3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LayTam75 16.02.21 12:43 pm

Funky flashlight control (Little Nightmares 2)

At the very beginning of the game, I was embarrassed by the inscription "it's better to play with a gamepad", well, you think, we were jerking DMC 3 on the keyboard, what could go wrong here ...
And the fact that the game has a location in a hospital with dolls that move in the dark , the only way to stop them is to shine a flashlight.
And okay, one enemy can be "frozen", but when there are several of them, and they are coming from different directions ... oh-ho-ho, you are totally fucked up. Controlling the camera using the arrow keys is not an exercise for the faint of heart, believe me, 10 trays per corridor is the norm. But what else can finish you off is the requirement at the end of the corridor to grab onto the ledge or bend down, okay ctrl next to under the little finger, you will have time to press. But when you need to aim at the enemy behind you + control another enemy in front, and then you need, like a cowboy with the fastest hand, switch to a mouse - here already 20 tras are not a sentence until you jerk your hand. I'm leading to what - does anyone have any ideas on how to attach the camera to the mouse control, as they did with mods to nier? Then all the problems will be solved immediately, and you do not need to frantically hold the button while waiting for you to grab the mouse.
25 Comments
Sort by:
y
yukon35 16.02.21

LayTam75
The Easiest Way to Buy a Controller from Xbox! And there won't be any problems.

L
LayTam75 16.02.21

In short, if you are very ** a **, then assign "grab" to the enter

J
Jay c 16.02.21

yukon35
I agree 100%! Has already fully justified itself in many games!

J
Joker1917 16.02.21

Yes, it's hard to control a flashlight without a joystick. In fact, it was conceived so that you could easily turn it around in a circle, but you can't do this with arrows, so consider that you are passing at a high level of difficulty.

S
Sprintin 16.02.21

maybe someone will be useful.
the flashlight is controlled by the right mouse button.

N
Norm112 16.02.21

I can't go through this crap with a gamepad for an hour! I will develop my hands to tear off and give a flashlight

S
Snite_Poerti 16.02.21

Guys give advice on how to get through a dark room full of mannequins, turn the flashlight clockwise like a helicopter (just smoothly rotate the mouse without stopping) and walk naturally near the screen slightly adjusting the movements up and down, this method was calm with 5 attempts, there is only one dude halfway through it, it will be purposefully necessary to light up for a second and go again and twist the mouse in all directions. (And let the developed ones burn in hell for such a management implementation)

S
Sickamy 16.02.21

Help people) climbed in the internet and did not find anything. After the burning of a man who was crawling on the ceiling - the elevator bugged) and start the chapter again dumbly because of the "flashlight" on the keyboard, who can throw off his save if this moment has passed

A
Avtosvet Nevinnomyssk 16.02.21

Sickamy
I can throw off, I just passed this lock

J
Joker1917 16.02.21

Sickamy
Try to start from a checkpoint and that's it, it was like that too, but I've already completed the game, no save

S
Sickamy 16.02.21

Avtosvet Nevinnomyssk
thanks, it has already somehow passed)

F
Filimon1 16.02.21

There is a save right after the problem level with a flashlight and dolls. Link to the archive in the file hosting https://my-files.su/z2o7su

H
Hudson 22.02.21

For me, the whole anecdote is that I went through the whole game using an xbox controller, except for this room with dolls, because if you think that it is more convenient to use this rubber pipette flashlight, you are cruelly mistaken. I didn't understand the principle of operation of this second stick at all: no matter how I crumple it, it shines first on the floor, then on the ceiling. Perhaps due to the fact that I rarely play with joysticks, but I practiced in an empty room - it does not shine where necessary. I tried to go through this hall 11 times, they catch all the time, spat, put the gamepad aside. The keyboard passed the second time - with the RMB held down, the flashlight is directed by the mouse wherever you want and you hold down ctrl at the end. Then he continued with the gamepad again. Actually, this is the only creaky moment in the game.

K
Kay Ovald 22.02.21

Likewise, it burns monstrously simple. I tried both on the stimulus controller and on the keyboard, as a result I play the whole game on the controller, and this place was on the keyboard, and even then with a creak. At least return the money, damn it.

S
Sanches64 28.02.21

LayTam75
And what is the actual problem? flashlight and so you can twirl the mouse the question its sensitivity is overestimated!

S
Shamanok 28.02.21

Hudson
In general, it should be so that when you come up to these weirdos with hangers (or whatever they should be called there), the lantern is directed at them, and not at the ceiling, at least for me

S
Shamanok 28.02.21

In short, I went through it, you just have to try to put them in one corner and better with the controller and then just lead

t
thesmilex 28.02.21

the game is good, but these moments with the lantern are really dull and can spoil the impression of the game, if it's hard for someone / want to replay the game / chapter, then you can easily skip these moments with a lantern, just look at the skips from the speedrunners.

T
TITTO-Pro 28.02.21

Krch, in order to simultaneously run in one direction and shine in the other, you need to put: "look left" and "look right" - on other buttons. For example, I put these two parameters on the side buttons of the mouse ...
And that's it ... The problem is solved ...

L
LordZmei13 06.03.21

Despite the fact that after going through the hospital 20-30 times I really wanted to put a developer of this level on the cookan.