3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 29.01.21 01:28 am

HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4?

HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4? What's your best experience for connecting a 4k HDR monitor / tv to a pc?
61 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
"that there are no telly capable of 4k 120Hz"
Really, you yourself are not funny from the nonsense that you write !?
https://ultrahd.su/tv/sony/kd-55xh9096-obzor.html
B right there is a picture for people like you)))

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
By the way, why a poor curling iron can only 120Hz in poor 4: 2: 2?)
I finally saw))) Because TV does not support RGB, but only YUV422 Sony themselves hint at what to connect to))))
In general, it's hard to argue about the obvious things, even on the screen "you are lying"!

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
What did you want to show with this sign? Availability of hdmi 2.1?)
How does this TV not support rgb, if two of my TVs in game modes support rgb?)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
if my two TVs support rgb in game modes?)
That is why you prove that you are NOOB! The TV converts the PC RGB signal to your own YUV420 or YUV422! Very rare LG TVs support RGB because it is unnecessary, all content from DVD to 4k Blue Ray YUV420 and newer ones went YUV422.
I advise you to smoke the mat part on TV, otherwise you have already dunked there nowhere else.

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83 TV
sets in "TV" mode really have a limited color space of 4: 2: 2, but we're talking about TVs as game monics)
So will you show me a TV set that is capable of delivering 4k 120Hz in games? Or will we continue to walk around everything except the very subject of the dispute? I will be satisfied with any TV set for any grandmother, but so that when you connect it to a PC in the section related to resolution, the resolution is 3840 * 2160 and the refresh rate is 120Hz)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
There is a difference between connecting in "PC mode" and "console mode"! In PC mode, many functions may be limited because this is not a Sony monitor. It's only LG there that supports G-Sync and stuff.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
There is no dispute, you think that by connecting a TV to a PC you will get all the functions of the TV, but it will probably be a discovery to find out that Sony limits the functions of the PC on its TV sets))) About LG, it is better there is Nvidia support at the hardware level.

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
Here, I found at least something intelligible on this issue, yes, I admit, I was wrong, such telly began to appear, but, again, the price is already comparable to bfgm, and the need for 120Hz at 4k is questionable, because there is no such gland)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
Well, I don’t know a normal TV set should cost $ 1000, but with such functions as the Sony XH90, competitors have nothing, OLED LG costs $ 1500-2000, and if you take Samsung Qled 4k / 120Hz, then there are generally prohibitive prices.

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
Everything is very difficult here with the selection, for some reason your sleepyhead according to tests for some reason does not know how at 4k 120Hz, and the ski already knows how, but not always and not every, although the models seem to be very close in prices and series, in short confusing)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
does not know how at 4k 120Hz, but the ski can already
because these TVs were tested in September 2020 before the firmware updates and HDMI 2.1 and his function and PS5 were not then.
Here is the firmware and 4k / 120Hz, damn it, I'm too lazy to look for obvious things)))
"Added support for the 4K 120 Hz signal for PS5"
https://www.sony.ru/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xh90xx_x90xxh_x91xxh_xh92xx-series / kd-55xh9096 / downloads / 00017126

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
Yes, I'm not talking about pine trees, nobody needs them, I'm talking about pc)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
On PC only at 1080p 120Hz here's the instruction! And on PS5 4k / 120Hz they don't care about PC, they have monitors for PC.

G
Gefor_sik 01.02.21

Protocol10
Man, what kind of monitor are you using? If it's not a secret =)

P
Protocol10 01.02.21

Gefor_sik is
not a secret, while phillips is momentum 326m

X
X_ray_83 01.02.21

Protocol10
So you got HDMI 2.0 in your monitor !?

P
Protocol10 01.02.21

X_ray_83
Yes, that's right. It says right on the menu. HDMI 2.0 (three ports) and one unnumbered DP.
Well, the essence is this. I can't figure out why when HDMI is connected, HDR turns on in only 8 bit mode. I understand that HDR should work in 10 bits. If you connect the DP port, then you can change it to 10 bits in the Nvidia firewood, but the picture is faded. In short, I still do not understand how HDR should work in 10 bits and 4k. I thought because of the cable maybe there was a problem.
As a result, I do not see HDR 600. Well, that is, it seems to turn on, but to everyone I show, they say there is no difference, on the contrary, HDR is worse than HDR, the colors are faded.
And 10 bits should seem to give a billion different colors and it should be clear from 10 meters that a movie or game in HDR works.

X
X_ray_83 01.02.21

Protocol10
"but the picture is at the same time faded" The
picture is faded because the chromaticity is set "Abobe RGB" is an extended color gamut only professional monitors can use it. In some monitors, they cheat and at 8-bit HDR works, but then a trick ((((
It's just that Nvidia is not very friendly with HDMI, so you have to configure everything manually!

X
X_ray_83 01.02.21

Protocol10
That is, after each change from "sRGB" to "Adobe RGB" or vice versa, you need to reboot the PC. It just doesn't turn on in Windows.
On AMD cards, it is easier to change this than on Nvidia, so try to pick the color in the monitor settings when connecting DP 1.4
Try the program from Philips SmartControl Software adjust the color there
https://www.philips.co.uk/cp/436M6VBPAB_00/momentum- 4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow / support

X
X_ray_83 01.02.21

Protocol10
And here they write about Dysplayport 1.4 that it "is"
https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-326m6vjrmb/
And here is Dysplayport 1.2 which does not support HDR and 8-bit matrix + A-FRC and not 10 bit as they write everywhere!
https://obzor.one/blog/philips-326m6vjrmb/
In general, marketers themselves got confused along the way in the characteristics.