3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mosqu1t 16.02.21 12:43 pm

D2 Years Later (Diablo 2)

Not so long ago, I was again swept by a wave of battles against evil and the salvation of the world of the sanctuary. After many years, I went through this game again (and not in one Persian). It was very interesting to fight shoulder to shoulder with comrades in the battlenet for peace and freedom and to eradicate evil spirits. We've been farming, collecting sets and creating powerful rune-worn armor. Having defeated Diablo, his relatives and henchmen, the question arose, what next?
After reading the forum a little, I was surprised that people farm the same location for hours, days, weeks. And actually, the question is, why? Why dress up and get things like anihilus (or whatever)? Is there any result other than "I have achieved this, I am a fine fellow / nerd".
Using the example of another game, for example la2, they farm ammunition to capture castles and territory, and then hold them. Or to get the title of the strongest - a hero. 90% of PVP had a meaning, apart from "who is cooler" - they mostly fought for dominance in a particular area of ​​the game.
So what is diablo2 farming for in 2021?
221 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grablin 16.02.21

looking for meaning in the game is a stupid idea, just have fun

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 16.02.21

Diablo is not won only by Dodiki, you win.

S
Sweety_Mustard 16.02.21

Mosqu1t
yes you are a troll XD They will throw you rare darts and ice blasts!

O
Obsessed 16.02.21

Why dress and get things
Mosqu1t, so as not to freeze, ofc, have you been on the street?

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 16.02.21

someone else sticks in such a big year so troll))

[
[_JENKA_] 16.02.21

Mosqu1t
all life for fun, so get it)

T
T-fox 16.02.21

And I like his style. Such an unobtrusive fintipers, what? There is a place to be.

O
Ondal's Wisdom 16.02.21

What's more, they play chess all their lives on the same board, nubas.

f
firkax 16.02.21

Mosqu1t wrote:
in 2021 I
propose to introduce a ban for trying to hang some hidden meaning on the numbers of years numbers and, in general, appeals to dates.

R
RomanDII 16.02.21

I completely agree, especially when I played the game in rags and I can even afford to clean up many of the main locations, even in torch and annihilation there is no need,
you can artificially make sense by deciding to perform the Holy Grail, but this is not a story for the server,

but people find meaning not only everyday farming, but also in many hours of daily trading,
although if you think about it, it's running around in circles - you knock cool things to sell them for cool runes, to make cool runnewords for yourself or buy even cooler things to knock cool things out faster - and what's in end? :) I don't even want to talk about steam locomotives, it's generally play masturbation)

p
passed 16.02.21

In the end, death.
The goal is nothing, movement is everything.
Wigs are just a part of the game, as are many other things that are done by the actual game means.
Try hts. Maybe it will make more sense. Or pvp. Although yes, right there, most likely, you have to "masturbate", unacceptable.

N
Nick Arzanyaev 16.02.21

Yes, let the nerds play at least all their lives.

R
RomanDII 16.02.21

passed
with the return)
yes, PVP, I think, is one of the main motivational components for wigs, farming, trade, finding a better combination, experiments, etc. But, IMHO, D2 is not particularly tailored for PVP and the accepted fair rules confirm this, but at the same time PVP gives more movement to the online game)

but yes, everyone determines for himself what, how and why)

O
Obsessed 16.02.21

IMHO, D2 is not particularly sharpened for PVP
RomanDII, urgently put on a helmet against rotten tomatoes; D

R
RomanDII 16.02.21

Obsessed,
everything is learned in comparison) I did not say no, but there are games that are better for this, and there is also a team PVP or whatever it is called)

f
firkax 16.02.21

this is not "d2 is not sharpened" but cowardly / lazy players who leave the game as soon as they see the host icon
that would make a timer for 60 seconds of motionless standing in front of the exit and the same for entering the city portal under the host - immediately pvp would have increased

T
T-fox 16.02.21

firkax
or fewer people on the server;)

M
Mosqu1t 16.02.21

[_JENKA_]
Thank you, I am enjoying life anyway : D I just wanted to know what kind of "pleasure" the D2 community finds in this game, in addition to the obvious - defeating all bosses. But it takes an incomparably small amount of time, in relation to how much people spend here. All communication in the game is reduced to "go to ...", as a result, there is no communication in the game itself.

Ondal's Wisdom
Please note that every game of chess ends with the victory of one of the participants. And also many winners receive a new category or even the status of "Master of Sports" and others.
What is the end of these trips to D2 to destroy the running pixels, except for mazol on the brushes? Walk hour after hour, day after day in the same location to get the coveted artifact. Which, in turn, is needed to farm another location hour after hour.

You don't need to call me "troll", I really don't understand what your motivation is? And, really, you can get pleasure by performing the same action many times, which, in turn, is not a pleasure in itself, and the result is doubtful or completely absent.

N
Navos 16.02.21

Mosqu1t
You are looking for the inscription "The End" in a game where it basically does not exist and cannot be. They play Diablo 2 online for the fun of the process and the implementation of chains of individual or collective "macro-goals" such as: "collect 100 ears from a firm" or "collect near-perfect BvC". In short, each has its own implementation of understanding.

M
Mosqu1t 16.02.21

firkax
firkax wrote: I
propose to introduce a ban for trying to hang some hidden meaning on the tsiferki of the year numbers and, in general, appeals to dates.
Please clarify what hidden meaning did you find in my message?
Considering that I formulated my question quite directly and specifically.