3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angmar87 11.01.21 10:14 am

When will they learn to make the right dialogues? (Cyberpunk 2077)

I just freak out how much useless spoken text is in this game, which, firstly, is very easy to miss and not hear, and secondly, how much of it when you don't need it. Was it really so difficult to redistribute the text in such a way that it was available in any way? I'm talking about the fact that when I started playing the game using stealth, and not through the action, I heard so many new dialogues that I just went nuts - how many voiced text was made in the game that no one would ever hear.

Was it really difficult just to direct these phrases sounded in the right direction? Where does the player spend more time - in combat or listening to dialogues? I think it's still in combat, because it's an action movie in the first place. That means it was necessary instead to make voice acting to the enemies in battle. Because it's always fun and interesting when enemies in battle start shouting something, but it gets boring very quickly when phrases start repeating. It was not necessary to do these useless dialogues that you can only hear through the staysl, but 1000 unique phrases for each gang and each type of enemy that he shouts during the battle or speaks in a calm atmosphere.

Thus, playing 100 hours of gameplay, the chance of repeating a phrase is minimal and each encounter will seem absolutely unique, thanks to the dialog design of 1000 random phrases, because even the steals very often roll into battle in the end. There is still no escape from the battle. This is where the effort had to be directed. For the voice acting of enemies in battle.
7 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Youxyxol 11.01.21

Angmar87 wrote:
1000 unique phrases for each gang and each type of
Og's enemy , and for each NPC, so that the phrases never repeat themselves. And the game would weigh 3 TB, hehe. And it would have come out in 2077.

A
Angmar87 11.01.21

Vyxyxol
No, on the contrary, I suggested to ordinary NIPs to cut off dialogues and instead make more phrases to enemies. Simply a more correct redistribution of resources, the size will remain the same. It was just necessary to put more emphasis on the enemies. After all, this is a game about battles and skirmishes.

Y
Youxyxol 11.01.21

Angmar87 wrote: the
dimensions will remain the same
Well, yes, well, yes ... After all, 5 phrases for the enemy NPC = 1000 phrases for the enemy NPC.

A
Alexeq1 25.01.21

Personage V was chosen by a man, in dialogues they turn to me on her, what to do?

T
TpeBoP 25.01.21

Alexeq1 Endure
))

R
Radamel Falcao 01.02.21

When will you Marry

V
Vyacheslav Butusov 16.02.21

Dialogues with humor seem very unnatural in games to me, what's here, what's in the subway, but everywhere, probably. In real life, listeners start laughing before the last word of the joke is heard, and then laughter is inserted at the same timings as ordinary phrases, also with a pause. It looks very strange.