3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
ss7877 28.10.19 03:21 am

Rewrite the localization of Fallout 4 (Fallout 4)

Actually, the subject
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18430/

Author's corrections in Russian localization, designed to eliminate the most annoying for me personally moments. Absolute truth is not claimed, but it is possible for someone to game with them becomes more enjoyable.

Right as the game, so don't blame me for frequent updates.

P. S. the List of changes it is better to read from the bottom up - from version 1.00 to the current :)
50 Comments
Sort by:
n
nestrbob 28.10.19

It's like that reading the newspaper to do it edit - read and forgotten. Fallout 4 life going to play?

s
ss7877 28.10.19

nestrbob

To each his own. I usually play first in English and then, if the game still have interest in Russian version. Curious to see how that translated when already familiar with the original.

And if quite convenient localization to rule, then I find it interesting to do the edits to eliminate annoying me moments.

n
nestrbob 28.10.19

dworg
From the point of view of editing, Yes, I admit - it's interesting, but in General Monkey business.

Z
Zolotko555 28.10.19

And I liked it!adequate translation! I falaut gonna play until Stalker will not be released or metro)))) enough of no mods and then I'm going with the mod so be sure to retain a reference to this translation!

K
Kot Markiz 28.10.19

Золотко555
Totally agree!

s
ss7877 28.10.19

Updated to version v 1.12 d
- Hazmat Suit is translated as a hazmat Suit (was Safety kit)
- Added missing space in the phrase treatises in one of the terminals
- All helmets of DLC Automatron got the name Helmet, as adjectives, with modifications for them feminine
For a single style names all the parts of Robot armor start with the word Robobone. The result:
-- Robopon for the body instead of Armor for the torso of the robot
-- Robobone on the right/left hand/foot instead of Right hand/left hand/leg robot

s
ss7877 28.10.19

Updated to version v 1.13
- The name of the Expert robotics engineer replaced option 1C Expert on robotics to the text did not get out abroad
- Antique Globe translated as Old globe (was an Ancient globe) . Option Antique globe" has disappeared, as for the main character of pre-war globe Antiques is not
- Ratty Skirt translated as the Old skirt (was Bad skirt)
- Conducted edits characterizing weapons of adjectives (in brackets give the option of 1C):

- Stalker's - the Stalker (Pathfinder's)
- Marksman's - Fine (Small)
- Ghoul Slayer's - Golubinyi (anti-Radiation)
- Mutan Slayer's - Mutably (Methanomicrobiales)
- Poisoner's - Poison (Voodoo)
- Troubleshooter's - Anticonflict (Repair)
- Vented - Ventilated (With Windows)
- Finned - Stabilized (Reinforced)
- Calibrated Powerful - Powerful Calibrated (Calibrated amplified)
- Violent - Violent (Aggressive)
- Enhanced VATS - VATS-modified (VATS-compatible)
- Cavalier's Cavalry (cavalier)
- Enraging - Roshanali (Fierce). Option Violent left for Furious
- Plasma Infused - Plasmacytic (Rich plasma)
- Irradiated - Irradiation (Irradiated)
- In the properties of the format Improved targeting the first letter of the second word is also made caps - Improved targeting

P
Pavel Chikalov 28.10.19

well, thank you, author! it hurts the eyes cut translation! the feeling that the Indians translators used the prompt ) although sometimes pleasing ) lead riser - masterpiece ))

s
ss7877 28.10.19

Paul Out

Please.

The boner they are forced, as all weapons adjectives describing masculine. However, it is unclear why yourself about pipe is not thought of. Perhaps specially made as a Easter Egg from the localizers.

It is still possible to stumble across a walking stick with the name crutch for the same reason.

s
ss7877 28.10.19

Updated to version 1.14 b v
The Gunslinger perk is translated as Cowboy (was Duelist in the title and Wins in the description)
- Perk Armorer translated as the Vest (was Weaponsmith)
- The weapon Troubleshooter's with additional damage to robots translated as Monterskaya (was Repair)
Component crafting Crystal is translated as Crystal (was Crystal)
- Empty bottles of beer Gwinnet received the unequivocal translation of Bottle Gwinnet stout, etc. (was beer Gwinnet stout, etc.)

P
Protocol10 28.10.19

dworg
Thank you for your trouble. Live in this game.

s
ss7877 28.10.19

Protocol10
Please.

By the way, after checking the translation of the name Gunners in all official translations of Fallout 4 came to the final conclusion that the option Arrow does not reflect the intent of the developers.

