3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20 12:56 am

Eats out RAM to capacity (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Someone met with such a problem that would eat away the RAM to the eyeballs, 8 GB of operas, constantly eats to capacity in Witcher 3, video memory did not eat more than 1850 MB, the swap file just eats into the trash, he automatically put 12 gigs, it was jammed with opera and the swap file is almost 20 gigs, what the fuck?
patch 1.21.
when the game was played from the beginning, everything was fine until it was updated to Blood and Wine, in this patch it didn't really start to eat the RAM, from a friend on the face, despite the fact that he bought another 8 GB, in total he had 16 GB, the game ate 14 gigs, is it in the patch?
34 Comments
Sort by:
T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
I have a current disk with firewood for a seven and a whist, bummer

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
I thought on the top ten automatically puts everything ...

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
No automatic no. Now, if you have
ASRock 970 Extreme 4
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=All

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83 oops
, really there is a lan firewood under ten, when I checked the last time, when updating the BIOS, I did not see

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
But can a game be so gluttonous, due to the fact that I went through the whole game on a very old patch, almost the very first, and then downloaded another version with hearts of stone and blood and wine and threw the save and continued playing, because before this update 1.21 there was no such gluttonous witcher, because a friend is going through anew right now, at the beginning of the game in that very part of the game without DLC it doesn't eat so much ...

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
Not exactly no, saves affect the passage of quests no more! It's just that the game has become more demanding since patch 1.10, and in patch 1.21, the amount of RAM has become even more, although the FPS in Bokler is more than in Novigrad. That is, I passed the game on patch 1.04 there everything flew at 6 gig of RAM, now they improved the graphics and went crazy. That is, the opera goes on when switching from velen to tusent and back ... try it, that is, the game does not unload previously loaded locations. I left Velen 6gig in Bockler for 7 gig and the opera should be free at least a little bit, in short, it's the crooked hands of RAM developers do not unload the engine at all (((

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
and most importantly, only a few complain about it, that is, we, the rest are doing fine and they are happy? I don't understand why they shouldn't be told then that the system requirements have changed omg ...

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
The theme in English is on the incentive, the FPS dropped in Blood and Wine by 15fps, so the requirements have definitely changed.
It can also be easier for people with ssd there to load locations.

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
lol, but the fact that it does not unload the location from the operative is this norm? Ssd here will not help with unloading trash from the opera and many say that they do not want to use the swap file for ssd, allegedly spoiling ssd are you: D

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
I suspect the game has gluttonous textures. and yes high = ultra, the same textures on geforce watched a comparison of all settings, textures do not differ from ultra high at all, perhaps high ones consume so much that there is not enough video memory and all this memory is eaten out of the opera, though I don't know if this is possible, that would have survived too much) but this is the only guess, although not even full low settings, the video memory in Toussaint is crammed with 1.5 giga PPC

L
Leonn_24 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3 The
last two points of textures differ only in anisotropic filtering, high = 8x, ultra = 16x anisotropy
in the 2nd part, there is no anisotropic filtering at all, only trilinear
for the 3rd Witcher, you can separately set the level of anisotropy you want in the config files
and in Tussent there is a different algorithm Drawings and engine operation than in the original, the developers themselves talked about this, about the optimization of the white garden and the skelige, in my opinion, the most optimized cards
, I generally have such nonsense on a horse -5fps, it started to rain another -5fps, and if you play with 30 frames then sadness, trouble!

G
GalaXXXy 23.12.20

I play with 4 gigs of RAM, naturally EATS everything :))

D
Denis Kyokushin 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
At what frequencies does your RAM work? I suspect that it clogs at low. I have DDRII 880MHz, and also 8GB, but not immediately to the eyeballs. If I constantly run to the blacksmith in Novigrad, then in 40 minutes. Novigrad loads RAM well. Velen and Skeleg have enough 6 hours

S
Sancez22 23.12.20

Found a solution? I have the same bullshit