3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Victor Kaiser 20.12.20 09:32 pm

The chapter with the most "concentrated" atmosphere (Half-Life 2)

For me it is a place with a picturesque collapsed bridge, and indeed the entire coastline, the Citadel and the canals.

pix.PlayGround.ru
39 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alert 20.12.20

Nice photoshop.

D
DvxNL 20.12.20

Half Life is generally all atmospheric

.Nero 20.12.20

a place with a picturesque collapsed bridge
And I hate that place. The atmosphere there, on the contrary, disappears somewhere, IMHO.
Most of all I appreciate the atmosphere of the breakthrough in Nova Prospekt and the battles in the city. These are the places where I personally find it most interesting to play.
Well, you can also note a duel with a helicopter next to the hydroelectric power station.

D
Dragon27 20.12.20

in these two places are two of my favorite tracks xl2
What? One of them isn't Orbifold by chance? I've forgotten everything ...

D
Dragon27 20.12.20

hl2_song16, in my opinion, is LG Orbifold, if I'm not mistaken. When exactly does she play?

D
Dragon27 20.12.20

Hmm. Orbifold is, in my opinion, something from topology, differential geometry and other matans.

W
Wolk000 20.12.20

hl2_song16, in my opinion, is LG Orbifold, if I'm not mistaken. When exactly does she play?
Doo, 16 = orbyford, in sound number 22, in chl2 he plays in an underground parking lot in front of (under) a dilapidated house from which striders have to be killed (before going down to the citadel), there is still a strider on the right, firing into the house, and then turns to gg, and at the parking lot, combines + 3 elite men will then come from above, well, remember,

IMHO, the music does not fit, fast zombies have to run under this one, and not with the combines

there is an ambush and the floor is
undermined, the floor is blown up further, the floor is not undermined, but that can be said right before the detonation
(chl2 cut from hard with steam, the screen is mute)
Before this moment we meet in the house of a rebel-nigru who says: "we are almost under the wall of the citadel dock, I do not know how the hell we will overcome it, but up to here you doshol, I'm sure you will think of something" (bl, I remember by heart )

hl2_song14 - this is You're Not Supposed to Be Here, it is noteworthy that this is a gmen's phrase, and he said it in the 2nd episode (when Mouzon was already in chl2), he plays when he just got a boat
in the sound under number 24

hl2_song29 is an Apprehension and Evasion, number 12 in the sound, running under the machine guns of a new avenue (IMHO the same doesn't fit there very well)

Threat picture is very
good Threat2 http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%80%D0%B1 % D0% B8% D1% 84% D0% BE% D0% BB% D0% B4

b
back_inUSSR 20.12.20

for me the most atmospheric place where you just leave Rhwenholm, and not yet reach the shore ...

W
Wolk000 20.12.20

And I'm fine there, it's just
that it's not even that it does not fit, but because there are a lot of machine guns, but the music

M
Moodesty 20.12.20

Well, since it's about the atmosphere, let's start (I will try to write in order, as well as indicate the name of the track that is playing at the moment):

1) Intro. The music is just right there, Jim, telling something about the right person in the wrong place ... The station itself is interesting too. Exit to the square in front of the station - you don't know where to go, as if you are a stranger in this world that was once dear ...

2) The moment when you put on the XEB - under the Hazardous Environments track, it seems to remind you of the old days of Black Mesa (I remember Rapid's book, where Gordon, when he saw XEB, thought something like: "We went through a lot. With you even to hell"

3) Chase on a boat. Under hl2_song16 it is just right to run away from the helicopter.

4) Leap from the dam and arrival at the pier near the Eastern Black Mesa. music: Escape Array - a great track, mysterious but soothing, and saying that you are at home and waiting for you (as it really is)

5) The first map of Revenholm. An abandoned city that was once a haven for civilians, but now it is a ghost town. Ravenholm Reprise only emphasizes this depressing atmosphere.

6) Cemetery. The moment when Gregory lowers the gate behind Gordon and wishes him good luck. Requiem for Ravenholm - one of my favorite songs on the HL2 soundtrack

7) Exit to the surface from the mines under Revenholm. Finally some sunshine. hl_song_01 kind of tells us that we need to keep going, because there is still a long way ahead ...

Trips along the beach have their own flavor, but almost nothing interesting happens before the railway bridge, so I will not stop here.

8) Disabling the force fields for driving through the bridge. One of the most atmospheric parts of the game. Lab Practicum is another favorite track. Causes a depressing feeling of loneliness and abandonment to the mercy of fate.

