3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BerkutArmageddon 13.01.21 11:07 am

Ken and Adams argument (Mass Effect 3)

Help me please ...
Actually, I cannot understand the subject of the dispute. Adams says EDI is Normandy, and Ken says she is only piloting this vessel.
My opinion is: EDI is Normandy (its hardware and software part is integrated into the ship's systems), which can pilot, and not only pilot, by itself (well, this is not without the support of the crew).
Moreover, EDI itself in the dispute seems to "tease" both.
Both are right, but only partially; the choice of neutrality is not provided.

What should I do ?
11 Comments
Sort by:
k
kho_sey 13.01.21

BerkutArmageddon
Answer as you wish, it won't affect anything

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.21

Well, there seems to be 2 options - either a part of a ship such as a smart toilet or part of a team. in this vein, most likely.
and if you get her out of Normandy, she most likely can control another ship. she also kind of partially remotely controls the robot. plus the fact that it is intelligence, the ability to independently make decisions when the pilot is drunk or drugged, makes her a pilot, unlike some kind of automatic system.

B
BerkutArmageddon 13.01.21

Heh ... Interestingly, Ken's opinion is correct not only because I wrote in the topic ... You see, when Ken served on the Cerberus Normandy (second part) - EDI was in fact only part of the ship. And after the Joker gave her access to the entire ship - she herself spoke on the bridge (in the second part, after passing) - "I am Normandy" (something like that). So Adams is more right here. Unfortunately, such judgments are not included in the game, so let's have a "smart toilet".
But you can also take into account the arguments of both sides: one of the "cutting" the ear is the transfer of the human brain to another body (Ken). And here again, not without clarifications: the brain is the part of the body that controls this very body; but if you try very hard - the brain can be transplanted (lol, as strange as it sounds ...). In general, there is one Russian paralyzed programmer who wanted to muddle up a brain transplant for himself (from a technical point of view, it is more correct to say "body transplant"); scientists from China, Japan and Russia are working on this. Proof, search for yourself in Google.

In general, biotvids gave a controversy in which not all factors are considered, even from different points of view. And in the understanding of the game - both options are correct.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.21

In fact, everything is very simple. in the game in relation to susi, there are 2 mediator positions. and all game situations are reduced to them.
1 - to promote its socialization and development, self-identification as a human person;
2 - to emphasize that this is an artificial mechanism and there is nothing in common between synths and diarrhea. then the type of development of her personality goes but more divorced from the team.
part of the crew - part of the ship. part of the crew - part of the ship.
the first is correspondingly more to the shepard's paragon the second to the renigat.
but pitch-pitch. this choice is completely illusory, and even the last dialogue with her there finally does not change in any way.
in the dragoe uh, the inquisitor has a similar character like cole. there is about the same situation but in plain text in the quest the choice is either the cole will become more a spirit than a person or more a person than a holy spirit.

S
Sidorovich12 13.01.21

In fact, Susi is an operating system like Windows. I erased, reinstalled another and that's it. So the ship will fly fine without it.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.21

Sidorovich12
not. Tama is shorter than it can be pulled out only with the system from the wall. type because a quantum computer. if you poke it from a tyrent and install it on your quantum pitch, then it will work differently and there a different personality will turn out like.
and the ship will naturally fly with another pit.

B

Sidorovich12
Technical difficulties in the studio: without an operating system, the processor can address only one megabyte of memory, so a computer without an OS is a byaka that can't do a damn thing.

S
Sidorovich12 13.01.21

BerkutArmageddon
This is not about that now, but the dispute itself was about what the "Windows" of Normandy is, that is, an independent living being or part of the platform. Before the advent of the android aboard the Normandy, there was 1, but after that, both options are now essentially true.

B

Sidorovich12
Yes, you just gave an example a little crooked. By your analogy, if you remove EDI, then Normandy will not be able to fly and shoot at the same time, for example.
Well, it turns out that Normandy without EDI is no longer Normandy. It's the same with a computer.

S
Sidorovich12 13.01.21

BerkutArmageddon
Well, in 1 part there was no susi , but the ship somehow flew and fired.

l
lokkie 13.01.21

In general, Normandy flies without EDI. In DLS Citadel, a clone will demonstrate this to us.
The funny thing is that Adams has gone crazy. ))
He also tells Ken - you need to change your attitude towards life forms.
Then, at the end, after Horizon, it seems, there will be another dialogue only with Dr. Chakwas, but for the reapers. And Adams will say the same to Chakwas about the reapers, like you need to change your attitude towards life forms. )))
If you support Ken in the first dialogue, maybe the second dialogue will change, I didn't check it.