3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
totktonada 26.12.20 01:47 am

Nightmare House (Half-Life 2)

Actually, the second part has already been released, to which I give the links below, but it contains the first part, which is, in fact, a prologue.

This mod has nothing to do with HL, much more from FEAR or They Hunged, in fact, it is a horror movie with elements of a quest and a meat grinder.

Trailer -

Download -
http://www.filefront.com/17228597/NH2-Setup.exe/
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/26174

For those who get too scared, Easter eggs are scattered throughout the game , for example

Screens:
http://nh2.wecreatestuff.com/images/gallery/nh2c40083.jpg
http://nh2.wecreatestuff.com/images/gallery/nh2c40089.jpg
http://nh2.wecreatestuff.com/images/ gallery / nh2c40063.jpg
http://nh2.wecreatestuff.com/images/gallery/nh2c40069.jpg
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17693
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act= attach & type = post & id = 17692
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17691
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17690
http://utforum.ru /index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17689
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17688
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17694
http://utforum.ru/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17695 I

am walking slowly. Like, but annoying Dumb Dead Girl from fear. I like FEAR, first, but outside of it this character seems superfluous.
41 Comments
Sort by:
ÑŠÑŠÑŠÑŠ 26.12.20

but annoying Dumb Dead Girl from fear.
She's not from the fair!
Emily and Alma are different people!
Here are the pictures for comparison:

Emily (NH2 and NH)
pix.PlayGround.ru
Alma Wade (FEAR)
pix.PlayGround.ru

x
xDDGx 26.12.20

She's not from the fair!
Emily and Alma are different people!
Here are pictures for comparison:
Well, the stump is different: - / But the fact that the idea grows from the FIR is obvious.

f
func_MYXOMOP 26.12.20

The only one I noticed that the name Emily was already stuck with all sorts of afterlife?

pix.PlayGround.ru

C
Combine 999 26.12.20

The only one I noticed that the name Emily was already stuck with all sorts of afterlife?

No, this is already becoming a stereotype.

A
Alert 26.12.20

Alma Wade (FEAR)
From the second firm actually ...

ÑŠÑŠÑŠÑŠ 26.12.20

Alert
writing a firm, I did not mean an alma from a certain part, but from a series of games.

x
xDDGx 26.12.20

Finally I cut out the slopok mode and passed the NH2 mod. The mod is really good, but still, I would not put it like Mod Inside, it is 94%, mb, somewhere around 85. Still, in many ways it is not ideal and there are a certain number of punctures and flaws. I am silent about obsessive tricks from FEAR, everyone knows about this and annoys many. But there are downsides, and besides this - firstly, the mod is linear to the point of disgrace. The fork at the very end, leading to two different endings, is not serious, and the ending with death should not have been done by the second end of the game, but by a dead end, leading to contemplation of the "download". At the same time, there were no players complaining about the stupid end. On the other hand, for the weakest players, this is even a plus when the doors close behind you by themselves, preventing you from going down the wrong path. But I would like a little more freedom, some premises, where you can rummage around and tickle your nerves ... And what's the point in such "pity" and sympathy for casuals, it's better to let them get used to and learn, because most mods do not profess such an approach. Secondly, I didn't really like the last riddle. For a long time I could not figure out what to do, I had to google it. Considering the previous point, the presence of riddles looks somewhat ridiculous. However, there are few of them and the rest are much simpler. Thirdly, monotonous cannon fodder. Of course, there are ordinary zombies, and insidious halves of zombies, grabbing by the legs, crawling on the floor, and two kinds of fast zombies ... But apart from them, there are no more opponents in fashion. Seeing SWATs, I hoped that they will become enemies ... It is gratifying, that the monotony of the gameplay is compensated by the not too long duration of the mod - if you do not take into account the hovering over the last and the pre-last (with gas cylinders) riddles, it took me about 2 hours. Considering that there are only 8 playable maps in the mod (7 NH2 owns + 1 NH1 remake), not counting the bonus in the form of the original first NH, that's pretty decent. And the last minus is not outstanding level design. However, you need to take into account that this is a horror movie, and in this kind of mods it is difficult to find where to realize any beauty, and often it is not necessary.

