3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TeMNick 23.12.20 01:01 am

Tell me a good SSD for a laptop!

I want to change the disgusting factory hard drive of the laptop to a solid state device (Windows take a long time to load, access to files is just awfully slow, plus the constant use of hidden services of the tenth Windows wildly load the hard drive).

I have two options:

1) put SSD 2.5 "instead of HDD
2) leave HDD for files, and put an additional SSD M.2, though I don’t know what form factor there is (the DNS site filter says that there are 2242, 2260, 2280)

Here I wanted to ask which one is better to take and what are the general sensations from ssd on a laptop?)
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
Malice 23.12.20

Intel is the most stable and long-lasting, but they also hit the pocket.
The system boots for 2 seconds
Fast access to files
Better throw out the drive, buy an adapter and ssd there

r
rambling 23.12.20

Please write the specification of the shit. Because these are usually such buckets that no SSD will save them.

T
TeMNick 23.12.20

Malice
there is no disk drive)
can you name the exact model? or at least a line of
rambling
Asus k501ux
Spoilerhttp: //www.dns-shop.ru/product/798c424c880f3361/156-noutbuk-asus-k501ux-seryj/

T
TeMNick 23.12.20

Chelseafc777 he
did not give up to me as a game one, I have a good hospital for games. for study, I need more or less adequate, because I use 3dmaks, visual studio, photoshop, etc.

K
Kahran ramsus 23.12.20

TeMNick
Well, as usual, there is an increase from the screw ssd, you put the system and it loads for 30 seconds and is ready to work. "For study" in principle, nafig did not fall to bother with ssd. There, the gain is really noticeable only from working with data arrays or a bunch of files.
You have an ultrabook type, you need to spin up, the guarantee will fly off. The M2 port is not a fact that it is, smoke the specifications, and shoving a fat ssd for 200+ GB will cost a pretty penny, but there will be no sense in Photoshop or visual.

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

I saw something like the work of a laptop with ssd without ndd - everything works pretty smoothly,
but in order to get such performance, it means you need to put Windows there. because a number of programs will write to where the user and Windows are. this entails the reliability and volume of SDD, and ultimately the price,
and so most of the problems of the pekabuk are from the slow hardtz.
m.2 I can’t say anything for sure because I don’t know if it is possible to put wasps there. on the idea that it should be possible.
but it is worth noting that the laptop is quite weak with a small amount of RAM

R
RAZIEL_ 23.12.20

TeMNick The
feeling of installing an SSD is the most positive, how everything slows down when Windows, programs and games are installed on one slow laptop HDD, this is especially noticeable after installing an SSD, because everything starts to fly. I installed a terabyte HDD instead of a sidirom since there is SATA 2, and in the main place where SATA 3 was installed SSD Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5 "SATAIII MLC, for two years of daily use, while the flight is normal.
SSDlife Pro reports that with my use another eight years work ahead)
By the way, do not take screws with TLC technology, these are cheap screws with a threefold reduction in the number of rewriting cycles.

f
falsh777 23.12.20

mSATA is there?