So get ready for the appearance of the game factions the Gunners c units format Gunnery-Lieutenant, etc.:)

s
ss7877 28.10.19

And here's the new version.
Just to clarify that in the German and Italian localization Gunners transfer did not, leaving the term as is.
In French and Spanish Gunners were transferred as gunners.
I'm Japanese and Chinese - how the gunners.
Well, only poles and we scored, going his way and entering the gunmen along with a wild confusion when they talked about the different kinds of arrows from the weapon, not the members of the faction Gunners. These changes correct the situation.

v 1.15 b
After careful consideration of the origin of the name of the faction Gunners in the English version and the translation of the name in the official localizations, I came to the unequivocal conclusion that the option of Gunners - Arrow is incorrect and does not reflect the intent of the developers. In this regard, we meet the fraction Arsenal. Now, if you see the text shooter, you can be sure that we are talking about accurate shooters, wage shooters, bad shooters, and other occurrences of words Gunslinger, Marksman, Gun, Shooter, etc. the representatives of the faction Gunners - always gunners:
- Gunners - The Gunners
- Gunner - Gunner
- Commander - commander (and was commander of the commander)
- Gunner-the rookie (the Shooter was a rookie)
- Gunner-airman (was the Shooter-ordinary)
- Gunnery Sergeant (Gunner was Sergeant)
- Gunner-corporal (was Gunner-corporal)
- Gunnery-Lieutenant (was a Gunner-Lieutenant)
- Gunner-commander (Gunner was the commander and captain)
- Gunnery-captain (was the Shooter-captain)
- Gunner major (was the Shooter-major)
- Gunnery-Colonel (was the Shooter-Colonel)
- Gunner-General (was the Shooter-General)

s
ss7877 28.10.19

The question has become irrelevant. The new version below.

s
ss7877 28.10.19

v 1.16
Arrived editing inconsistencies of translation Mirelurk/Nukalurk as bog/Cores-crab. Just note that you encountered in the game change And then gets the big marine animals - bog! clearly show the mistake of the translators. The literal translation of the Mirelurk will be something like Hiding in the dirt (Dirt - one of variants of translation of the Mire). But the format of the names of the original and the localization of this title does not match.
Options for format Grasscrete or Greasepit sound too weird. So I turned to the official Laura Fallout from Bethesda, where it is explicitly stated that the family Mirelurk is different mutated crabs. Against this background, in the head immediately comes the link Greasetrap/Aderka, but here we Skyrim emotionally interfere with your Greasetrap (Mudcrab). So I decided to move away from a literal translation of the title in favor of a 100% correct content.

Meet a bunch of Mirelurk/Nukalurk in the form of Metacrap/Aderra. I think the principle of get the name Metacrap of the crab-mutant's all clear :
- Mirelurk - Mutallab (was bog)
- Softshell Mirelurk - the soft shell Mutallab (bog, soft shell)
- Mirelurk King Mutara-king (King Bolotnikov)
- Mirelurk Queen - Mutallab-the Queen (Uterus Bolotnikov)
- Albino Mirelurk Hunter - Mutallab albino (White bog-hunter)
- Mirelurk King Deep - Deep Mutallab-king (Deep king Bolotnikov)
- Mirelurk Killclaw Mutallab-smartlap (bog-smartlap)
- Mirelurk Razorclaw - Mutallab-astrolab (Astrolabii bog)
- All Cores-crabs steel Adorkable to exclude designs with multiple hyphens (Cores-crab-hunter)
- Dialogues and names of items/abilities is also provided in accordance with the writing Atakra/Aderra

s
ss7877 28.10.19

v 1.17
Another portion of fixes of the names of the monsters. Now we are talking about mobs family Deathclaw/Gatorclaw. I think the official translation of the format the Claw of death/Krokodilchiki quite clearly indicates the lack of consistency and a single style. The name the Claw of death that sounds great for any artifact, but distracting from the overall style of the names of the monsters in the original, and localization. So we meet a bunch of Smartchat/ Crococot, which allows to eliminate the absurdity of translated format Albino Deathclaw/Gatorclaw - White claw of death / Krokodilchiki albino . At the same time fixed a couple of bugs when the Deathclaw was translated as Agesmart and the Claw.

The most striking differences are as follows (in brackets the option 1C):
- Deathclaw - Smartchat (Claw of death)
- Deathclaw Savage - savage smartcoat (Wild death claw)
- Albino Deathclaw - Smartcoat albino (White death claw)
- Deathclaw Matriarch - Smartcoat-matriarch (Queen of the jaws of death)
- Gatorclaw Crococot (Crocodylomorph)

Other edits:
- Radstag Radolini (Happy deer)
- Albino Radstag - Redolent albino (White rad-deer)
- .50 cal -> Cartridge caliber .50
- Fixed the entry in the terminal Forged Allowed enemies to escape -> Let ...
- Removed the confusion with full and empty butter dishes and cans of oil. Now there is a oiler, a canister from the oil canister from under industrial oil, aluminium oiler and oiler empty. And don't be surprised that oiler gives the analysis of oil and aluminum, and aluminum oiler - oil and steel. This is a mistake of the original game

