3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TBo9TeHb 25.01.21 07:11 pm

Will there be a Russifier (Hitman 3)

The company has lost fans of this game without Russification, I hope for good people, translators)
65 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vladimir Sivko 08.02.21

Leshich
in business in Moscow in foreign companies just English, it's strange that in your schools it is not taught from the first grade

S
ShiHou 08.02.21

Real Slim Shady

I may open your eyes to the world for you, but everyone wants to speak Russian in games. There are several international languages, such as English, nmtsk, Spanish - they are always used and the calculation goes initially from the manufacturers.
Further, do you think the manufacturer does the localization? Not. This is done by a reseller who plans to sell the game in other countries. It is he who buys the translation, not the producer. If no one in Russia was interested in translating the game, then there was no translation. Translation is not the concern of the manufacturer, it is the concern of the country itself, and of the companies involved in localization for further distribution in the country. There are rare cases when the manufacturer himself is engaged in localization, like the Witcher, and it immediately shows how different the quality of localization is from the vast majority of other projects, how much more literary and hearing-friendly translation of texts. All the rest of the games are localized not by manufacturers, but by third-party intermediary offices, often far from understanding the concepts of the games themselves,

For the rest, as I said to all manufacturers in general, they do not care about localization, they are always guided by 3-5 international languages, but mostly English is always. And the fact that some Russian players are offended that there is no Russian language - they generally love the buoy and the bell tower. Moreover, Russia is a very insignificant market for buyers in the world. So why bother with localization?
Also, in the vast majority of games with a decent number of localizations, if you study, the number of languages ​​rarely exceeds even 10. Now think, how many languages ​​are there in the world? ten? Here it is, there are countries that have never seen localizations in their language in their life. And the fact that you are not among them - if you are still lucky)) would be some kind of Chukchi - in general, you would never play games in your language.

The only option here is only one - to learn English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and then 9 out of 10 games will be clear to you even without Russian.

S
ShiHou 08.02.21

Leshich wrote:
Well, if they buy with subtitles, well, they will do without voice acting - that's what game publishers from the collective west probably think.
Manufacturers and publishers do not localize in more than 3-5 international languages. All localization, in addition to English, nmts, kt, isp, is a purely personal matter of intermediary partners involved in the distribution of games in other regions. If they are interested in the Russian segment, they will order a translation from some kind of translator's office. That is why very often in all fantasy games the translation of texts is either rip-out not to the village, not to the garden, or generally incorrect, because it was not the game manufacturer himself who made it, but full-time translators without a thematic bias, who simply received an order for translation in the form text file. Those. they often translate without even seeing the game and the essence of the text, but simply the sent text. Therefore, often when you play all sorts of RPGs, you grab your head from the stupidity of translations.

L
Leshich 08.02.21

ShiHou, you say: "... everybody speaks Russian in games." Everyone in the world? Have you asked everyone? Not. Well, don't speak for everyone. Speak for yourself. Maybe you "nsrt"? Most likely.

L
Leshich 08.02.21

ShiHou
Thank you for the info you have written in the first part of your comment. I know firsthand about translations.

L
Leshich 08.02.21

Vladimir Sivko
I haven't learned English since the first grade. When I was in first grade, he was not there at the time. It was 1984.

A
Aiwan frost 08.02.21

Leshich
what a shame, another typical representative of the CIS segment cannot speak English, and threatens not to buy the game. Poor IOIs, they will definitely go bankrupt.

D
DEDGAMER 08.02.21

Leshich
ENGLISH FROM THE 2ND CLASS WAS IN 1984 AND MUCH EARLIER, IN THE 70s FREELY TEACHED)

L
Leshich 08.02.21

DEDGAMER
We didn't have English. He began to teach with us from the fourth grade.

V
Volodya_1993 08.02.21

FallOut0877
The only problem is that Hitman 3 has already paid off

L
Leshich 08.02.21

DEDGAMER
I'm not talking about the seventies. When I started school in the mid-eighties, we didn't have him in the second grade. We started teaching English and German in the fourth grade.

F
FallOut0877 08.02.21

Volodya_1993
And I didn’t say that it wouldn’t pay off, I was talking about the fact that we don’t know how much profit they lost due to the lack of Russian, and it is possible that they thought that it was simply not profitable for them to do it, but in the end it is so or not, we hardly know.

G
Gothic500 08.02.21

ShiHou
And since when have we become international languages, German Spanish is one international language, that's English and that's it.

V
Volodya_1993 08.02.21

FallOut0877
I agree ... Now I stupidly hope for our valiant localizers. Maybe they will do something)

F
FallOut0877 08.02.21

Volodya_1993
Don't worry, they will definitely do it)

V
Vladimir Sivko 08.02.21

Leshich
I had English since grade 5 and computer science from grade 7 ... these are 2002 and 2004, respectively

L
W
Willis 08.02.21

https://forum.zoneofgames.ru/topic/64495-hitman-3/?page=6.
There, the chela managed to transfer the Russian to Hitman 3 of the first two hitmen. Krasava. So, the translation of the third is not far off

T
TBo9TeHb 08.02.21

Willis
I saw, I think they will finalize it within a week)

N
Nick Arzanyaev 08.02.21

Maybe it's easier to just learn English, like all normal people, than to look for a crack for each game?