3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GTAman 11.01.21 11:29 am

Your attitude to Russian voice acting, if it were (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Previous part
111 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Orlauskas 11.01.21

the idea is not bad, however it will not be the same GTA5 it is unlikely that someone will succeed in correctly conveying the manner of Franklin's conversation or Michael's British dialect Trevor Rockstar's Canadian accent on personalities they did a good job they are all very interesting and so different from each other

C
Carbon8909 11.01.21

WWQ
And rightly so.

m
mr.Stng 11.01.21

I am for voice acting, tk. you do not have time to read the credits during missions or when driving a car, so part of the information and plot is lost. In the Mafia, the voice acting was appropriate and did not harm the game. Whoever likes the original voice acting, you can always put the original in the menu.

x
xomakaed 11.01.21

can someone tell me how to turn off the voice acting altogether ?? just infuriates the voice acting ... the voices are loud ... you can't really hear the music, the city or the car ??

M
Morfine 11.01.21

Strongly negative. I doubt that our localizers will be able to convey all those emotions of the original voice acting.

F
FixControl 11.01.21

The attitude is negative. There are many important things about the voice acting in GTA 5, such as different national accents, intonation, etc. The actors really do sound professionally, our localizers do not always succeed in doing this, and they will never convey the same accents.
PS If I need to read subtitles while driving, I stop at a traffic light and read, there are no problems, the need to drive / crash / destroy my games do not cause.

L
Lary cross aka nick hande 11.01.21

Positively.

S
Sergey etrov 11.01.21

Neutral, roughly speaking. The original suits me, but if there was voice acting, I would prefer it. I have no sharply negative attitude (like many here) both to voice acting and to its absence.

d
dd300 11.01.21

For the Russian voice acting, you would not have to take a steam bath to read the subtitles while driving, distracts from the process in general ...

C
Carbon8909 11.01.21

xomakaed
Unless the sound is turned off (in the settings).
Game_Hak
I agree 100%.

B
BigKamikadze 11.01.21

Sometimes the voice acting is better than the original, if those who voice have a desire for it !!!

S
S-002 ....... GisvO 11.01.21

For a year and a half, I got used to the original voice acting so much that I don't even want a Russian one.

T
Tiger goose 11.01.21

I would not be interested in the Russian voice acting of any GTA. Firstly, the original voiceovers always turned out to be of high quality (I'm talking about the acting, especially in the four and five). Secondly, in any GTA there have always been enough characters who have an accent. What about the dubbing of these characters? Ignore the accent? Blow to the atmosphere. Simulate an accent? Only if the actor speaks the character's native language. But it will probably be difficult to find an actor who is fluent in, for example, both Russian and Spanish (and if Arabic, Chinese, etc.?), And is expensive. Sometimes Rockstar doesn't always do it smoothly. For example, non-Serbian actors tried to imitate the Serbian accent in the four, and not always successfully. In the top five, the Greek actor unconvincingly imitates the Armenian accent. And with the well-known approach of Russian localizers to voice acting, the result will be even more unconvincing.

[
[TasmaN] 11.01.21

It seems that all those who do not really know English are against the voice acting, but want to seem "gourmets" of the original voice acting, we do not understand anything, we do not have time to read the subtitles, but in a trend, this is the main thing ... hmm ...

h
hardwaredude 11.01.21

Your attitude to the Russian voice acting, if it were

I would have strangled myself, out of harm's way.

[TasmaN]

It seems that all those who really don't know English are against the voice acting.

Such a false accusation. Tsk tsk.

[
[TasmaN] 11.01.21

hardwaredude
no accusations, purely personal opinion, nothing more.

h
hardwaredude 11.01.21

[TasmaN]

Yes, I'm not offended, you're generally right. I think most of them are. The main thing is not to put everyone under one ruler.

[
[TasmaN] 11.01.21

hardwaredude
In no case, apparently, did not put it that way, not all, of course.

V
Valentin2009 11.01.21

Totally agree! In GTA, most of the conversations take place during the action, in particular while driving, and therefore for those who do not know English this is a problem ... Half of all conversations go deaf ear ... And in general it's nice when the game is completely in Russian, at the end in the end, whoever doesn't like it, you can always change the Russian voice acting to any other ...

C
Carbon8909 11.01.21

Valentin2009
With Russian voice acting, the whole atmosphere of the game will be lost. And RockStar will make no exceptions (switching the Russian voice acting from the original and vice versa).