3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AndryukhaXV 25.12.20 08:24 am

What attracts you more to the media? (Medieval 2: Total War)

I decided to open the topic “What attracts you to the media?” Could it be a strategy and tactics, beautiful units or just the economy? I am attracted by this game, first of all, by its history, it is happening here before your eyes, you are able to change the known world. This is a legendary game that will live on for many years, and I want you to express your opinion on the best and most interesting in this game.
8 Comments
Sort by:
a
ak-13 25.12.20

I really like large-scale battles, a wide variety of units. The game has very good graphics and at the same time relatively low system requirements (on my old computer (AMD Sempron, 512 RAM ...) it started without problems at medium settings). Anyway, the Middle Ages itself attracts me.

A
AndryukhaXV 25.12.20

me too, but why I am more attracted to the Roman era

S
Sankey 25.12.20

To say "almost EVERYTHING" is to say nothing!
Graphics, strata and tactics, politics, playability in general, especially fascinates the combo of individual units of the box, which begin to perform miracles of bloodlust, finishing off the fallen enemy or killing him in several colorful blows! And this is not an action game, and not an RPG! but a strategy with a mass of people!
Sometimes it seems to me that they are alive and really angry, obseratsya, hold on with their last bit of strength ...
Minus - the price does not match the quality of the units. (in the main company) There are more expensive units but weaker than cheaper ones in all respects. because of which the game with AI takes on a monotonous look and after the 30-40th move it is no longer very interesting to PASS the campaign.

S
SVAEIG 25.12.20

Rome and Medial 2 I prefer. in large part due to the unpredictability of each vanilla campaign. There is no way to be sure in the next move, because everything can go to hell knows where. A promising heir can be burned by an inquisitor, a king with an army staffed by the best of the best can fall ill with a plague, a naval landing can be battered in a storm, the best diplomat can die in an earthquake or a volcanic eruption, the best assassin, to whom any Altair is not suitable even for a candle, can burn out when killing a dying merchant, near the unguarded capital you can see a huge army of the closest ally, the Pope can excommunicate, and Milan declare war. In subsequent games of the series, such force majeure does not exist, and overcoming them successfully and the feeling when, for example,

S
Sankey 25.12.20

thanks to this, you pass Rome and Medieval 2.

- yes yes! ))) and replay and replay))) completely agree.

S
SVAEIG 25.12.20

Another plus of Rome and Medival is that there are events that occur when many moves have passed, not even scripted ones. Even when the treasury is overflowing, the number of soldiers in armies around the world is counted in hundreds of thousands of swords, all the same, something out of the ordinary will happen, which is why interest is not lost. In the same Rome, a war with the Senate and other families, if you play for one of the families. And when you expand the boundaries, playing for another faction, you will still stumble upon a well-developed leader in one of the regions with which a full-scale exhausting war begins.
In honey, besides the invasions from the east and the discovery of America, there is a lot to do in the final stages. All the same, the war will begin at the moment when it is not ready for it, even huge empires may experience difficulties when there is no army in the region and it is urgently necessary to transfer troops, and even as on request, uprisings and epidemics begin. Yes, Milan alone is worth a lot))
Another well-developed addon Kingdom's, which absorbed all the best from honey ...
But in the same empire, he played for India, grabbed a piece of territory and could churn out armies, sending them to all ends light, even to America. Even the most advanced European countries could do nothing to oppose trained armies. He walked a huge skating rink across Europe, crushing rare pockets of resistance and got tired.
In the same Shogun 2. Huge fleets, each of which has a Black ship, huge armies of well-fed and well-equipped samurai ... He captured Kyoto, fought off other factions with a dozen moves, then went on the offensive. It's just a routine to take over settlements. There is no interest in playing like that, knowing that no one can do anything like that.

P
Podrik_Pein 25.12.20

Attracts in Medieval 2:
1. A kind of factions.
2. Various units (divided by classes). It is very fun to get to the most exceptional and unusual.
3. Possibility of dynastic alliances, dynasties in general. A rebellious commander can bribe you into your service, later get a place in the dynasty, go from Prince to King.
4. There is an economy with its own subtleties, several types of religion (Catholics, Orthodox, Muslims, heresy, paganism = heresy). The third force is the Pope.
5. Many agents (merchants, priests, murderers, spies, diplomats).
6. Many scenario (historical events) throughout the company. From the discovery of gunpowder to the discovery of America.

b
barbarian 25.12.20

I thought I still stayed current.
For me, the best part is also historical events like, especially the discovery of gunpowder. And I rivet armies of arquebusers, musketeers and cannons. I shoot back with guns from the Timurid elephants :)