3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Praetorian 24.12.20 01:35 am

Family tree (Rome: Total War)

Does anyone know what criteria are used to select candidates for adoption?
A couple of times it happened that my captains were accepted as family members "for military merit." I wonder if it is possible to pump the captains so specially?

Bribed generals immediately join your clan, once such a traitor was adopted by the leader of the faction, who had no heirs, and this "adopted" soon became king!
An interesting system ...

Who else has some interesting family tricks - write here.

176 Comments
Sort by:
s
slonick 24.12.20

Since I began to use diplomacy to the maximum, the problems with family members have been resolved by themselves - by bribing enemy and orphan heroes, the irony is that only young first-men are bought :))) I play Carthage, so I recently bought two Spanish kids at a time, even Roman boys only run across the road.
As for the problem with money, it turns out to be even easier, it turns out ALL nations are ready to pay just the same insane money for your card, and you can sell it more than once.
The key to financial well-being is fewer armies, more diplomats, ANY enemy army without a general or a young hero is bribed only on the way.
The result is 245 BC + my capital grew from 5,000 to 300,000 denarii, but the world has not even seen my tank-like elephants :))))

S
Spirit 24.12.20

Install patch 1.2 and sell the card if you can.

D
Dims 24.12.20

Yes exactly. As well as purchases of adversary generals with armies. And the elephants are unlikely to seem tank-like ...
And as for the generals, it's interesting, that's just not applicable to all nations. I played here for the last time a month ago for Numidia, their generals are a little reinforced Numidian cavalry.
It would be nice if ideas like those expressed by BJS were implemented in the upcoming EB. And we would also have statistics on the "decency" of nations, otherwise the Mona will conclude peace a couple of moves after a dastardly attack along the entire front. And I would also finish the tactical map for the subject of encircling the city walls with ditches with water, we would have interactive digs (in the sense where I want to do it there) ...
Okay, dreamed, and that's enough, that's not the topic. Let's see what they show us in October, damn it.

-
-Gor- 24.12.20

2 BJS

,, I would like to see a single family tree for the nations of the whole world. No more, no less. .... .... Up to the point that states can unite under a common leadership, if the leader becomes a family, where the spouses of different nations. ,,,

all this is implemented in the Crusaders game .... but to be honest, this game is rather boring ... the developers most likely knew about such possibilities, but did not specifically include them in the game ...
On the Crusaders forum, absolutely hilarious and wonderful research on genetics (the game opens up a wide field for this activity) and the cultivation of a super-mega warrior-rulers ... so whoever wants to delve into all this business can participate there ... =))))
but my personal opinion is not to insert livestock breeding into TW (namely, this idea with a global family tree will pour out) is not worth it ...... =)))

B
Bjs 24.12.20

2 Gor

Unfortunately, I have not yet managed to get to the Crusaders. I will definitely play.
"Livestock breeding" - cool! :))) But I had something else in mind.
The personal qualities of the parents may not affect the children if it turns out SO boring.

But, you must admit, the chaos that we have in RTW with a family tree has turned an excellent idea in itself into absolute nonsense. What is the point of having 40 family members when only 3-4 of them are suitable for the governorship, and the rest only worsen by their presence the Public Order and income? Why do I need so many builders of forts and towers ?! Well, at best, generals, of whom hardly half are smart. But at the same time, each of them has character traits, a retinue appears regularly, they marry, give birth, die. And why all this? It seems that the developers made a good resource and forgot to use it.

B
Bjs 24.12.20

I noticed an interesting detail in the family tree. The children of some parents, even before adulthood, reflect abilities in one of the directions of development.
So, in the RTR 5.4.1 mod, one of the generals already had two sons under the name of a star. Although one was 8, and the other was generally 3 years old. Now the 8-year-old has grown up, and he really had a star right away.
In the previous game, also for the Romans, but in the RTR 3.2 mod, one of the teenagers from 10 years old had a control scroll. And he really celebrated his 18th birthday with this scroll. The truth then went crazy. :(

Question. Is this a random number generator? Or is there still an element of inheritance from the parent? By the way, the father of two star-shaped kids is a so-so general (2 stars), but has the Spartan trait.

D
Dart-Vader 24.12.20

And who knows how to make your tough commander immortal?

A
Antonio 24.12.20

What for? This is not a fantastic, but a historical strategy. And in life everyone is mortal.
Or maybe the whole army to make immortal?
Is it interesting to play like that?