s
ss7877 28.10.19

v 1.18
Edit category world on a string (usually in brackets a variant of 1C):
- Albino Radscorpion - a Radscorpion albino (White radscorpion)
- Radscorpion Stalker - Radscorpion-Stalker (the Radscorpion-Stalker)
- Radscorpion Deathskull - the Radscorpion-smartcare (a Radscorpion-death adder)
- Removed the confusion of styles in the titles of ammunition. Now all the original .308 cartridge (whether the Cartridge is a .308, 10 mm cartridge and .50 Cal.)
- Nuka-Cola is now written as the Nuka-Cola or the Nuka-Cola (remove the option Nuka-Cola)
- Nuka Quantum Grenade - Nuka-quantum grenade (Grenade with Quantum Nuka-Cola)
- Cavalier's armor - Cavalry armor (Knight armor)
- Mutated fern korretno translated as a Mutated fern (was Fern-mutant). At the same time this eliminated the discrepancies when the inventory fern-mutant, and in the dialogues found a mutated fern.
- Armor Spiked dog Muzzle is called the Muzzle with spikes (Was Nadolnik with spikes)
Description Unlimited ammo capacity - Unlimited magazine capacity (was Infinite ammo)

Also fits to my name of the different ... - Cola ammo in the DLC Nuka World. The format is as follows:
- Full name Nuka-Cherry Ammo - Cores-cherry ammunition
- The abbreviated name of Nuka-Cherry Ammo - Cores-cherry PD
- The full name of Weaponized Nuka-Cherry Ammo - Curb munition Cores-cherry

C
CEMENTATOR 28.10.19

dworg
Where horsemen in this game? Smartcare? Stalker? For example, the white better than the albino, and those options, too. Shooters to remove a normal variant. And so much for a literal translation is not worth chasing, although this master's work.

s
ss7877 28.10.19

After books, movies and games Stalker a strange way to translate the feature of the Stalker's on the gun like Small and of monsters Stalker as hunters, as hunting. Personally, I prefer names that help understand the original source.
- Once there, the Minutemen and we find a place for cavalry. Give cavalry on happy-reindeer :)
And what about the knights, I highly doubt it. However, taking into account the reduction of damage in the block, and acceleration will think over the translation of the Cavalier's like Knight. Although Knight rifle it will sound funny.
- The polar bear and the bear is an albino, it is a very different bears :)
- Deathskull in Russian Zoology is usually translated as Dead head, but the style of localization is not consistent. Smartcare on the background of alocril and the Necromongers are no worse, and the practice of this name is already there :)
http://ru.warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Смерточерепа

Well, new changes

v 1.20
Finish work to return to the world of game animals-albino. To do this, run the names of the monsters families Yao Guai, Angler, Wolf and Hermit Crab. Along the way, write together name Aogi (was Yao Gai), which will create a normal design view Aogai-Gul (was Yao-Hai-Gul). According to Wikipedia, the spelling of the term Yao Guai as Yaoguai is grammatically correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoguai

The most notable changes (in brackets the option 1C):
- Yao Guai - Aogai (Yao-Gai)
- Albino Yao Guai - Aogai albino (White Yao Gai)
- Yao Guai Ghoul - Aogi-Gul (Yao-Hai-Gul)
- Irradiated Yao Guai - aogai Irradiated (Irradiated nuclear weapons-guy)
- Legendary Yao Guai Irradiated - irradiated aogi Legendary (Legendary radioactive Yao-Gai)
- Albino Angler - an Angler-albino (White monk)
- Legendary Lantern Angler, the Legendary lamppost angler (monkfish Legendary)
- Mutant Wolf - Wolf-mutant
- Mutated Wolf - Mutant wolf (Wolf mutant)
- White Wolf - White wolf
- Albino Wolf - Wolf-albino (White wolf)
- Alpha Wolf - the alpha wolf (the Wolf leader)
Savage Hermit Crab is a Fierce crab-a hermit (Wild a hermit crab)
- Hermit Crab Hatchling - Hatchling crab-hermit (Small crab-hermit)
- Albino Hermit Crab - a hermit Crab albino (White a hermit crab)
Giant Albino Hermit Crab - a Giant crab-the hermit albino (Giant white crab-hermit)

v 1.19
Fixed confusion with the translation of geographical names and encryption Trinity in the game. 1C decided to transfer Trinity Church as"Church of the Trinity, but did not change the principle of the transcription of names for the Trinity Tower (Trinity tower), completely abandoning the mark on the map of Trinity Plaza variant Trinity Church. The encryption system Trinity again translated as Trinity.
I decided to remove the confusion, returning everywhere to option Trinity except for Church. After all, a famous architectural monument. So:
- Trinity Church remains as Trinity Church
- A mark on the map of Trinity Plaza the Trinity Plaza (on the analogy of Monsignor Plaza and SGN-Plaza)
Encryption system Trinity - encryption system Trinity (encryption system Trinity)

Along the way, returned in the localization adapted the name of The Plaza:
- Plaza Gunners - Gunner-Plaza (was the Building of the Gunners)
- Gunners Plaza Basement - Basement Gunner-Plaza (was the basement of the building of the Gunners)

C
CEMENTATOR 28.10.19

dworg

In short gag as always, I see. Good luck. Do your pedantry on, I thought improved some, but it won both.
Spoiler