3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
A.Soldier of Light 29.01.21 01:44 am

Film - The Tenet (2020)

Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and others
Production: Syncopy Films / Warner Bros. Pictures
Duration: ~ 150 minutes
Budget: $ 200 million
Gross (world): $ 363 million (at the time of this post)
Release year: 2020

Excellent film, no less interesting than the masterpiece of 2010 "Inception". Philosophy, science fiction, action movie, cameraman's work and soundtrack ... everything here is great, super.
Why such small fees, I do not understand.

I heard that it was difficult for some to grasp the essence of the film, they say, it is difficult to understand. It seems to me that the main difficulty is that the viewer constantly has to "break his brain", thinking about the reverse time (inversion). The plot is closely tied to this unusual concept, in this sense the film is original, I don't remember anything like that from the film industry.
So, time inversion. When passing through some super-scientific "portal" (a device that is called a "turnstile" in the film), a person begins to move back in time. Very fresh, in my opinion, is the idea of ​​time travel. That is, it is not just stupid to enter the portal, and you already appear out of nowhere last year, namely the process of the reverse flow of the time spiral for a single individual or object. Moreover, the person or object himself is in a common space, so to speak, but we see him as if he is moving back. For example, he walks backwards, jumps in reverse order, eats a cigarette, etc.) And if it is an explosion, the opposite process occurs: not heat transfer, but heat intake from space ... In general, a super idea for a film, I am delighted)
And therefore the film is super. IMHO of course.

Next story spoiler And later the viewer sees the previous scenes in the story from a different angle. For example, with whom did the two years fight, being in the vault of valuables at the airport? With one of gg (black). That is, at one point in time there are already two (and even three) versions of one personality! As they say, try to understand who how and why ^ _ ^

It is absolutely clear to me that it is precisely these scenes with moving into the past by means of inversion of actions that make the viewer puzzle, some watch the film again to "catch up with the meaning." It was clear to me all at once, but of course the film brings surprises in the plot, and that's good.

The film was filmed in different locations, partly filmed in Estonia in my city ...
Tallinn is shown in the following parts of the film:
1. the first minutes of the film ("Ukrainian opera", but in fact this is our Gorhall, as it is called)
2. 1-09 ... 1-22 (city streets)

screenshots These scenes were filmed here in the summer of 2019 ...

3 Comments
Sort by:
w
william1992 29.01.21

A.Soldier of Light
There is nothing complicated and incomprehensible in the film. You literally chew the whole essence several times and put it in your mouth.
Unfortunately, as a big fan of Nolan, the film disappointed me, as it had no zest and was not interesting. They simply show you this universe with its laws and explain them. Everything. No intrigue, no pressure. Filmed, too, somehow not in Nolan style. Not very epic and spectacular. In the second half of the film, I almost fell asleep in the aimax.
Well, the meme scene describes the entire depth of the film:
-all humanity will die. All living things
- even my son will die?

A
A.Soldier of Light 29.01.21

william1992 wrote:
There is nothing complicated and incomprehensible in the film.
Well, it was clear to me the first time, I just pointed out that there are those viewers who had to revise to understand;] The same was with the film "Inception".
william1992 wrote:
since it did not have any zest
Inversion is his zest, I personally have not seen this.
william1992 wrote:
In the second half of the film, I almost fell asleep in the aimax.
To whom ski, and who to cook cakes in the kitchen 8)

O
Okruta 29.09.21

There is at least one huge wicket-related blunder in the film. Is that why Neal had to close it, substituting himself for a bullet ?!