3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mosqu1t 16.02.21 12:43 pm

D2 Years Later (Diablo 2)

Not so long ago, I was again swept by a wave of battles against evil and the salvation of the world of the sanctuary. After many years, I went through this game again (and not in one Persian). It was very interesting to fight shoulder to shoulder with comrades in the battlenet for peace and freedom and to eradicate evil spirits. We've been farming, collecting sets and creating powerful rune-worn armor. Having defeated Diablo, his relatives and henchmen, the question arose, what next?
After reading the forum a little, I was surprised that people farm the same location for hours, days, weeks. And actually, the question is, why? Why dress up and get things like anihilus (or whatever)? Is there any result other than "I have achieved this, I am a fine fellow / nerd".
Using the example of another game, for example la2, they farm ammunition to capture castles and territory, and then hold them. Or to get the title of the strongest - a hero. 90% of PVP had a meaning, apart from "who is cooler" - they mostly fought for dominance in a particular area of ​​the game.
So what is diablo2 farming for in 2021?
221 Comments
Sort by:
f
firkax 28.02.21

Klassewer
Ignored, of course. So what? Are you going to use a dirty manipulative trick again - pulling one fact from the list and ignoring the rest? Here's another fact for you: the removal of experience for summons in ut, voiced by the Blizzards for patch 1.13, long before that was in other places, including pg. Thus, applying your own logic, we get the opposite - pg is the original for patch 1.13.
But the logic is certainly wrong and the conclusion is also wrong.

K
Klassewer 28.02.21

firkax wrote:
You're going to use a dirty manipulative trick
again. What do you mean "again"? You're confusing me with someone.
I am explaining to you why the majority considers 1.13 and off the server - "original". Once again - because ships (on PG) are allowed only with client 1.13, and there are changes from 1.13 on the server. Where was the first historically recorded cut of experience with samons in UT, no matter from the word at all. But the fact that here (on the PG) hammers with some joy do not ignore the resistance of the demons and undead, I shield that this is just what is called "monkeying".

And none of yours or the posts of the Admin on the forum will change the attitude of people to this server. For the list of the above reasons, most will consider 1.13 the "original", this is a fact.

f
firkax 28.02.21

you have double standards
on the server and in 1.13 there are coinciding differences from the older general original
where it was implemented by Blizzards earlier - you immediately attract attention
where it is the other way around - "yes it doesn't matter" to

consider the original there are grounds for the mechanics reservations since it exists in several equal variations), with an even greater number of reservations - 1.11
everything that is later - in this context there is no

F
FludoTron 28.02.21

The heading "IMHO FIRKA" was on the air. It is a pity that his verbiage will not make the pirate server the original, and still will not make it necessary for someone.

K
Klassewer 28.02.21

firkax wrote:
there are reasons to consider mechanics 1.10 to be the original (and then with reservations, since it exists in several equal variations), with an even greater number of reservations - 1.11
everything that comes later - in this context there is no way
yes
firkax wrote:
where it is it was realized by blizzards before - you immediately attract attention
where the opposite is true - "yes it doesn't matter"
I think it's obvious why. Because this is on the battlenet patch 1.13 and older, which is required for pg. And not on pg is the alt client, which is required on the off server. Well that is it is obvious that the PG is dependent on the off in whatever form it is. And there is no off from the PG.

R
RomanDII 28.02.21

firkax
we are not on the forum of philologists and you understood me perfectly and clinging to words only avoiding the essence of

firkax wrote:
pg appeared much earlier
this way resets were made, for more than 10 years you can update, but it is better, of course, to argue for words)

O
Obsessed 28.02.21

It's alive!
FludoTron, fuuh, a stone from the soul! ))

We have these thrown off the cliff.
passed, you - the employees? ; D

RomanDII, there is no need to argue, there is only "for words"))

f
firkax 28.02.21

RomanDII wrote:
we are not on the forum of philologists and you understand me perfectly and clinging to words is just a departure from the essence of the
Forum of philologists has nothing to do with it.
The bottom line is that there is no need to substitute concepts. Substitution of concepts is very bad.
Pg appeared earlier than your 1.13, and if anyone can be considered the original, this is pg (although as I already wrote this is also incorrect, but there are more reasons). The word "original" does not need to come up with some meaning of its own, it already has a meaning in common Russian.
If you want to write about the formality then just write - off / not off.

