3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HuGoSss 12.01.21 10:44 pm

CPU and core temperature

Moderators, sorry for the Nubian topic ... :)
Actually, I wanted to ask when the readings in Everest show the CPU temperature - 42 C and the CPU / core 1- 32 C, CPU / core 2 - 32 C, CPU / core - 32, CPU / core -32 C,
for example, when loading the processor: the CPU shows 58 C and the kernel is 48 C. The question is: what temperature should you look at the CPU or the rate of the nucleoli?
PS config in profile ...
34 Comments
Sort by:
u
unnemed 12.01.21

cpu is the temperature on the lid
and the core is directly they themselves

H
HuGoSss 12.01.21

and which of them is considered critical? Suppose my CPU will have 70 C and cores 50 C. Should I be afraid of the temperature of the lid?

-
-SK.art- 12.01.21

HuGoSss

The core temperature is in theory hotter than the core temperature. There is a monitoring glitch. I have seen this after flashing one of the beta-bios of the motherboard. The firmware of another BIOS "returned" the temperatures to their place. It may also be an option that you have an old Everest. If so, put the freshest one.

ps: in my phenomenon, the temperature rise between the cores is several degrees - CPU - 37 C, CPU / core 1,2,3 - 41 C.

S
Sality 12.01.21

The temperature of the cores is in theory hotter than the temperature of the lid of the core. There is a monitoring glitch. I have seen this after flashing one of the beta-bios of the motherboard. The firmware of another BIOS "returned" the temperatures to their place. It may also be an option that you have an old Everest. If so, put the freshest
Nope. The core is cooler than the lid. For example, I have a cover-45, and 4 cores 36,
suppose my CPU will have 70 C and cores 50 C
For my max, it's 62, for yours, too, like, or even less. The temperature is always looked at the lid, not the cores.

H
HuGoSss 12.01.21

Thanks to all who responded :)

u
unnemed 12.01.21

What is the percentage of that?
For me on qore 2 quad q9300, the maximum temperature is 75 C, the
temperature of the lid is usually 41-50 and the cores are 63-69 all the time, but once I managed to heat it up to 54 on the lid and 73 on the cores and this is closer to critical and the frequencies themselves fell. the FSB frequency was 333 became 332, after that I learned how to overclock the XD percentage

m
maksim88888888 12.01.21

My core temperature is always less than the CPU by 2-3 grams. In a simple CPU-37 and all the cores are 35 grams each, with a maximum load of the CPU-51 and the cores are 48, I only noticed when I left the game that the CPU cooled down faster than the cores by 2- 3 degrees but then the kernels still get colder!

i
imeni net 12.01.21

it's impossible

H
HuGoSss 12.01.21

unnemed
AMD Phenom 9550 X4 2.2GHz

S
Sality 12.01.21

Hmm, now I see that the cores are hotter than the lid ... Perhaps the lid is hotter in cases where the load is greater.

7Rain7 12.01.21

Why would the lid be hotter than the cores? The kernels are hotter. The cores heat the lid, and the heatsink is attached to the lid with a sole. Accordingly, it removes heat from the lid. So the lid cools faster than the cores. Or you fix the stove to the processor and your lid heats up both from the cores and from the radiator ;-) And whoever in Everest seems to be different, it means that either Everest is stupid or the BIOS is crumbling.

H
HuGoSss 12.01.21

strange, but for me all the monitoring programs show that the CPU is hotter than the cores (even in the load)
so this is true.
And by the way, what is the critical temperature of the motherboard? Otherwise, it also heats up not weak.

H
HuGoSss 12.01.21

pix.PlayGround.ru

S
Sality 12.01.21

PlayGround.ru
Here is my. My percent is more powerful than yours, but it heats up less. I would not be surprised if the boxed cooler is worth it. Is the motherboard warming up?
7Rain7
As you can see from the screen, it can.) Bios is in good order and Everest is not stupid. So this is still possible: D

-
-SK.art- 12.01.21

ZabrO_o
So this is still possible

. Impossible. Monitoring glitch.

S
Sality 12.01.21

Impossible. Monitoring
glitch Take a look at yourself. Are you saying that the sensor is not showing correctly?

-
-SK.art- 12.01.21

ZabrO_o

Read my post from 05.05.10 15:29.

S
Sality 12.01.21

Well, Everest may be a little old, or I'm xs

Z
Zityaz 12.01.21

The lid cannot be hotter than the cores, because by itself it does not heat up, its cores heat up, in addition, the heat is removed through the lid, so the cores will always be hot.

S
Sality 12.01.21

No, well then it turns out that all monitoring shows nonsense