3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
Xerus13 25.01.21 11:29 pm

Xenia emulator bug

I'm playing on the Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 emulator. This game is, in principle, completely passable on the emulator, this is important.
But I get a rather strange bug: when a specific character appears in the frame (it doesn't matter whether the cutscene or the game process itself), the screen turns black, but the sound goes on, and, judging by the way it changes when trying to play, everything works, just what is happening not displayed. That said, the HUD and subtitles are still visible, just at extremely low resolution.
Spoiler

I tried to install a different version of the game (English), but nothing changed

I also noticed that if you stand in some specific places (either closer to the boundaries of the level, or close to some walls) or receive damage, then everything becomes visible for a short time, but the screen blinks very often (everything turns black for a split second).
Spoiler
It was difficult to catch the moment.

What is this strange bug and what to do? Before that, the game only had a "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library" error when saving. Cured by running xenia in compatibility mode. Everything else works great.
I play with Windows 7 and will not switch from it under any circumstances.
7 Comments
Sort by:
S
Subaru MotorSports 29.01.21

Xerus13
Specific questions should be asked on specialized forums, 6th generation console emulators.
http://www.emu-land.net/forum/

X
Xerus13 29.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Thanks for the advice!

S
Subaru MotorSports 01.02.21

Xerus13
And on that forum, no one advised anything, they can wait for the new version of the emulator, I am confused by your love for Windows 7, because there is Windows 10 LTSB, all unnecessary ones have been cut out in it.

X
Xerus13 01.02.21

Subaru MotorSports
New versions are unlikely to be released, and if they are, it is not known when. This is stated on the official website. And, I think, this is unlikely to help, in theory everything should work now. As I wrote, this game is included in the list of fully passable on the emulator.
I say that I will not switch from the seven, especially when it comes to Win 10. I somehow happened to use the ten, and it's so miserable and inconvenient that I hate to remember it. And even LTSB (I specially read about it) does not fix the situation, it does not remove everything that I do not like in windows 10.

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

Maybe since no one can help me, will you give me a save? Sonic and Silver completed 100%, the level at which they got stuck - Wave Ocean for Shadow.

S
Sеht 07.10.21

Recently I found information that it seems like a problem occurs when rendering through Vulkan. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 using Dx12. Then I'll check.

S
Sеht 28.10.21

By the way, as I understand it, the problem can be fixed using the Sonic '06 Mod Manager. In the patch section, you need to enable the Omega Blur Fix item

. I also got to the moment with Omega. Indeed, everything works.