3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Judas69Priest 29.01.21 01:18 am

The problem with sellers in Gothic 2 Night of the Raven (Gothic 2)

I would like to know why sellers have not changed / updated their products for a long time? When I played Gothic for the first time, then every in-game day the sellers changed their goods, for example, I sold something to them, the next day this thing is not.
Now I started playing again, but sellers have the same assortment all the time! Why is that? Can this be fixed?
Thanks in advance
12 Comments
Sort by:
L
LightW2 29.01.21

Judas69Priest
When I first played Gothic I
may have played the original Gothic 2, but now you are playing Night of the Raven. Perhaps, mods, patches, etc.

every in-game day the sellers changed their goods, for example, I sold something to them, the next day this thing is not.
As far as I remember, the sellers' goods are updated only between chapters.
Although sold items may disappear.

J
Judas69Priest 29.01.21

LightW2
For some reason, the sold items don't disappear!

A
Argonatika 29.01.21

Judas69Priest
I do not disappear either, so this is most likely the norm.

J
Judas69Priest 29.01.21

Argonatika The
trick is that when I played it for the first time (about 5 years ago), then everything sold disappeared, what I bought from them was restored

m
mifora 29.01.21

you played the original - it seemed like that was

D
DonLeno 29.01.21

Vendors will only respawn some highly consumable items like arrows, bolts, and lockpicks. The rest is not. Balance, what.

Yes, the sold things for some reason disappear from some merchants in the 1st chapter. Xs why, but it happens quite systematically.

D
DonLeno 29.01.21

Iron blanks and some havchik will also respawn. Like

J
Judas69Priest 29.01.21

DonLeno
, by the way, these same pieces of iron cannot be restored! but the bolts and arrows are the opposite

L
LOleg 29.01.21

Here is PPC, I saved up for a composite bow from Joshua, saved up, saved up, I haven’t come, I’ve looked after a rare sword for 1200 from Moteo, while I was collecting, the sword disappeared, what kind of PPC is this ??? it turns out you need to read the money in the beginning, buy, and then nothing will happen?

D
Demoniac 29.01.21

LOleg
The Master's Sword can be picked up, just like the cool two-handed Dragon Storm;). There is no point in saving up an overdof of gold for their purchase. The Military Crossbow is no worse than the Compound Bow, but it can be picked up without interference on one hill at all;)
But if you need money, then the easiest way is to enroll as an apprentice in Bosper and sell skins to him.
Also on Khorinis you can pick up a bunch of weapons with impressive damage, bonuses, etc. You just need to know the places;)
Self-forged swords are just as good. A blacksmith in town will teach simple forging. Well, or on the Onara farm - he will teach you how to forge ore blades if you become a mercenary.
If your skill is "agility", then Betty is cooler than the Master's Swords. A blade that you can get hold of in Yarkendar, more precisely in a bandit camp. There you just need to fill up the impudent utyr who loves to sleep;)
LOleg wrote: he
looked after a rare sword for 1200 from Moteo, while he was gathering, the sword disappeared, what is this PPC?
Has the chapter changed? However, even if the chapter was changed, the old product had to remain.
LOleg wrote: it
turns out that you need to read the money at the beginning, buy, otherwise then nothing will happen?
You can always read money. But not necessarily. Already at the beginning of the game, without entering the apprentices to the masters, you can go to the guild of thieves. On the first night, clean out all the houses in the lower part, then become a citizen of the city and get hold of the upper one. Sell ​​the gold trinkets to anyone, but give the silver ones at a bargain price to Halvor. If you stock up on a sufficient amount of elixirs, increase your dexterity and acquire a bow, as well as learn the skill of skinning and pulling teeth, you can walk along Khorinis, cleaning the caves and not going deep into the forest. Raising the level and collecting a bunch of garbage for sale, as well as at least some gold, you can return to the city, pull up the skill and strength of the teachers and go to the pyramids. From there you will take out a lot of valuable things and gold. There you can find some magic trinkets and sell;)
Goods for sale from merchants only increase with each chapter. They should not disappear. Bugs with goods in Gothic, although rare, do happen. The sword you were asking the price for could be the victim of a bug.

D
Demoniac 29.01.21

LOleg
Here are some free items

Khorinis
Executioner's Ax near a black troll
Orc killer in a chest of one of the pyramids A
mace with 100 damage is lying in a cave with bandits outside the port.
The paladin's sword is one-handed and two-handed in a cave near the Dead Harpy tavern. The
pirate saber is just lying around on the
Rapier pier and the Elm bow is lying next to a stone near the Onar farm. But there are three trolls.
The crossbow is on the hillock east of the bridge, a little further from the Magic Stone Golem's habitat.
Fire bow and 20 arrows to it - tower in Dexter's camp Dragonstorm
- a cave near the Circle of the Sun
Composite bow can be picked up north of Xardas tower, just south of the bridge

Yarkendar
Double ax on the top of the hill next to the hermit
Berdysh - to the right of the staircase of the temple of the Guard of the Dead An
exquisite sword in the next room after the portal
Pirate boarding saber and many more interesting things you can find if you thoroughly ransack all the buildings of the location where the water magicians settled
Rapier lies in a cave near the library
Two-handed club - in a dilapidated house with goblins near the portal in the swamps. At the top of the cliff next to the portal is the Mace

Mining Valley
Master's Epee and Paladin's Sword in the old tower of Xardas
War Ax, Bone Bow and Doom Steel - in a snowy location. Just don't poke your nose into the ice dragon's cave ahead of time!
The Noble Sword of the Beast - just lies on the box, where the paladin Marcos is guarding the ore Ashbow
- in the Fortress, the
Battleaxe in the cave with the goblins to the right of the bridge northeast of the Fortress of
Runes is stuck in a stump next to the habitat of fire golems on the way to the volcano
Inquisitor can be find somewhere under the fence of the orcs not far from the place where you then need to search for the body of Sengrat
Raven's Beak near Diego's location under the
Oak Bow tower in a small cave above the lake in an ice location. You just have to climb the mountain road and you will not miss it.
Uf. I wrote what I remembered. I went through G2NV 2 weeks ago before the new year)))

C
Corpse for jellied meat 29.01.21

LOleg
LOleg wrote:
you need to read the money in the beginning, buy, otherwise then nothing will happen?
At the beginning of the game, buy only essential items. Only arrows and bolts are weapons. Kakraz "later" will be everything. Merchants will have magic belts, rings, amulets and many cool weapons. For the initial stage of the game you will come in handy

Spoiler
Notice 1.3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 15. With all this set you can go two-thirds of the game.
Except 3. To swing, they need strength above 160. Analogue of the large ore blade "Dragon Slayer". With proper pumping, you can use it somewhere from chapter 4.