3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SkrepcheZaVR 27.01.21 05:08 pm

Which is better SSAO or HBAO + (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What's better in SSAO or HBAO + for AMD cards?
14 Comments
Sort by:
d
dimakozhanov 27.01.21

Well HBAO + is a gadget from Nvidia, but it is unlikely to kill performance on AMD cards, but why guess and ask, put a fraps and compare FPS with incl. SSAO and HBAO +.

Аlex_Pro 27.01.21

HBAO + is certainly better, but it consumes more resources, not very much, but still. If you have enough video memory and you want more stable frames, then I advise you to install SSAO. And if there is no tension with iron, then feel free to put HBAO +.

B
Bupycop 27.01.21

dimakozhanov
right now and in incentive you can watch FPS

Аlex_Pro 27.01.21

Bupycop
Why? There are already comparisons on the net.

s
sanya46 27.01.21

There is
no Alex_Pro , it's better to compare on your own hardware, how it will be more convenient to play! fps ratio graphics quality

C
CryHunter 27.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR
In terms of graphics, you won't notice much difference between SSAO and HBAO +.

Аlex_Pro 27.01.21

sanya46
Dude, it was sarcasm, if you didn't understand right away.

S
Schreps 27.01.21

Better HBAO +

T
TTG 27.01.21

HBAO is an algorithm originally developed by Nvidia. Has a thicker and more believable darkening effect and works over a larger area. The impact on performance is different, but the algorithm is much more difficult for hardware than SSAO. All calculations are done by the video card.
SSAO has the most visually simple darkening effect. If you look at it from a certain angle, it looks ugly, to put it mildly. But for a number of reasons, SSAO is the least demanding on the hardware: the
algorithm is processed only by the video card;
does not eat RAM;
does not need pre-processing and loading;
maintains performance in scenes of any complexity.
If you need quality, choose HBAO +. The difference in fps in Witcher 3 vs SSAO varies between 3-5 fps, but it can be even higher.

F
Faceless void 27.01.21

Thank you for the topic, just now I ran into this vporos

i
iZendar 27.01.21

There is such an article, everything is well

described in the settings: Spoilerhttp: //nvplay.ru/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-rukovodstvo-po-graficheskim-nastrojkam-i-testirovanie-proizvoditelnosti

v
vikpass 27.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR
HBAO + is lighter and prettier than SSAO, so it's better to choose the first

O
Old_Nick 27.01.21

vikpass wrote:
HBAO + easier
Are you kidding ?!
About "prettier" - of course. But you turned it "easier". Depending on the view and location - minus 10-2% FPS

r
re 100 27.01.21

The question I have is a GeForce Gtx 1050 Ti 4Gt video card, 24 Gb DDR4 RAM and an intel core i3-7100 processor, which is better to install HBAO or SSAO?