A
Antonio 24.12.20

About the crazy general in Rome: Total War The
young general (22 years old) is crazy! All of a sudden, the following inscription appeared in his Properties: Crazy (-2 command, -2 control, -1 influence)
Before that, the properties indicated that he was
Strange (-1 command, -1 control, +1 influence)
And then this inscription disappeared, and instead of it - the madman. Like a sentence.
What to do with this idiot now? You can't make him a governor.
Only to fight, but even then, after the capture of another city, albeit for a short time, but he becomes the governor. And on you - no control, no influence.
Okay, command stars can be recruited, but the rest? The rest is a problem.
And how good everything was - it had such good properties:
- A born commander (+3 command)
- Excellent commander (+4 command)
- Legendary hero (+2 morale for troops)
- Great conqueror
- Great speaker (+2 influence), etc.
The total was: +7 command, +1 control, +3 influence.
It seems to me that the comp. thus trying to stop the increase in the positive properties of this young general. Precisely young. Because if he already has 7 stars at the age of 22, then how many will he gain before old age? Here is the comp. and cut him off.
BJS already wrote about this case. Write if there was something like that. How old was your general and how many stars did he have at that time?

R
Ramses 24.12.20

Frankly, I don't remember how old the generals were, but when the Romans played the original version, there were such cases. First, General Bloodthirsty (+ 1 command, +1 morale for all units on the battlefield) seems to be good. Then the dude will get sick a little, he will start biting everyone in a row, which allows him command, morality and control. And at the end a squirrel comes to him and he is generally unable to do anything. Command, influence and control are allowed to 2. It happened to me with those commanders whom I mainly fight. I think that this is because I fight a lot with a general, after a battle of 200-300 people I was beaten by a general. And I'm sorry for the dude - he has experienced bodyguards, and he himself is a commander anywhere, but here he is! - and tears off the roof :))

A
Antonio 24.12.20

About the crazy general in Rome: Total War (continued).

According to my observations, the Bloodthirsty property (+ 1 command, +1 morale for all units on the battlefield) appears if you continue the battle until the enemy is completely destroyed. Then it is more often announced that a Heroic victory has been won and the general is awarded with another star or retinue.
Sometimes this property develops into another: Bloody (-1 command, -3 morale for all units on the battlefield).
And I will probably give the mad general under the wing of the faction leader, he has more stars, and in the event of the capture of the city, the faction leader will be the governor. Or you can load the period when the general was not crazy and end the turn differently. Comp. will give him other qualities, most likely also bad, for example, Does not like the village (-2 from agricultural production).

A
Antonio 24.12.20

The Man of the Hour increases the Family and the number of your generals.

If you need to increase the number of your generals, then conduct the battle not as a general, but as a captain, and win a "Heroic Victory". After that, you will be offered a Man of the Hour (CH), if you answer with consent, you will have a new general.
Several nuances:
1. There may be such a situation when you won, and the comp. will not give you the Man of the hour. This may be for a banal reason: there is no one to be adoptive parents, i.e. some of your generals already have 4 children (and according to the conditions of the game, they cannot have more), while others are simply not married. And only married couples can be adoptive parents. So, go to weddings, make several different endings of the same move, and get several different results of the move, choose the best option - in this case, a wedding or even several weddings of your bachelors.
PS After almost a year of playing Rome total war "for the first time", SOMETHING happened in my Family Tree. A bachelor became the adoptive parent !!! So anything is possible :)

2. In order for the battle to be recognized by the "Heroic" computer, it is necessary that at the end of the battle all your troops are on a fast march (moving at a run). Yes, that's so stupid, the last enemy squad left the battlefield, and your troops need to start and / or continue to run - already in any direction. Even if these are archers who stood and did not take part in the pursuit of the enemy. If the battle was in the city, at the end of the battle, part of the troops must rush through the empty square, the other part through the streets.
PS Most likely it is necessary that at the end of the battle your troops were "very tired" or "exhausted" from fatigue.

3. It is desirable that at the start of the battle, the computer's assessment of the strength of your troops participating in the battle is lower than that of the enemy. For example, 3: 5 in favor of the enemy troops.
Although "Heroic Victory" can be won even with your quantitative (or qualitative) superiority. To do this, you need to destroy every single enemy without losing a single person.

4. Sometimes you will win a Heroic Victory by the captain and at the beginning of the battle the enemy army was assessed by the computer as stronger and at the end of the battle all the troops fall from their feet from fatigue, and the PC. does not issue. What else to do?
Try to withdraw all your troops from the nearby city (s) before starting the battle. Take them out not far away, so that after the battle and receiving the CC, they can be returned back to these cities.

5. The youngest age for both HCH and KU (Adoption Candidate) is 20 years old, pay attention to the age of the commanders of the newly created units. In 2 turns, the commander will be 21 years old, etc. Therefore, conduct your victorious battles with such young commanders. After all, a 20-year-old CC is better than a 40-year-old.

