3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kay Ovald 29.01.21 02:18 am

Game Impression (Hades)

Well, supergiants have been going for a long time. Bastion of hours at 6, Transistor at 4. Pyro was already at 10 and there we first saw repetitions of the same, albeit with new dialogues. We saw how the plot suffered behind the implanted variety. But it was still beautiful in literally every frame, every mouse click.
Hades is completely completed in 40-60 hours (all achievements at least + the second final and additional quests) and there is practically nothing left of the plot as such. At least for those who, like me, in childhood, loved the book "Legends and Myths of Ancient Greece". Now, however, more and more people love "The Legends and Myths of the Bloody Scoop", so maybe the story of Hades and Persephone will be a surprise for someone.
Here, on the one hand, there is a well-known world and a plot, which is a minus, because this company perfectly turns out unique and beautiful mysterious worlds, and on the other hand, the rethinking of the ancient Greek myth turned out to be both recognizable and original, in fact ideal. But this is still a retelling, and not a unique story, as before.
It's also a roguelike where repetition is absolute. And the funny thing is that it is still beautiful in literally every frame, in every mouse click.
Yes, there is no plot. There is a main task - to get out of Hades (yes, again in the games of Supergiants we are running from somewhere). And you can get to the final in 10-15 hours. And if the game ended there, the score would be maximum. But after the first ending (with credits and a gorgeous song) there is another one and then some kind of frank crap begins. Not only are the additional tasks of the characters open AFTER the passage of the plot, so also their and the final task must literally, excuse me, be worn out. Even if you have fulfilled seemingly all the requirements, it can still appear in races after 50, even if the quest giver has nothing to say for a long time. That is, you can see how deliberately the issuance of the final quest (and the rest) is deliberately delayed and this is unforgivable.
Okay, for lovers of roguelikes, this will not be a problem, because as Hades's roguelike is almost the best roguelike in history with a huge bunch of diverse conditions for passing, but what about those who are not so interested in battles? Why should they jerk extra 30-40 hours !?
And the most zapadlo that you want. For in the best traditions of Supergiant Games, the game looks great, sounds great, captivates with an interactive House and gorgeous characters with whom you want to talk, talk and talk. Many, such as the Olympian gods, will be known, but there are also new ones. In my opinion, the characters, the voice acting, that is, the images of even characters already familiar from mythology are conveyed perfectly. As in previous games, there are heaps of nice little things that you never stop bumping into and enjoying. Well, the dialogues are just an unmeasured amount, and even after 40 hours they do not end and do not repeat.
Translation is mediocre, especially in terms of translating abbreviated names.
It's almost a perfect roguelike, but the problem is, it's a roguelike. I hope the authors will return to their origins, because if it goes on like this, some kind of MMO is in store for us ...
8/10
3 Comments
Sort by:
l
legusor 29.01.21

I've never seen a roguelike storyline in my life. it is conceptually incompatible in principle.
in the roguelike genre, this is the best game I've ever played. there is excellent visuals, serious attention to detail is paid, the highest replay value due to content diversity.
the art design and the huge amount of work done on the text deserve special praise.
then they shoved everything into the bagel in full and it works well everywhere.

W
White_Power01 29.01.21

hades loads the processor.

L
Listorel 28.08.21

The game is dynamic and very simple that it does not spoil it in the least since it is full-fledged (everything that is in it works).