3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pirate_89 20.12.20 05:52 am

Supreme Commander FAQ

Welcome to the Supreme Commander

FAQ Contributed by the FAQ
Pirate_89

System requirements:

Minimum requirements:
Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 or Athlon 1800 MHz
RAM: 512 MB RAM
Video: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with 128 MB video memory or more; DirectX 9 support Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0
Free disk space: 10 GB
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card
CD-ROM: 2x speed DVD-Rom
Additional software: DirectX 9.0c
Control: Keyboard, mouse

Recommended requirements:
Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 or Athlon 3200 MHz
Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
Video: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of video memory or more; DirectX 9 support Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0
Free disk space: 10 GB
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card
CD-ROM: 2x speed DVD-Rom
Additional software: DirectX 9.0c
Control: Keyboard, mouse

List of supported video cards:
nVIDIA : GeForce FX Series, GeForce 6, GeForce 7, GeForce 8
ATI - AMD: Radeon X Series, Radeon X1 Series, Radeon HD Series
Screen resolution: 800x600 | 1024x768 | 1280x1024 | 1600x1200

Information about the game:

What is the official site of the Supreme Commander game?
Here is the official website of the Supreme Commander

game. Does the game have multiplayer?
Yes, there is using GPG Net or play on DirectPlay

What races are in the game?
There are 3
races in the game: 1. United Federation of the Earth (Abbreviated as OFZ)
2. Aeon
3. Kirban

Is there a population limit in the game?
250, 500, 750, 1000

What are the card sizes in the game (square kilometers)?
5, 10, 20, 40, 81

How many and what types of resources are there in the game?
there are only 2 types of resources in the game
1. Matter
2. Energy

What types of units are there in the game?
there are only 4 types of units in the game
1. Units of the 1st level
2. Units of the 2nd level
3. Units of 3rd level
4. Experimental units - they are the most powerful (sometimes they are called units of 4th level)

What types of buildings are there in the game?
there are only 4 types of units in the game
1. Buildings of the 1st level
2. Buildings of the 2nd level
3. Buildings of the 3rd level
4. Experimental buildings - they are the most powerful ones (sometimes they are called buildings of the 4th level)
. the game has only 2 buildings of the 4th level, these are arteliric installations at Kirban and OFZ.

Does the game have a demo version? If so, where can I download it?
Yes, there is a demo version, you can download it here

How to make the game run without a disk (Where can I get NODVD)?
Update the game at least to version v3220 the protection is removed there
1. The update patch from version 3189 to version 3220 can be downloaded here
2. The update patch from version 3217 to version 3220 can be downloaded here
3. The update patch from version 3220 to version 3223 can be downloaded here
Note: checked only on the version of the game from Buka

Technical questions

I have problems with graphics in the game / the game does not start / the game crashes. What can be wrong?
1. Check if your computer meets the system requirements.
2. Be sure to update the drivers for the video card.

How can I turn off the sound in the game?
You need to go to the properties of the launch shortcut and add in the "object" line: / nosound
Example: "From: / Games / Supreme Commander / Supreme Commander / bin / upremeCommander.exe / nosound"

The game is very slow and constantly accesses the HDD.
1. For a normal game, 1GB or more of RAM is recommended.
Solution: increase its volume.
2. Make sure that you do not overestimate the graphics settings.
Solution: Try to set the default settings.
3. Close all background applications (antivirus, firewall and other utilities) before starting the game. It is recommended to read article
# 331796 in the Microsoft database on how to perform a clean boot to prevent other programs from slowing down the game from loading.

After installing the game, an error appears: "Please check the system requirements."
1. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game (see above).
2. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. they can be entered here:
AMD - ATI
NVidia

The game does not start on a video card of the GeForce 5xxx FX family.
The game can be run on 5th generation graphics cards. To do this, go to the properties of the launch shortcut and add in the line "object": / novalidate
Example: "From: / Games / Supreme Commander / Supreme Commander / bin / upremeCommander.exe / novalidate"
Please note that to ensure the correct launch of the game on video cards of this families we cannot. For some, reinstalling the game to a different folder or to the default folder helps.

Previously, I had a pirate, now I installed a licensed game, I launch it - the game is completely in English. What's the matter?
Reinstall the game after deleting the old folder with the profile and saved games:
Documents and Settings // Local Settings / Application Data / Gas Powered Games The

information for compiling the FAQ was taken in part from the
official Buki website
6 Comments
Sort by:
j
jericho57 20.12.20

the game crashes to the desktop after 30-40 minutes of playing on vista, help with what you can :)

D
D0NoR 20.12.20

Previously, I had a pirate, now I installed a licensed game, I launch it - the game is completely in English. What's the matter?
Reinstall the game after deleting the old folder with the profile and saved games:
Documents and Settings // Local Settings / Application Data / Gas Powered Games

I want to note that the game can not be reinstalled, it is enough to delete the specified folder.
By the way, for those who are in the tank, Local Settings and Application Data are hidden folders!

G
Gabdullah 20.12.20

No need to delete anything to change the language !!!

In Windows Vista / Seven, in the C: Users username AppData Local Gas Powered Games Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
folder, open the Game.prefs file with any text editor (even notepad), find the line "language = 'US'," or, respectively, "language = 'RU'," well, and set the required parameter value - RU or US

In Windows XP - the same thing, only in a different way - I don't remember, it is also connected with AppData Local (or Application Data)

Similarly, for a simple supreme - the same file in the corresponding folder - C: Users username AppData Local Gas Powered Games Supreme Commander

And the game holds any permissions - I have both 1600x1200 and 1920x1080, I'm sure, and so on keeps

B
Brayan rezak 20.12.20

People help, When you start Supreme Commander appears in processes for a few seconds and then disappears. No errors, no messages of any kind ... just nothing. Doesn't start.

r
reftik 20.12.20

I installed the game, uninstalled it, then installed it again, but the line with the commands, the number of selected, units, etc. now not at the bottom but on the side, who knows how to fix it?

Y
Yernar2003 20.12.20

I have a problem. I can't start the game. I downloaded the game from "Mikhanikov" Installed. Then I go to the root folder. And there is nothing there (except for the game folders). I can't figure out what to do. Help!!!