had a problem with installing and running windows 8 when it just came out, disabling the above technologies helped.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 20.12.20

What's with the speaker? Is he beeping?
What PSU and how much?
There have been cases of damage to the mother during installation, especially advanced coolers. In this case, the mother may even work sometimes. The cooler is screwed on incorrectly and the board bends.

C
CR0MWeLL 20.12.20

try to remove the "pill" for a few minutes, and didn’t overdo it with thermal paste?

t
theMrSpy 20.12.20

Ser777 As
I say, I cannot turn on the computer at all. I need virtualization, without it the virtual machine does not work, and I did not notice any interference of this technology in the operation of the OS before.

LeopoldoMendoza
There is no speaker, if I am not mistaken, at least the mother does not make any sounds.

CR0MWeLL I
did a BIOS reset, it did not help, I did not overdo it with thermal paste, I know for sure.

L
Listoman 20.12.20

theMrSpy
Looks like KZ. Most likely, the feeder flew on the mother) Bring it to the SC

-
-SK.art- 20.12.20

theMrSpy wrote:
At the very first start, the system worked fine, without failures, the percentages did not overheat (as I could assume at first, its works adequately)
congratulations. With a high probability, your pump is closed. Look for an air cooler and stavte, check.
PS: about three weeks ago, my arctic cooling 240 pump was covered, there was severe overheating. I managed to go into the BIOS to go after many attempts to start the system, I found that the stone heats up to 95 grams.
PS: if they tormented the system for a long time, then they could burn the percent nafig.
PS: I had about the same symptoms. Moreover, this happened at the time of the Windows update. I thought it was that something was wrong with the update .. Although the symptoms were clearly hardware. I even tried to install Windows from scratch, but during the PC process I passed out (the poor fellow puffed at 95-97 degrees) ..

M
Metalist1925 20.12.20

-SK.art-
and where does such overheating come from?

-
-SK.art- 20.12.20

Metalist1925 wrote: why
such overheating?
how from where? The water block was covered with a copper basin near my own, I wrote .. The turntables on the radiator continued to work, but the pump was covered.
Here, most likely the same. Plus there is a fear that the processor could burn out ..
PS: the mother is most likely working. Until the very last moment she tried to fight the "stupidity" of the owner (and in my case too), cut in protection against overheating - turned off nafig. Therefore, his indicator was on fire.

t
theMrSpy 20.12.20

-SK.art-
I have air cooling, there is no pump. When I entered the BIOS, the temperature on the process was about 40 degrees, I do not think that at such a temperature it could burn out, although of course I do not rule out anything, on the weekend I will check on my friend's hardware.

-
-SK.art- 20.12.20

theMrSpy wrote:
I am air cooled, no pump there.
theMrSpy wrote:
At the very first start, the system worked fine, without failures, the percentages did not overheat (as I could assume at first, its works adequately)
how is it?

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 20.12.20

theMrSpy
then with a friend will carry the computers to the SC. You'd better go to the pros, pay a denyuzhku for inspecting your iron friend, otherwise your computer killed yourself, and you will also help your friend finish it off.

Now I remember the blog of one individual, here at PG. he also ran into some kind of technical problem, killed his computer, took the hardware from a friend and finished it off)) then sat on the forums begging for help: D although he was immediately told - bring it to the SC. I didn’t listen, now he’s saving up on his friend’s computer, but he probably doesn’t think about his own.

PS tests had to be carried out when the computer was still turned on. now only the savior angels from the service center can help, offer them a prayer and pay tribute for a complex ritual, and you may be happy.

h
hrdCore 20.12.20

theMrSpy wrote:
but as soon as I turn on the power supply, my mother stops functioning again
as they said above
Listoman wrote:
It looks like a short circuit. Most likely, the feeder of the prots on the mother flew) Bring it to the SC
well and, accordingly, the protection is triggered in the power supply
unit theMrSpy wrote:
The computer no longer reacts to the power button until I restart the power supply

A
Alexey Bitardsky 20.12.20

1.Try to put one bar in turn in each slot and try to start (If the motherboard is dead, you can't do it worse).
2. Try to pull out the percent and start it, if it beeps - everything is buzzing (sign off)
3. If it doesn't help - carry it under warranty, hand it over, if you didn't take it from your hands.

t
theMrSpy 20.12.20

-SK.art-
Air Cooling System, isn't it?
Alexey Bitardskiy
With memory everything is ok, without cpu does not work. My mother is new, but I didn’t take it from a store, but from a private trader; it was difficult to find a normal mother in stores in my city. The seller was tested and everything worked.

B
BoriskaE 20.12.20

This happens: I forgot to connect (not tightly connected: the additional power connector on the motherboard or video card, i.e. check all power connectors. This happens if the radiator is not installed correctly (not tight / skewed, etc.) at first it starts normally, but when the OS starts up, it overheats abruptly and strongly and the mother cuts off the power.

-
-SK.art- 20.12.20

theMrSpy wrote:
Air Cooling System Isn't It?
No. The abbreviation CBO usually means a water cooling system)

K
KPK666 20.12.20

theMrSpy
If the motherboard has changed, then Windows will not boot with the new one, there will be conflicts with firewood. It worked on XP, but now, when changing the motherboard, you need to reinstall Windows. This is the first option. The second one follows after solving the first one - problems with the RAM, try to run the planks separately. Third, it does not pull the power supply (which is unlikely). If there were overheating of the processor, then the cooler would hum like abnormal and upon reboot the computer would not start, it would hang on the first menu with a warning about overheating. Yes, in order to burn the percent you have to try very hard.

R
RAZIEL_ 20.12.20

theMrSpy
read reviews on this motherboard in the net, there are many bad reviews, for example:

"After three years of work, there was a power breakdown on the 12V line to the processor. The mother burned out, 2500k percent also burned out. I
smoked the Internet - a fairly common story for motherboards. ASUS series P8 on a P67 chip. And the problem is not in overclocking or overheating, but in poor-quality elements of the processor power subsystem. I sit and cry = ("

http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?t=416186

someone else's processor into my motherboard Better not, otherwise you never know.