9) Meeting with Laszlo and his comrade. Everyone knows Suit_Song, I think there is no need to remind anything)

10) Nova Avenue. The prison, with its empty cells, blood-stained chairs and hl_song_19, is working out the atmosphere to its fullest.

11) The basement flooded with radioactive slurry (where the rebel medic clears the blockage with an explosion). Echoes of a Resonance Cascade is a pretty dumb melody)

12) Getting into the citadel. I don't remember at all what kind of music is playing there (it's time for the CL to retrace), but walks around the citadel are quite atmospheric.

13) The very end is when Bryn runs into the elevator leaving the gravigan on the floor.
The track that is playing at this moment: hl_song_6 (Pulse Phase) - a harsh one, reminiscent of old action movies with Stallone and Schwarzenegger. To such music, just do what to go and tear the asses of alien invaders and collaborators)).

S
Shifroval 20.12.20

Now tell
me where this track is playing: And I didn’t hear, but the comment on YouTube:

Oh hey, this is from the "runaway G-Man" bit that was originally in the HL2 Beta, but was cut out because it didn ' t fit G-Man's character.

Sobsno I will add to the list of places with a fat atmosphere.
The place where the rebels and harvesters skirmish, in the garage after the paths immediately after leaving the Rav mines, the place where the epic Triage at Dawn plays ..
This is the moment

I used to tear and metal there, shot the harvesters, as if along the paths, as if my friend had been killed, and they will pay ..
I was really afraid that the rebels might not survive, I am always afraid and panic at such moments. And yet Winston got hooked .. I hope he survived.

A
Artalus 20.12.20

\ And now tell
me where this track is playing [s] there is no such word in my dictionary [/ s] there is no such track in the main chl2

\ Triage at Dawn
besides HL1_Song15 - the only track that hooked me in chl2) by the way, it seems is it a snippet of some longer track?

but according to the subject, I find it difficult to single out the very concentrate, except that the HFM - I would like to delay the moment of assault on coffee makers and wander the corridors, or sit in front of the projector, listen to a lecture by the name of what happened in 20 years without Freeman's supervision,
and perhaps you can also call the Citadel (in which back in 2004 I was afraid to climb for some reason) - although something is missing in my opinion

edit: ya soshol crazy, or really refers to Op4ce, but not to hl2?

W
Wolk000 20.12.20

waaaaai I'm heresy waaaaaaay

there is no such track in the main hl2
kuuuy, there is, but I have not seen it in the game either, or I don’t remember, and it’s small, in
principle, in the sound, a lot of music that is not in the hl, a harvester harvester for example

A
Artalus 20.12.20

Path of Borealis - this one? for me it looks more like a remix, + bits of radio.mp3 in the middle of the sound,
like somewhere I heard an extended version performed on one piano, but this is most likely from another opera

S
Shifroval 20.12.20

[anti-math] Path Of Borealis (or Path Of Deceiver), Google to help, delivers BLJAD
ENOUGH TO BREAK HERESY

This is not Path of Borealis, this is a remix from a chel named DJ Dain of the tracks Triage at Dawn and that sound from the TV with G. (at the end track it).
And it's all called That Long Train Ride.

And this heresy went from the fake ost to the alleged beta from the Valv itself, where a couple of tracks from beta + XYNTA were thrown, including a track from DJ Dan called Path of Borealis, obviously the author read RTB and, seeing there a map of the Old plot, admired and called it file.
Many tracks from this fake remnant were recognized by knowledgeable people. These are mainly tracks from games.

A
Artalus 20.12.20

a sudden cipher conveyed the truth, and I saw a long-tail ride in similar links to my borealis
// it turns out that the triage is not a piece of the whole?

S
Shifroval 20.12.20

edit: ya soshol crazy, or really refer to Op4ce, not to hl2?
In HL1 this track is originally. In HL2 there is a remix of it.

// it turns out that the triage is not a piece of a whole?
Exactly. The rest is just the intrigues of the jydomason, hungry for fame and power.

S
Shifroval 20.12.20

And now you have grown old and you are not already sword-hitting?
Practically .. Right now, I'm not so worried when playing anything, because I can play better than 7 years ago. Otherwise, in terms of empathy, everything is the same.

Shaw for lying? unless of course it's about that micro-stage (half a second) at the beginning of Ravenholm. We look out the window and Gee washes away. There are no soundtracks there, well ...
There is suspense on the map. The town card ghoul, it's out there somewhere.

S
Shifroval 20.12.20

So in that video the author just put it. Sometimes. The main thing is that it is now known for sure that this was not the case and only we own this knowledge!

D
Dragon27 20.12.20

On the way it is called - Sand Traps.