3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20 06:06 am

After changing the processor, FPS started to drop in games!

Hello everyone!
A couple of months ago I put a 6-core processor from intel 5820k into my computer and by the way overclocked it to 4.3. Under it the mother, DDR4 and in a bundle 980TI. Plus two hard drives, an SSD drive for a cooler and other necessary trifles. Prior to this, the i7 2600 was standing, and everything was fine with it, now, for example, The Witcher 3 at all ultraparameters starts sagging from 55 to 35, in follicle 4, also sagging, even in the DA the Inquisition began to sag at all maximum parameters, although when it was 2600 all of the above toys calmly at the very, most maximum without any gaps, 60 and point in any situation, after the change such gripes began. All these my pieces of iron are kept on a 600-watt PSU, the PC does not restart, it does not shut down, everything works. But I'm at a loss why, after changing to 6 cores, everything sank so. Maybe the power supply unit does not have enough power to open up or something else, this is the only thing I have my eyes on, although how can BP affect FPS? But suddenly I don't know something
76 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

wonders. maybe he was in vain dispersed. it is necessary to disperse back.
they say that if the iron is ingenious. video card for example. when there is a lack of energy, it begins to save it and drop it without increasing its frequencies. but in the inquisitor the load on the grafon is very weak. there should be nothing visible.

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch It is corny that the
bp sags. With your process, and even in overclocking + 980ti, the neref eat somewhere around 530 watts, and the power supply has a real power of somewhere around 540 watts. It will soon burn

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

MunchkiN 616
drove back to drain, no changes, turned off two cores, also no changes. I watched through MSI Afterburner and the frequencies that correspond to the production, 1000Mhz and in the boost 1189, but with the same vidyuha everything was fine, it was the percent I replaced. I just don’t know, if I’ll take a new power supply unit right now, but it’s no use, I don’t even know. It's just noticeable when the game drops by 15-20 frames

E
EX0800_ 23.12.20

Use AIDA64 Extreme and see the temperature and power consumption

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

Listoman
Well, nothing happened in two months, in the store the seller swore that 600 watts with my hardware would be enough with a small margin

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch
What bp is worth? The efficiency of a power supply unit is never 100%. From your 600W there are real at best 520W. At the factory frequencies, your processor has 140W, Vidyahi has 250W and the rest of the system is somewhere around 50W. Already to the eyeballs.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

EX0800_
Vidyuha reference by the way, its nominal temperature in heavy games is 80-82, initially it was. In general, I'll just leave a screen from Aida here, the Witcher 3 is currently running.

Listoman
aerocool strike-x 600
and 780TI stood on it

a
altery2 23.12.20

BP simply does not drag. And even under overclocking percent.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

altery2
Well, I removed the overclocking and no improvements happened

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch He has
about 82% efficiency. Somewhere 500W real on it. How many hard drives, fans, backlights, zvukovuh, etc. are in your computer? Poor bpshnik

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

Listoman
There are two hard drives, an SSD, a drive, 6 coolers on the case, 5 of them are backlit, plus a tower cooler with 2 fans, a card reader, well, there is also a Webka, mouse keyboard, headphones, and perhaps everything that is stuck in it

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch
Yes, your system is eating 540W, and you hung 600W bp on it. Run Aida's complete stress test. MB computer in reboot will go away or it will smell burnt. You would still stick the second 980ti

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

Listoman
Now I will run a stress test and put a hairy ball separately in pursuit in order to squeeze out of the vidyuhi as much as possible, in 15 minutes I will unsubscribe

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysh
Bagel treshak. He does not warm the vidyahu. Run it better in Aida, stress test everything without vidyahi and the witcher in 4k on ultras without verticals and fps restrictions. This is the load on the system. Ps carry a fire extinguisher

s
saa0891 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch

Into the power calculator, drive everything you have and see how much your system is eating, in theory, if the power supply is normal, 600 watts should be enough.
https://ru.msi.com/power-supply-calculator

A
Andrey Chervonenko 23.12.20

The question may be stupid, but I can't help but ask, did you reinstall Windows after changing the platform ????

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

Listoman I
drove it as you advised, no failures, the system still works stably, the percentage warmed up to 71 degrees

saa0891
Yes, I managed to calculate and everything seems to converge as it should
andrey chervonenko
You can be sure, 5 or 6 times)) By the way, it's worth 10 pro but before that it was 10pro

L
Listoman 23.12.20

saa0891
And where is it enough for him? 522W eats everything that is in his computer. This unit has 82% efficiency 492W at 100% load, it gives out.

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch
It's a pity, but I thought it would burn ((Oh yes, why would he pass out. After all, this bp is without protection) in vain tested

A
Andrey Chervonenko 23.12.20

I also have 980TI and I recently dabbled with overclocking and then noticed the following - if you overdo it with frequencies, then in some games a funny bug appears (for example, in DOOM), the card runs at a frequency of no more than 650 MHz (although the native frequencies are 1320 MHz) and so on until the PC is restarted .... can you have the same trouble ???