Post was updated on March 18, 2006 at 14:07

A
Antonio 24.12.20

The number of stars the Man of the Hour has in Rome: Total War.

6. Usually a Man has only two command stars and that's it. Is it possible to increase the number of stars and control abilities of the CC, as well as the influence? Can. During the game, there are actions for which the comp. periodically rewards characters with an increase in retinue, another rank, etc., as well as actions for which he does not give awards, but which are perceived by him positively.
Actions for which characters can receive "awards": for generals and admirals - won battles, for governors - construction in cities, for agents (diplomats, spies, assassins) - completed tasks, for example, for a diplomat - bribing an enemy army or concluding a trade agreement. As you know, for these actions, the comp. awards, but very rarely (except for giving stars to generals).
Actions for which the comp. does not give awards, but which are perceived positively by him: for generals - the construction of watchtowers, the siege of enemy cities, for agents - an overview of new territories, for admirals - victory at sea (because in Rome: total war v. 1.0 and in v.1.1, admirals do not receive stars for victory at sea).
But the positively evaluated actions (from both groups) of all your comp. remembers, even if he did not reward. For example, you won 3 battles at sea - comp. will not give stars, but will remember (+3). Or your agent completed the task, but they did not add a retinue for this and did not increase the character's properties (+1). In total, they got 4 unrealized points. Plus 2 stars, which are comp. usually gives HH. A total of 6 award points.
Man of the hourNow lead the battle as a captain, win a "Heroic Victory", after that you will be offered the Man of the Hour with improved characteristics, for example, command 5 stars, control 1 scroll or command 4 stars, influence 2 wreaths. Those. comp. realized all 6 reward points. It is worth saying that both the CC and the Adoption Candidate cannot receive more than 5 stars on command.
Another nuance: if after the battles at sea and your agent's fulfillment of the task you made a save, and then loaded from there, and after that won the “Heroic Victory”, comp. will forget about previous achievements and give out 2 stars. Those. if you didn’t succeed right away to win, and you need a CC with increased characteristics, start everything from the very beginning, with naval battles.
In the picture: the computer offered to me by the Man of the hour with enhanced characteristics.

b
b-rome 24.12.20

It's been a long time since I laughed like that, right up to tears (especially at the beginning). I laughed at how hard it is to OBTAIN an excellent student in combat and political training.
And the general went mad because he fought only with him (Afghan syndrome).

S
Sportsman 24.12.20

The generals do not become crazy because of the battles: and the administrators in the remote province began to bite ...

b
b-rome 24.12.20

Conduct an examination: participate and win in battles only with your Favorite General (stars will grow first, the morale of the troops on the battlefield [bloodthirsty], the skills of bodyguards. Then it will be "bloody"). After a while he will become strange, then crazy.
I wage the war with those Generals who are, I educate them on the battlefield as best I can, I make them visit libraries, I teach at the Academies. So far, they are coping with their official duties. There are also disadvantages: drunkenness, debauchery, etc. Such a hot spot - I recognize only blood redemption. Some are getting better. That's how we live.

S
Sportsman 24.12.20

Tested and tested many times. My general is the most frequently used unit in the game (from crushing phalanxes to chasing fleeing ones). The last deceased was: from 16 years to death - in battles, experience - 2 gold stripes (to the question of the frequency of use), bloody (penalty to morality and command), but not crazy. Only one (if memory serves) combat general had problems with the brain in old age in my entire practice in Rome total war.
Now there are a couple of them in the cities, they have never been in battles, but they are "dangerous madmen". So, IMHO, it doesn't depend on using it in battle. Version - naked 1.2.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

How can I get a General with the Good Tax Collector property?
We will only talk about two properties: Bad / Good Farmer and Bad / Good Tax Collector.
1. Take a general without the "Bad / Good tax collector" property.
2. We plant it in a city where the population is small, and therefore can pay high taxes without riots.
3. We establish High or Very high taxes in this city.
4. After a few years (usually 3-4 turns) the general will receive a new property "Tax Collector", which is + 10% to the collected taxes.
If the general is kept in a city where low taxes will be established, then on turn 3 he will receive the "Bad tax collector" property, which is minus 10% to the collected taxes. If the general is left in this city and the situation is not changed, then this characteristic will worsen over time, and it will already be - minus 20% to the collected taxes.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

How can you get a General with the Good Farmer property?
Here is the same story as in the previous case. If during the first two turns in a new province your governor has not started the construction of an agricultural facility, then at the end of the third turn he will receive the title "Bad Farmer".
And if the governor pays attention to this issue, if agricultural facilities are built regularly in this province, he will eventually become a "Good Farmer".

A
Antonio 24.12.20

MPie asks: How to pump a general's influence?
And then not a single influential person in twenty years!