3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 08.02.21 12:46 pm

Game Impressions (Nioh 2)

The game is out, share your opinions
38 Comments
Sort by:
g
gloccc 09.03.21

alex 19061967
The game is primarily for grind lovers, not for lovers of Japanese culture.

a
alex 19061967 09.03.21

gloccc
If, besides the grind in the game you did not see anything else in it, then this does not mean that the game is only about grind. There is a lot of information in the game, videos that you apparently did not watch or read, in a hurry to move on to the gameplay, there is and plot additions. Those who liked the game will see in it not only and not so much a grinder as an exciting adventure by your own character in 16th century Japan, learns a lot of new and interesting things about this era and country. , he will see in it only a grinder, without delving into the plot. Everyone has their own opinion.

g
gloccc 09.03.21

alex 19061967
Maybe because the plot in the game is the maximum krinzh? Therefore, over time, you stop paying attention to it. And I'm not going to read in the dojo, there are real books for that. Therefore, yes, this game is about the gameplay as much as possible, and in particular about grind, because this is its basis

a
alex 19061967 09.03.21

gloccc
This only confirms what I wrote earlier.

N
NuKoLb 12.03.21

alex 19061967
what history and culture? You mean there were youkai and all sorts of demons in reality?

a
alex 19061967 12.03.21

NuKoLb
Demons and Youkai is a mythology that is part of the culture and history of Japan, if you didn't know.

N
NuKoLb 12.03.21

alex 19061967
are not

a
alex 19061967 12.03.21

NuKoLb
Well, well.

A
AUX_dude 12.03.21

I just finished the game, if I briefly describe the essence - everyone who has entered the first part will enter this one.
Some moments have become even more annoying compared to the first part, namely the instant capture of your character by enemies, followed by inflicting on him, at first, a very large damage, then not very much with the right swing. Some enemies grabbed me so quickly that I did not have time to react, or I had time, but did not get into timing and the mob turned after me and grabbed me with telekinesis (hello Sekiro). Xs, maybe I'm such a brake, but in my opinion it's a little too much when some devil flies up to you on a supersonic one and grabs your ass. This is especially infuriating at the beginning, because there is not much hp, and the enemies will practically one-shot you. Then, somehow, it doesn't bother me so much.
The level design is poor for me, although there are very beautiful locks, but these fucking labyrinths sometimes wildly infuriated, such as the last main quest DLC The First Samurai, multi-level gut-like caves in which, apparently, the Minotaur must run somewhere. I wish I could find my way home through the same loka and look for the key there. Moreover, it is not difficult to find the path where you need to go on the quest, but sometimes it is not easy to find small green shitties (Kodama), you can skip one somewhere at the beginning and then rush back. I found 224 Kodama out of 225, I actually ran in one lock for about 20 minutes, I never found it, even with a Kodama sensor, and as a result I scored on Lastetsky.
Some bosses, of course, as is customary in this kind of games, are simply dishonest. I explain: the game has a confusion mechanic, this is when you hang two elements on a mob, or one element and purification / corruption, which leads to the fact that the mob stops stamina regeneration until the confusion effect wears off. At this time, specifically, bosses cannot go to dark relm, where your stamina regen slows down, and dark relm does not end until you salt the enemy (in the game, salt knocks down stamina for youkai mobs), well, or just attacks you won’t knock him stamina to zero. So some bosses wanted to shit on it, because as soon as they run out of stamina, even if confusion hangs on them, they immediately go to dark relm and take off all debuffs, that is, everything. The question arises, for those who did not play the offc, well he threw it off and threw it off, damage it further, what is the problem? And the problem is that while the boss has stamina, the damage on him is very reluctant, plus dark relm itself is unpleasant due to the reasons described above. So, if you have a build tied to hanging confusion per CD, you will be picking the boss without it. On some bosses, confusion is generally anril, because they have resistance to everything, except, most often, only one purefing. But that's okay, usually these bosses don't have too much HP. For some bosses, in my opinion, just those who have resists to everything, it is very difficult to demolish stamina in principle, because they will simply regenerate it immediately, sprinkling themselves with a dark puddle in which stamina is restored. Stupid farming, zadrachivanie the same boss in order to knock out the desired blueprint / skill from him, this is straight kumarilo, wild random, what you need can fall right away, may not fall from 50 or 100 trays. Maybe this is just my problem, but some mobs really cause disgust and even gagging, such as a cart with an evil hare, or mutant crabs with no less vicious hare on their shell. Just look at this creature, it looks much worse in the game - https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Oboroguruma
One mob can puff up on you, imposing a stench and under the stench, when using the Persian's health, it staggers for a second in place.
Self-repetition of bosses, some bosses migrated straight from the first part, since there are not too many of them. Sides with bosses from main quests, in principle, is good that there is, but it's good only when you need to grind something from this boss, otherwise you don't need it.
High dependence on consumables, I would even say that consumables are necessary here, because they greatly simplify your life, not that this is a very fat minus, it's just that there are a lot of consumables and a lot of useful ones, so even four shortcut tabs are not enough for everything, what do you need. The same can be said for magic. Even if you are never a magician (like me), it is still highly desirable for you to pump magic, because there are talismans and passives that are very useful for a melee officer. So that you understand, magic only swings when you use it, or when you find the severed hair of magicians (when using them, skill points are given for branches of development, including for magic). I did a few races on Deidrabotti, the fat boss and showered him with all the magic there was, and then doh, so as not to finish the quest,
Good luck remembering the names of the minor characters, because I never remembered a single name, except for fairly well-known personalities or some characters from the first part, such as Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Mistress Tyatya (for some reason I thought that Tyatya was Dad or Uncle at first, only then I remembered that it was generally a girl). In reality, in some moments they say that this or that chelik threw back his hooves / went to war against someone / betrayed, and I sit and do not understand who we are talking about at all.