But, despite all these little things, the mod turned out to be really great. To begin with, I will note that this is really a real horror movie. He managed to make even me nervous, more nervous than the first four Silent Hill combined. This is indeed a success, and NH2 can rightfully be considered the scariest (in a good way) mod, at least on Source. mb, sp_dd can still argue with him, but considering that the latter is a short mappack, the victory is more likely for the former.
In general, NH2 at times rather resembles the games of the classic Silent Hill series. The hospital is an integral part of most (3/4) games in this series. By the way, pay attention to the name of the hospital: Never Lose Hope Hospital. Considering that the word Lose falls gloomily from the roof of the hospital, this name can be shortened to NHH, i.e. NH2;)
Silent Hill was famous for the soundtrack, and in HX2 the sound atmosphere is at a height - there are many sounds of its own, although there are separate inserts from HL2 and even HL1 (I definitely remember in places something native from the rocket_groan series that is slipping in fashion, which still sound on KSovskoy as_oilrig), but in general, the mod has some originality (and not only sound, in card design too). One ambient - Static - is very similar to SH2's Block Mind, but the rest of the music is original and very harmoniously fits into the game, although for the most part it is not suitable for separate listening.
In addition, I found an explicit reference to Silent Hill 4 in a separate pack from the off-site mod, which contains outdated and cut out materials - a chained door. By the way, I advise you to download this pack after passing through - it contains several outdated and abandoned NH2 variants (I especially liked the coast-like version) and a couple of bonus maps. Simultaneously, both CX1 and CX3 are reminiscent of the introduction to fashion, during which the GG fights with zombies and dies (?), And then wakes up in a room with soft walls.
Although level design does not shine with originality and outstanding beauties, scripts are at their best.
Spoilers: Gorgeous use of color grading, fov, appearing / disappearing objects, random spawning scary effects ... What impressed me most was the collapsing walls. And how is this implemented? I liked the use of the glowing key, although I have already seen it in another, in some places mowing horror fashion - Forward Motion. In general, the search for keys to the doors is also a feature from CX. By the way, an interesting effect is also associated with that door on the chains from the old mappak - the chains are easy to chop off / shoot off (I did it with a gravity gun =). Another psychedelic moment from the old map - a large number of doors following each other - this is a must see!

By the way, if you are a mapper, you can see how this or that feature is made without any problems by downloading the mod's sources from the offsite - in addition to the fgd and the source code, the archive contains vmf-ki of all 8 mod cards. Considering that it is often rare to have at least one card in its original form, such a generosity is a very generous step from the authors. All they ask in return for using them is simply to include their names in the readme of your mod.
There are also unique models in fashion. A wide variety of all kinds of zombies makes you remember They Hunger (but still, in the number of opponents TH surpasses NH2, because there are headcrabs, and zombie animals, and zombie cops with a gun, and several other types of various evil spirits ; on the other hand, They Hunger is definitely not so frightening mod, which, in principle, can be attributed to the old HL1 engine, on which it is difficult to implement effects similar to those used in NH2) and Left 4 Dead - the latter by the fact that zombies can be shot head, and if you shoot inaccurately, the zombie can be torn into two parts, and the front one will be alive and crawl towards you! I was pleased with the updated machine gun, reminiscent of the HL1, even for a moment it seemed to me that there were 50 rounds in the clip, not 45 ... The mount gave way to a formidable ax, and the pistol was also replaced. The revolver didn’t please - it was subdued by an unsuccessful reskin, and the destructiveness was lame, the pistol was not much weaker. Shotgun remained unchanged and in this zombie land is logically considered an Über weapon. There are no other weapons here, but given the enemies and the setting (there is no Alliance here, and the plot of HL2 has been forgotten), it is simply not needed here, and it is inappropriate. Plus, the short duration won't give you a lack of variety (although I missed the grenades a bit). I note that in addition to the traditional cannons, which are in plain sight, there are hidden weapons here - red candles, familiar from the first Episode, are capable of setting fire to zombies, so do not miss the opportunity to cook a barbecue. There are no other weapons here, but given the enemies and the setting (there is no Alliance here, and the HL2 plot has been forgotten), it is simply not needed here, and it is inappropriate. Plus, the short duration won't give you a lack of variety (although I missed the grenades somewhat). I note that in addition to the traditional cannons, which are in plain sight, there are hidden weapons - red candles, familiar from the first Episode, are capable of setting fire to zombies, so do not miss the opportunity to cook a barbecue. There are no other weapons here, but given the enemies and the setting (there is no Alliance here, and the HL2 plot has been forgotten), it is simply not needed here, and it is inappropriate. Plus, the short duration won't give you a lack of variety (although I missed the grenades a bit). I note that in addition to the traditional cannons, which are in plain sight, there are hidden weapons - red candles, familiar from the first Episode, are capable of setting fire to zombies, so do not miss the opportunity to cook a barbecue.

To summarize, I'll just say: Nightmare House 2 is a really excellent, high-quality and professionally made mod, of which not so many have come out in all the years since the release of Half-Life 2. Of the horror mods, it is generally the best at the moment, at least on the Source engine, and GoldSource too. If for any reason you are sloppy like me, stop immediately.

PS The mod has high-quality voice acting and a well-developed plot, but in principle, it is not necessary to delve into it especially, so you can go through the mod without knowing English.

