3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 08.02.21 08:27 pm

Slows down games when playing on TV.

I have such a question for the people, I have not found anything worthwhile on the Internet, so it was decided to ask here.
I have a PC with the following configuration:
i7 4790K
16 Gb of RAM
GTX970 video card a
regular 500 GB hard drive.
I play on a simple monitor that was bought in 2011 for 6-7 thousand, I don't remember exactly. For example, there is no HDR, and a resolution higher than 1920 x 1080 is not set.

The other day I took an inexpensive 49-inch 4K TV for 42K rubles, it holds 4K resolution, the frequency of 60 hertz is definitely there. I go to Fallout 4 on it, and even at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 it goes very slowly, as at low fps, does not slow down, but everything is very sluggish, for example, aiming at moving objects is not convenient.
Although the graphics settings are still the same, and the resolution is the same - 1920 x 1080 (I set 4K for interest - it's very beautiful, but I'm afraid to burn it) as when playing on the monitor, then why the brakes?
Yes, the image is much better, the colors are more saturated, as if colors were added, for example, the color black is really black, very deep, and everything is in the same spirit. On an older monitor, the picture is faded in terms of color and saturation.
But if you set the resolution lower, for example 800 x 600, then the game will go normally, cheerfully.
But I do not understand why this is so? On the old monitor in a resolution of 1920 x 1080 it works fine, and on a new TV in the same resolution the brakes, although the resolution is the same.
And even in Windows at a resolution of 1920 x 1080, the mouse arrow moves in slow motion, xs why. Does the increase in the screen increase the load on the system, even at the same resolution as on the old monitor?
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 08.02.21

Between the TV and the PC, the gasket is on the conscience of the TV manufacturer (restrictions).
Possibly works at 1920 x 1080 30 Hz.

P
Podvipodvertov 08.02.21

Marsj
I read reviews about my TV that I took, I don't know about the PC, but people play on the new PS5, write that everything is fine with them. There is what technology 100TruMotion is available, xs what is it.
The image still seems to slow down more, as if there is a lack of PC resources, there are no loops, everything is clear.

M
Marsj 08.02.21

Podvipodvertov
Load at 30 fps with a monitor and get it like on TV. You need to look for the inclusion of the TV mode, which removes the restrictions.

W
Wolfram carbide 08.02.21

In the TV settings, turn off the trumpet-type floaters and other garbage, because of them a giant input-lag. There is a separate PC or Games mode in the menu, so you need to set it first.

b
bazilews 08.02.21

Are the TV and monitor connected to the video card at the same time?

X
X_ray_83 08.02.21

Podvipodvertov
TV name are they all different with different technologies ???

P
Podvipodvertov 08.02.21

Wolfram carbide Sorted it out
thanks to your advice, thanks!
The TV has the "Games" settings, I found them, turned them on, everything began to work fine.
I also have an HDMI cable that connects a TV and a PC with a length of 20 meters, does it not matter, or is it better to take it shorter?

L
Listoman 08.02.21

Game mode, turn on and off all improvements that will still be active after turning on the mode)

S
Subaru MotorSports 08.02.21

Podvipodvertov The
type of cable is important, for 4K - 60 hertz, you need an HDMI Premium High Speed ​​cable, read the paragraph compare the types of HDMI cables.
https://ichip.ru/tekhnologii/chto-takoe-hdmi-sravnivaem-tipy-kabelejj-168492

In order not to burn the video card, just monitor the temperature, forcibly increase the speed of the cooler.

X
X_ray_83 08.02.21

Podvipodvertov
Yes, the length is important especially if there is HDR and so on, so 20 meters is HDMI 1.4 without HDR. And you need an HDMI 2.0 cable for HDR.

X
X_ray_83 08.02.21

Subaru MotorSports
The funny thing is that 20 meters is HDMI 1.4 while HDMI 2.0a cable is up to 10 meters!