Of the good, in principle, everything is the same as in the first part, but better.
The plot is, in principle, not bad, I did not even yawn on the rollers and read the text before and after the mission, read the descriptions of the characters and youkai, which already says that I was interested. I will not say that I am a direct fan of Japanese mythology and history in general, but as part of the game I liked watching this. Also a small note for those who think that this is a prequel to the first part. Yes and no. This is both a prequel and a sequel. some of the events take place before the events of the plot of the first part, and some after. DLC generally throws further and further into the past, where the fact of where the youkai came from is revealed, their nature is explained (a little superficially for me, but enough to understand the essence of mixing). I will hold back further explanations, because these will already be spoilers.
Some bosses now, in addition to gear and blueprints, drop scrolls with special skills, and these skills must be said very much. Like a sword skill, when a Persian kneels down and moves around him in a small area. This was very useful when a bunch of mobyas were sitting next to each other. I just flew into the crowd on a yolo and tried this skill. Trifle cuts immediately and to death, stronger mobs damages well. The attack has a hyperarmor, which, in my opinion, can only be knocked down by bosses. In combination with the talisman of extraction and properties in clothes for healing from the absorption of amrita, you can safely get it in a pack and then heal at the expense of the killed trifle. This is just one example, the game is full of skills that can be combined in chains from combos, without leaving windows for mobs to attack people at all, and most youkai mobs are annihilated from one combo chain in just one stance. By changing the stances, you can very effectively chop any ordinary mobs into cabbage without any problems. There are skills that are slow in execution and very damaging, the ending of which can be interrupted by dodging in youkai form, which allows you to continue the combo chain or avoid oncoming splashes. I played only with dual katanas and single katana, the game has a lot of weapons and a lot of skills, a lot of variety, a huge reserve for replaying if you want. The content is perhaps not enough for such a wide variety of abilities. In general, I liked the game, although in some moments I swore at the developers with bad words, but for such games this is normal. There are skills that are slow in execution and very damaging, the ending of which can be interrupted by dodging in youkai form, which allows you to continue the combo chain or avoid oncoming splashes. I played only with dual katanas and single katana, the game has a lot of weapons and a lot of skills, a lot of variety, a huge reserve for replaying if you want. The content is perhaps not enough for such a wide variety of abilities. In general, I liked the game, although in some moments I swore at the developers with bad words, but for such games this is normal. There are skills that are slow in execution and very damaging, the ending of which can be interrupted by dodging in youkai form, which allows you to continue the combo chain or avoid oncoming splashes. I played only with dual katanas and single katana, the game has a lot of weapons and a lot of skills, a lot of variety, a huge reserve for replaying if you want. The content is perhaps not enough for such a wide variety of abilities. In general, I liked the game, although in some moments I swore bad words at the developers, but for such games this is normal. The content is perhaps not enough for such a wide variety of abilities. In general, I liked the game, although in some moments I swore at the developers with bad words, but for such games this is normal. The content is perhaps not enough for such a wide variety of abilities. In general, I liked the game, although in some moments I swore bad words at the developers, but for such games this is normal.

s
super leech 12.03.21

For 2 hours of playing, my patience is running out! But I'll still play, maybe I'll go more than 2 meters))

N
NuKoLb 19.03.21

super leech
play with brass knuckles, easy to pass

s
super leech 19.03.21

NuKoLb
hmm ok check

K
Kvasilich 19.03.21

What I wrote there a month ago about a versatile combat system with three stances, a bunch of movements, the broadest pumping and worthy competition of the soul line - all the lyrics. In miles, the game is played simply by spamming one single attack from one stance. In my case, it was an overhead power attack with an ax (a triple thrust of the spear from the middle stance is even easier). With a charged bambi, restoring hp with a strong blow - so in general a kindergarten, the passage of any mission and any boss turns into a stupid X that vin. I didn’t want to go through.
pysy. developed, of course, on DLS rested - reused all the remaining content from the first part, which was not reused in vanilla - sea cthulkha, foxes, frog princess, manticore, uncle Kelly ... The scene with the cat in the second DLS is generally one to one tracing paper from the first Nioh) And to top it off, they pushed Otakemaru again (Ivan the Fool), + the same Otakemaru, only a little updated (Ivan the Fool on the gray wolf). In this regard, Nioh1 was more original.

