3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fog666666 05.01.21 10:06 am

agony of choice

whether to change G1 GTX970 to 1060
25 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shock Burst 05.01.21

DragV Land
So what? 980ti pulls everything at max settings! I generally sit on the usual 980 =)

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 05.01.21

Primal Mouseyvur
It's always better to take a powerful single-chip card than to do SLI, because it doesn't work in all games. In addition, SLI requires a good and high-quality PSU + a normal case with thoughtful cooling. Video memory is also not summed up, 4GB of memory will not be enough for 2x rather powerful GPUs. For FHD MB and norms, however, at the moment it pulls 970 without problems, especially 980, but for 2k and, especially 4k, two 980s are no longer enough due to memory.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 05.01.21

xxDiabloNeroxx
About 4k I agree that to play comfortably at 60 fps with this resolution, settings, especially anti-aliasing, need to be turned off and a few others, and the warming up of the views is not small, the temperature at 4k is 83C Therefore, I play everything that is at 2880 by 1620 at 60 fps and beyond. The picture quality is minimal, but the performance difference is phenomenal and the temperature is 75C !!!! At the expense of the corps, I also agree, I had to take a huge full tower with a bunch of screws. In principle, they are not that expensive. At the expense of the PSU, he is right again, he took 1200W a year ago. About SLI support. All those games that came out with the protection of Denuvo, namely, when our gods hammered into hacking it, like half a year ago, when it all started with Just Coe 3 (namely, from Danuev's AA class projects), if I’m not mistaken, initially they did not have sensible support of two cards, but then it was perfectly implemented through new patches or drivers. Yes, not all !!! But I don’t play everything. For example, a dude buys 1080TI later, it becomes outdated and will bring less pleasure, but there is no money for a more powerful one, for example, so some people do that they take the second one, but they are much cheaper. And again he will be happy and now it will last for sooo long.

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 05.01.21

Primal Mouseywur
Due to the amount of video memory, it will not be enough for a long time, because SLI is taken in order to play at ultra and not deny yourself anything. And those who take 1080Ti for themselves will just take it, sell it when volts come out and take 1180Ti. And those who save up for 1080Ti will also have to take the i7 and overclock it for good, for overclocking the motherboard is also not very cheap. Accordingly, the point in buying such cards is lost if the budget is limited. By the way, SLI from 980 also needs a minimum of stock i7 to fully reveal its potential.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 05.01.21

xxDiabloNeroxx
By the way, SLI from 980 also needs at least stock i7 to fully reveal its potential. Therefore, I dispersed it. Before that, there was i5 - 2500k and was extended to 4.7 But this did not save the day. Vidyakhi worked at 83-86% Only when I set a new percentage and dispersed it, the vidyashki fully opened !!!))) The difference was heaven and earth, afterburner shows 99-100%