C
Combine 999 26.12.20

Hmm, you should really start writing mod reviews. Not a single normal site was left for this after IA left .. Mods-inside - slow.

Finally I cut out the slopok mode and passed the NH2 mod.
Such a pun, right?

and two sorts of fast zombies
. Where did you find the second grade? When did Romero let them in and Emily killed them, with one of the psi attacks at the end?

He managed to make even me nervous, more nervous than the first four Silent Hill combined.
And I thought CX was a creepy-scary-horrible series of games, compared to which this mod is a background_mill map.

sp_dd can still argue with him
What is this?

Never Lose Hope Hospital. Considering that the word Lose falls gloomily from the roof of the hospital, this name can be shortened to NHH, i.e. NH2
SNGS. Very SRSG. However, given that this is a mod - it is quite possible, indeed it was intended.

Was Slent Hill famous for the sonic
Slent Hill?

And how is this implemented?
As I understand it, flying around the map with a noclip - the player is constantly teleported from one room hanging in the Void to another, with a door / no door / with a wall closer / etc. Teleportation is triggered by a glance trigger.

although I have already seen this in another, sometimes mowing horror fashion - Forward Motion.
Here it seemed to me more scary. Although, it may have played that it was one of the first mods that I played.

If for any reason you are sloppy like me, stop immediately.
The phrase zhzhot.

x
xDDGx 26.12.20

Mods-inside - slow.
Me too ...
))

Such a pun, right?
Ygy. At first I thought to write a slop mod, but I was afraid that words about a good mod would be attributed to him xD

And where did you find the second grade?
First grade - std KhL2shny, only without a head
Second grade - a strange thin woman with a flattened face

sp_dd
What is it?
This is a mappack, as I wrote. It actually has a normal name, but you’ll rather find it by its abbreviated form.

the player is constantly teleporting
Hmm, after all so ... I was sure that anything, but not teleportation, tk. not felt))

f
func_MYXOMOP 26.12.20

func_MYXOMOP
One I noticed that Emily's name is already stuck in all sorts of afterlife?

In continuation of what was said, he laughed wildly in the final of dead island
Spoiler alert Colonel did die

C
Combine 999 26.12.20

Me too ...
But if there are two slo-sites, together they will form a semi-normal.

First grade - std KhL2shny, only without head
Second grade - a strange thin woman with a flattened face
But where did you find the first grade? In the remake of the first part? I don’t remember, there seem to be headless too.

This is a mappack, as I wrote. Actually, it has a normal name, but you will sooner find it by its abbreviated form.
Oh, this card. It seems like I downloaded it. But he didn't play.

Hmm, still so ... I was sure that anything, but not teleportation, tk. it is not felt))
Well, it seems to be somehow cleverly optimized, or something.

Yes, spoiler, the colonel's wife died. Was
her name Emily too?

f
func_MYXOMOP 26.12.20

Combine 999
It seems. I can't find proofs, but since I paid attention to this, most likely it is so ...

C
Cvoxalury 26.12.20

anything, but not teleportation, tk. It does not feel
somehow cleverly optimized, or else that

Teleportation should not be felt, especially for this, landmarks are set and the position / orientation in the player's space is recorded. Even e3shny Ravenholm since 2003 consists of two halves, a teleport in the barn, you can only feel it by your decals from the shots. So you can at least do an endless corridor.

N
Nihiliant 26.12.20

Too lazy to play.

f
func_MYXOMOP 26.12.20

Hedede, either you are kidding, or I found something wrong. Downloaded sp_dd, passed. Nothing. Emptiness in the soul. Just the thought of how you could compare THIS with NH2.

C
Cvoxalury 26.12.20

Sp_dd is a good thing.

Nothing. Emptiness in the soul

Probably, there is no soul. Or brains.

f
func_MYXOMOP 26.12.20

It is he? Or maybe I really downloaded something wrong

Spoiler

But I did not offend anyone

x
xDDGx 26.12.20

But where did you find the first grade? In the remake of the first part? I don’t remember, there seem to be headless too.
No, the remake is just the first grade.

Too lazy to play.
In vain! I'm also constantly lazy, but I still found the strength and time)) If you like horror movies, play it.

It is he?
Is he.
how could you compare THIS with NH2.
I did not compare in terms of the quality of performance (of course, NH2 was made professionally - its own voice acting, custom resources, a full-fledged mod, while sp_dd is an artisanal fake), but out of fear. Back in the day, sp_dd impressed me more than any other horror mod.

C
Combine 999 26.12.20

No, the remake is just the first grade.
So where are they found?

x
xDDGx 26.12.20

So where are they found?
In the NH1 remake. The release is not outdated.