3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lmperatorPC 20.12.20 05:56 am

Vault-tech, or a little about the universe of the game (Fallout 4)

Actually, judging by all the information about experiments in shelters, I propose to discuss a few funny questions from the point of view of the fallach universe (well, at least from the third part), and the opinion of the members of the forum on these issues became interesting:

1) Was Volt-tech directly involved in unleashing wars? And also, let's say, could she not be 90% responsible for such a development of events?

2) If involved, then for what purpose? (Experimenting is fine, of course, but isn't there some bigger goal behind it?)

3) Plus, I noticed that so far there have not been any major storylines dedicated specifically to Vault-tech, and does this mean that in the next parts the developers will promote global backing (not at the level of individual events, as was the case with Washington or with the commonwealth, or even in the correct fall from obsidians), with the disclosure of the secrets of this particular corporation. After all, if you think about it, they are absolutely everywhere with their shelters, plus experiments on humans on the topic of shelter.

Your opinion?
10 Comments
Sort by:
1YourBatya1 20.12.20

I am such a world where you can't wash without catching a dose, and everything itches and glows if you scratch. To understand the ENT (and there it is very) foul, for example, you just need to look in reality. All ideas, prototypes, developed indirectly or directly from life, dilute all this with a wild farce and fantasize as they like in their matrix, without boundaries. And the answer is one, legless. If she is involved, then she managed to destroy the civilization in full, who does the Voltek consist of, maybe from androids, humanoids? ,minimum. So I think the answers are somewhere there, scattered throughout the world of our reality.

M
Marty52 20.12.20

lmperatorPC
With questions like this, read the Fallout bible. In general, as far as I recall, the Vault-Tec thought that the alarm was training, but they wanted to set the events so that everyone thought that it was real, in order to start their experiments. In general, they themselves did not expect that the war had really begun. Like, something like that.

l
lmperatorPC 20.12.20

Marty52
As far as I understand, the current developments relate to the old backing somewhat mediocre, so it's not a fact that their scriptwriters work this way.

M
Marty52 20.12.20

lmperatorPC
No, not mediocre. Lore to the four claims zero, because everything fits well both in the style of the universe and in the events. There are no "their writers" here. And even more so, there are no breaks with the rest of the series. The Vault-Tec hasn't changed a bit.

l
lmperatorPC 20.12.20

Marty52
But then they are free to write. And that's why I started the topic with Vault-Tech.

M
Marty52 20.12.20

lmperatorPC
Next - please. But everything is already known about the Vault-Tek. Now their theme remains to be developed only in the direction of the remaining shelters, the number of which is not firmly established.

D
Direm 20.12.20

Somewhere in the vidos I saw that the Volt-Tek controls the UNCLAVA and they wanted to check whether life would exist after the war and Volt-Tek was their "pawn".

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

To begin with, Vault-Tec is a pre-war corporation. And the Enclave is the faction that embodies the evacuated government. The enclave as we know it appeared after the bombs fell. And the Vault-Tec - on the contrary - ceased to exist after the bombs fell. It is impossible to link the Enclave and Vault-Tec due to time differences.

However, if you dig into the sources of ENT for the Fallout world, then we can assume the following:

1. Vault-Tech is a corporation that received a government grant to create a network of shelters for US residents. Of course, a project of this scale in its essence and logic cannot but be a government one: the Vault could not bring income under any circumstances. This means that the shelters were built for the government and for government money. Consequently, Vault-Tek is simply a government contractor who could not have unleashed a war on his own for his own scientific purposes - he simply does not have sufficient tools for this. However, Vault-Tek could well have tried to use the state order for the construction of shelters as a platform for the implementation of their own experiments, about which nothing was known to government customers. This is evidenced by the fact that there is a refuge, where the subjects were government officials and their families. This confirms that the government ordered conventional shelters, and what the Vault-Tec turned them into is a private initiative.

To think that the government had a desire to unleash a war precisely for the sake of the ridiculous finding out whether humanity will survive is, well, at least ridiculous. Let's remember the events that preceded the war: there was an energy crisis for humanity. Due to the lack of fuel, mutual claims of China and the United States to each other's territories began to occur. China landed in Alaska at Anchorage. The United States produced the first power suits and used them not only in Anchorage, but also landed in China. China, unable to resist the offensive, provoked an exchange of nuclear strikes. Where are Vault-Tech interests here? They are not.

In essence, Vault-Tek embodies the black banter over the existing mega-corporations, the banter over globalization. Here the developers very clearly conveyed the image of a classic greedy, cynical and immoral corporation for which there is nothing sacred. And yet they separated her image from the government.

Well, these are my thoughts and analysts. And what the developers actually think there - they themselves only know.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Marty52
Not everything with the Vault-Tec is clear and transparent. If you carefully read the contents of the terminals on the shelters, but more than once and in more than one game, you may come across the fact that the connection between the shelter and the Vault-Tek is interrupted. Boston has only a Vault-Tech regional office. But somewhere must be the true center of this corporation. I would venture to suggest that the corporation (which builds a network of shelters, in each of which an experiment is carried out, lasting tens and hundreds of years) counted not only to survive until the end of the experiments, but also to collect the data obtained, process it and apply it in some global project for which they generally conducted experiments. This means that the corporation that built the shelters could well have done the same for themselves. I am leading the thought to the fact that somewhere there may well exist a huge underground shelter - scientific,

M
Marty52 20.12.20

Abbat76
Yes, these are quite reasonable thoughts. I just meant that the goals and actions of the Vault-Tec have long been known. But whether they stayed anywhere is a mystery at the moment.