A
AUX_dude 19.03.21

Kvasilich
There are still all sorts of one-shot builds, you can safely play Isich through magic, but here is a matter of choice. You can take conditional duals, throw confusion on the boss and spam him with the ability in the upper stance, on the pad from the box it is LB + Y (clamping). This garbage is from the first part, some even say "burst or be bursted", that is, roughly speaking, many people think that in this game either you one-shot, or one-shot you, which in principle is true in some cases. I think that the fact that the game provides a choice in conditional difficulty levels is good, fans of jerking combos are more than happy with a wide selection of weapons and abilities, fans of one-shots too, the game gives you all this. Another question is whether you want to play with the first, or with the second option. I play with the first one, it gets me to change stances and carry out different combos, Now I'm learning to change the fluff "on the go" to continue the combo with her, so far I'm not tired of it. The only thing is that after the passage of NG and DLC on NG + bosses are just wadded, I'm already silent about ordinary mobs, and the loot is shit. In the DLC, celestial equipment poured very well, and on NG +, God forbid, it will drop from the boss, well, sometimes they even give it for completion, sometimes it falls from the chests, it does not please at all.

a
alex_jay 19.03.21

If someone thinks that MHW is a nerd grindilka ... it's just that another build can be assembled on the 3rd difficulty level, (they are the same paths), at best, you need to kill half a day ...
You forge your clothes and weapons with the necessary features, then you go to hardening and there you already replace some of the features, (and this is all the fiercest, spend a million gold like you do not have to do) then you forge your gloves so that they would have unlimited ninjutsu / ammunition / ommedo and Attack Power (necessarily, in any case, you need an Attack Power, there's no way without it.) (All this should still be in special brackets, so that when merging to transfer to the main gear.) testing ommedo, the maximum familiarity for these gloves and then, in the merger, transfer the feature in brackets to the desired item .... and so on for each item. The maximum level here (sort of like) is generally 700 for the character .... this is a complete nightmare, and not a game after the 2nd level of difficulty ... before it was a normal souls-like with flawed locations and a fig plot ..

x
xDarkSTALKERx 05.04.21

A good good game, the plot and this is the most important thing at the level ... about the complexity, well, yes, not simple, but if you have straight arms, brains, what to do in weapons and clothes with the necessary stats (to jerk locations in order to collect a complete set) .... and about the controls ... you got drunk, you don't have to climb 15-20 minutes in the menu, I set up the controls for myself for half an hour, everything is in the WASD layout + mouse, so the control here is not crooked, but if you not being able to remember that the Y icon is your Q button - then it's time for you to treat sclerosis. so the game is on 9/10

x
xDarkSTALKERx 05.04.21

AUX_dude
Regarding the kadama, in the first part there was only one he was not shown by the sensor, he was behind a wall that could only be blown up with a barrel, maybe here the last one is so shielded

a
alex 19061967 24.11.21

The second game of the already well-known Nioh series from the Japanese studio Team Ninja, published by Koei Tecmo in 2020, initially as an exclusive for PS 4, but in February 2021 was also released on PC. I am writing my review for the PC version. A great and atmospheric game that is both a prologue to the events of the first Nioh and its sequel. Nioh 2 gives the player the opportunity to create their own character, male or female, choose his appearance, which I personally consider a great advantage of the game, and send him (her) on an exciting journey full of adventures, battles and wanderings across 16th century Japan, covered the tumult of the war of the samurai clans, called the Sengoku era. In the course of the game, the character gets acquainted with real historical figures, participates in real historical events, albeit in a playful way, through the prism of rich Japanese mythology and folklore. The game gives the player an impressive amount of interesting information on the history, life and life, culture and mythology of medieval Japan. Historical personalities in the game look like real people, without signs of anime idealization - another plus of the game. In Nioh 2, as in Nioh, there is a hut, which can be decorated with Japanese decor - tea utensils, pennants with signs, to settle any guardian spirit obtained during the game. In the hut there is an opportunity at any time to change the appearance of your character, or replace it with another ready-made one, met during the game, although first you need to buy such a character in a secret teahouse (but it does not open immediately, but during the course of the plot). But there are some that are immediately available - William from the first Nioh and the ninja Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. Also, in the hut you can watch videos from the entire game as you progress through it, figurines of all human characters, starting with their character and further along the plot, guardian spirits, defeated youkai. There is also the opportunity to go to the dojo for training, honing your abilities, skills and reflexes. You can also improve skills in youkai form. At the blacksmith girl, you can create weapons and armor, merge them to improve, buy and sell all items. In the shrine, you can select and improve with the souls of defeated youkai from any of the received guardian spirits. Also, on the map, you can choose any task, storyline or additional at your discretion, leave the passed map or go back. The game does not rush or rush - everything is in your hands. The game has excellent graphics, great music, gorgeous videos, and the plot of the game is connected with real personalities and events in the history of Japan, of course, with a generous admixture of mythology and folklore. In general, I really liked the game and I give it a 9/10 on my own.