3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Durandalle 22.12.20 04:49 pm

Seeking 30 Frames (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)

I was afraid that the game would not pull at all in any way, nevertheless, my video does not fall under the minimum, but the game, nevertheless, pulls, and even better than expected. But more or less 60 frames are produced only at 1280x720, and the screen is 1920x1080. Better a little more storyboard than soap. So I started looking for an opportunity to lock the game at 30 frames. In the game itself, there are only options 60 and 75. Why was it difficult to do 30? Is it on the consoles? .. Well, okay.
I never found the settings files in the usual places. There is a folder in the documents, but it contains only a file with logs. In the folder of the game itself, I also did not find the configuration file.
So the question is: Is it possible to limit the game to 30 fps and how to do it?
16 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cryptor 22.12.20

Durandalle
In the sense that the FPS does not rise above 30? If so, then easy! For example MSI Afterburner through its overlay allows you to make any FPS limitation in the game. At least 5 frames. (For those who are ecstatic from the slideshow).

n
nominar 22.12.20

Durandalle
If the card is nvidia, control panel - 3d parameters control --- vertical sync pulse --- half refresh rate

D
Durandalle 22.12.20

Not that. The point is to reduce the number of processed frames per second by half, which reduces the load on the video card and allows you to get rid of any mouse delays. But what you advised just cuts the frames. There are, as it were, 60 of them, but it works permanently as if the game slows down to 30 frames, not reducing the load on the video card, but only simulating unnecessary brakes. As a result, the game works better without these settings. However, if you set the game itself to 30 frames, then there will be less brakes, although the frame change is more noticeable.

B
Bomber 22.12.20

Durandalle wrote:
But what you suggested just cuts the frames. There are, as it were, 60 of them, but it works permanently as if the game slows down to 30 frames, not reducing the load on the video card, but only simulating unnecessary brakes.
What? What are you under?

S
SeregaMazahaka 22.12.20

Durandalle
Again, if the video card is green, there is the invidia inspector program. There is a frame limiter. But the interface is not very friendly there. The essence of the program is that it is just a deeper version of the envidia control panel.

D
Durandalle 22.12.20

SeregaMazahaka
The effect is the same as that of the nVidia control panel. Feels like the game gives the video card 60 frames, it processes them all, but displays them on the monitor after one.
As a result, all options are inferior to the option "do not touch anything". Maybe, of course, it's about optimizing the game itself, but it's better, nevertheless, to find the settings file for the game itself and already there mock the FPS so that the game itself is adjusted for 30 frames, and not limited by the system.

B
Bomber 22.12.20

Durandalle
Durandalle wrote:
It feels like the game gives the video card 60 frames, it processes them all, but displays them on the monitor after one.
turn on the limitation of 30 frames,
turn on the monitoring of hardware,
see the load on the GPU almost halved,
understand that vidyakha gives 30 frames and not 60 with the limiter.
But this is, of course, provided that your video card can generally be 60 fps. If it is 99% loaded at 30 fps, then setting the limit will do nothing

D
Durandalle 22.12.20

Bomber
Frames becomes 30 at the limit. But the video load does not drop. When the limit is 60 and the frames at some moments fall to 25. And in this case it (the game) is played better than with the limit of 30 in general under any conditions.

By the way, I found where the settings were hidden and found out that changing the settings there affect the game, and even there is a 30-frame limiter there, but when the game starts, it is put on one of the available options in the launcher.

P
PCHalfFullHD 22.12.20

Durandalle
Durandalle wrote:
Frames become 30 when limited. But the video load does not drop.
Why doesn't it fall? O_o Who told you that?
When you set a limit of 30 FPS, the video card does not produce more than 30 FPS, therefore it does not overvolt. It is the video card that is limited.

B
Bomber 22.12.20

Durandalle
maybe your video card simply cannot produce more than 30 frames. What is limited, what is not?

C
Cryptor 22.12.20

Durandalle
You have already been answered. And I will say again, in MSI Afterburner, the limiter is not just a frame cut, but if you set less fps, then the load on the video will be less. For example, your vidyah gives out 60 fps when loading 99%, if you put 30 fps then loading vidyahi will be around 50%, respectively. And how does the built-in FPS limiter work which, xs!

D
Durandalle 22.12.20

Anglerfish Chart.
Cryptor I did not find such a function in it.

P
PCHalfFullHD 22.12.20

Durandalle
What's the schedule? What's the schedule? What's the schedule?
Can your game give + 60 FPS or not?

Cryptor
Cryptor wrote:
And how does the built-in FPS limiter work which, xs!
All limiters (that vsync is partly needed for this, that the internal one in the game, if any) is made just so that the video card does not overheat once again. So everything probably works)

B
Bomber 22.12.20

By the way, there is an option that you and the processor do not export the game, although you wrote in the first post that it seems like sometimes it is 60 fps.

D
Durandalle 22.12.20

Bomber
Not sometimes 60. Quite often. But it swims very much within wide limits. But I partially solved the problem. Since I downloaded the afterburner, I carefully overclocked the graphics card. The performance gain is only 10%, but the game immediately started to work better.
At the expense of the processor - yes, perhaps there is a problem. But the game doesn't eat everything. This "system and compressed memory" eats away what is free. Little room is left for small increases in process requirements. Perhaps from this frieze, or from the RAM, although its 8 GB should be enough.

B
Bomber 22.12.20

Durandalle
well, usually in games, the load on the processor is stable and does not float within such limits as on a video card, which means that it is most likely