3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 28.12.20 02:47 am

Is it possible to flash a non-overclocking mother and make an overclocking one?

Prots i3-4130. With gtx 950 and with 8 gigs, the RAM is unstable. In GTA 5, textures disappear, friezes are periodic, the witcher flies, but every 15-20 seconds statters. That's what I thought to overclock. But the problem is in the mother. BIOS, of course, there is no function of raising the frequency. The computer itself did not collect (which I regret), purchased. ACER TC-605. The mother is also called. All I know about her is that 1150 is a socket (well, here and a no brainer ), and the H81-M chipset. The most deshman chipset, but I looked at its power circuits, and there are normal, high-quality resistors, so I thought that it would withstand the overclocker. I wanted to use SetFSB for a clocker, in the end it was some kind of no-name , unmarked (it looks like they were protected from people like me). If anyone knows, at least call her PLL. Thanks in advance!
26 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.20

if there are no overclocking functions at all, including overclocking not the processor frequency itself, but the motherboard and bus mat,
then finally no overclocking, so you can fix microscopic overclocking for a given processor
, the processor also does not support a free multiplier which actually overclocks.

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 28.12.20

Thank you.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
What exactly do you want to overclock? The i3 has no multiplier overclocking in 97% of models, and overclocking of any procs of this era on the bus is possible by 10 percent, not more.

N

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
So, I know, I just wanted to use the bus, at least until 3.6-3.7, I just saw somewhere a way to flash the mother, when the BIOS is completely different. How to explain: Here is the mother. Put another BIOS-And this mother is seen as completely different, overclocking. I have another mother, but unfortunately 1155 socket. There is a seleron on it. Maybe it will at least be able to overclock it.

R
RAZIEL_ 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
For a start, at least find out where the problem is, I think the percentage has nothing to do with it, if it's not the i3-4130T (with a cut frequency and reduced power consumption), what is the CPU load during the game, what temperatures, test the RAM, check the power supply under load.
I spent two years on this procedure, there were no problems, although the mother of B85M-G, the same shit is only three kopecks more expensive.
Check which processor.

K
Knight52 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko flashing BIOS with another firmware is as delicate as writing from a car to a glass in another car at speed. This should be found on some cyber forums (definitely not here) by a group of people-owners of the same mother who may have experimented or just know, but it's better when there is confirmation.
And the percentage of such cases is very small if you have a cheap H81 chipset. It is not known exactly what other motherboards with this chipset have an overclocking function, and if there is, then it is necessary to check the clock generator on such motherboards, the capabilities of the memory controller and, in general, the electrical circuit itself. You said that the resistors look good. How do you understand it? And what kind of conduits, diodes, transistors, thyristors, etc.?

And about the friezes, it's really interesting. What are your temperatures under the north / south bridge, processor and vidyuhi? Maybe your PSU is not dragging.

Nikita Kostyuchenko wrote:
There is a seleron on it. Maybe at least it will be possible to overclock
it XD It is unlikely that you will play on a selerone XD

R
RAZIEL_ 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
And also, maybe you have selected an economical mode in your BIOS, try adjusting it in AI Suite 3, there are a lot of adjustments, at least ASUS mother has it all.

V

RAZIEL_
3.6-3.7 GHz is not a bus record for the 2xxx generation and above, but I don't remember specifically about experiments with i3.
I found it on one site:
"The results were quite modest: this parameter was only increased by 4 MHz" - this is only 3536 MHz.

S
SaIIIa 28.12.20

why overclock at all? You’ll just keep the computer, shorten the life of the components. Why do this?

S
SPR1GGAN 28.12.20

SaIIIa
by the time he dies, he will be the equivalent of the current Pentium 3, which will not pull.

S
SaIIIa 28.12.20

SPR1GGAN
I think that you just need to buy normal components for good money, i.e. INSERT, and not buy shit, which will have to be overclocked in order for it to reach the desired level. Here's an example - in 2010 I bought a fairly average processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300. Recently I wanted to see how much it costs NOW, maybe it is not quoted at all. In the end, I was surprised, because it costs 6-7 thousand. STILL. I go nuts. I never had to overclock it, and I don't see any need for this.

S
SaIIIa 28.12.20

SPR1GGAN
and you, instead of buying a normal processor, a normal mother or a video card, buy some cheap shit, and then take a steam bath with overclocking. You have a woodpecker approach. It would be better if you spend your time on overclocking and clarifying the intricacies of this matter - you would spend on work, make money and buy a normal processor for 10-15 thousand. Which does not need to be overclocked and subject to the dangers of early failure. Your approach is initially silly and childish.

V

SPR1GGAN
Nope. This Pentium 3 could last 10 years without overclocking. And now, of course, there is progress, but it is not fatally great. Maybe a modern i3 will rip the coolest i5s at 32 nm, but not a fact (in real multi-thread).
But if you overclock the i5-2500K with 2 cores running at 3.7 GHz all the time, it is not a fact that it will tear the i3-6100 in applications that use 2 threads.
Can you overclock and that would tear 6320 without problems. And he will work for 6 years. But there is an opinion that not a single modern percent will work for 10-12 years.

R
RAZIEL_ 28.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
TS has not answered yet, but if he has an i3-4130T, then he was not lucky, in this model the frequency is 2.9, without the letter T, the frequency is 3.4 and this is an excellent percentage, everything flew on this without any brakes, loading in powerful games was about 80%.

N

RAZIEL_
No no, 3.4 GHz, no T, 64 W consumption, full percent.
Smoothly moving on to another topic. I am thinking of purchasing an i5-4460. Is it relevant now?

N

Knight52
PSU, of course, is an old 450 W ESP, but I don't think the i3-4130 and gtx 950 consume that much. There, a maximum of 250 watts will consume. The temperature under load is excellent 55 degrees. Well, sometimes it jumps to 60. It seems to me , friezes and non-loading because of the hard, well, the opera 8 gigabytes is already not enough. I have a hard disk with the second satu. I don’t remember the turnover, like 7200, I always have it at full load.

R
RAZIEL_ 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko,
start the upgrade by installing an SSD under Windows, and then it will show that percent without the letter T is good, I am very pleased with mine, I sat on it for two years and if a good buyer hadn’t turned up, I would not have changed it.

a
asbarton 28.12.20

Nikita Kostyuchenko
It's strange, but I have an old stone i5-2400 and vidyuha r9-280. GTA5 works fine, most likely your vidyuha does not pull + two cores are two cores

V

asbarton Prots is
not the worst and 2-cores really do not compete with it (if there is at least some optimization and that one does not have a turbo - i3, not i5).

a
asbarton 28.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO is
clear, I overclocked my pensioner to 3.7, but the temperature reaches 66-68, (did not overclock)