Well, or come on like this: I suddenly decide that the word "idiot" is a synonym for the word "RomanDII" and I will refer to you like that everywhere. And in response to your objections I will inform you, "yes, you understand that I am addressing you,

O
Obsessed 28.02.21

RomanDII, firk is clearly out of sorts lately. I don't even know why it would suddenly ...)

R
RomanDII 28.02.21

firkax
"No matter how she tried, she could not find a shadow of meaning here, although all the words were perfectly clear to her." (c) Alice in Wonderland
A lot of words about the meanings of words, in the game, what will change?)
I'd better go for the stats in the original, drop them, create a profitable build with good breaks for killing an elephant

R
RomanDII 28.02.21

Obsessed
recently?) Now the entrance to the forum with an explanatory dictionary, otherwise we will lose it)

O
Obsessed 28.02.21

RomanDII, do not forget to knock out more gold from grandmothers at a good time of day for you! ; D

otherwise we will lose it)
"Russia, which we have lost"; D

F
FludoTron 28.02.21

firkax wrote:
Well, or come on like this: I suddenly decide that the word "idiot" is a synonym for the word "RomanDII" and I will address you like that everywhere.
There should be a ban here, isn't it? Is Moder here? ) A couple of drops of Corvalol would not hurt

R
RomanDII 28.02.21

FludoTron is
just like in a joke)
- Hello, dear, just the radio said that one idiot is driving in the opposite lane. Be careful.
- One? Yes, there are thousands of them!

O
Obsessed 28.02.21

There should be a ban here, isn't it?
FludoTron,
- Help! Hooligans are deprived of sight!
- Whats up? Oh, everything is all right. "© ;-)

Mosqu1t, why is the topic called so scanty? I had to add" ..in the toilet ": D

q
qwerty1999 28.02.21

firkax wrote:
In the original - no. Where she drops is not the original.
It turns out the Original (with a capital letter you probably need to write) for you is this 1.0 version or some beta? Why then install patches at all?

Firk, really, where are you from?

O
Obsessed 28.02.21

qwerty1999, you touch the Ancient Evil ...

f
firkax 28.02.21

qwerty1999 wrote:
It turns out the Original (with a capital letter you probably need to write) for you is this 1.0 version or some beta? Why then install patches at all?
The original is a relative concept. The most original is yes, some kind of beta unfinished.
1.00 is obviously the original for everything that is now. But I think 1.10 too, because no side branches from 1.09 are currently playing, with rare exceptions. But 1.00 is more original and original for 1.10 too.

qwerty1999 wrote:
Why then install patches at all?
Obviously, patch 1.13 must be installed in order to start up on pg (from 1.12 and earlier it will not start up).
But in general, the question is left. Patches are put not because of originality, but because they want what they give. The fact that 1.00 is the original does not mean that it is the best and desirable. On the contrary, this is a crude ancient version, in fact, beta, which should be set only for the purpose of a historical excursion. This is again a substitution of concepts. The original is just the original. It is not necessarily better than the rest, it is not necessarily officially announced somewhere, etc. Let's just remember this and call everything by its proper names and not just randomly.

For Blizovsky 1.13 and for pg, there is definitely a common original - this is 1.10 without a world event. Further the paths diverge, somewhere they have common features, somewhere they do not, and none of them are original for the other. Although, of course, I will not deny that there are a lot of Blizzov innovations regarding this base (1.10 without a world event) on pg, but they are selectively, not always in the same form, and there are reverse cases when on pg something that appeared earlier.

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 28.02.21

The original is what the Blizzards do, because they have the copyright for the story and the content.

q
qwerty1999 28.02.21

firkax
You even as Gorbachev say,
firkax wrote:
The original is just the original. It is not necessarily better than the rest, it is not necessarily officially announced somewhere, etc. Let's just remember this and call everything by its proper names and not just randomly.
You defined a concept by reference to the concept itself. When this happens, it means that there is no sense in the phrase.