3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sanya Groks 22.02.21 03:23 am

Cry of Fear Mod (Half-Life)

I've been waiting for them for a long time. What do you think will not come out?
126 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alert 22.02.21

not

H
Happy psycho 22.02.21

Kid, don't be insolent: D I still hope for Barney's Tales and I'm waiting for City Hrenteen.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Hmm, Arrangement is generally a strange story, I would not wait for it ... Developers will either occasionally rivet his releases or not. I remember two preliminary "releases" of this project. One - in the form of a multiplayer with 2 maps and a bunch of guns, the second - in the form of a demo-dough-singleplayer with a couple of cards and again, a bunch of guns)) MB, there were still releases, I don't follow the development of mods too much now.

And about the Edge of Fires, I have not heard at all.

p
pancakes x_X 22.02.21

cry of fear released - MOTY

A
Alert 22.02.21

not

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear
Cry of Fear is an amazing mod! I just started playing, but I'm already sure that this is one of the best mods, if not the best at all. It weighs a lot - 1.6 GB, unpacked - 2.8 GB, moreover, the most annoying thing is that with this size, GRAPHON is not observed. But he is not needed here, GRAPHON is masked by noise, atmosphere of fear and gameplay; and the models are of high quality. How did they manage to make models with luminous parts? And the animation of the player's interaction with the stairs? In general, technologically this mod is head and shoulders above all the previous ones.
The mod itself is gameplay and atmospheric reminiscent of Silent Hill, especially parts 1 and 2. When I first started playing CX, I didn't like the third person view. KOF is just the illegitimate son of SH and HL, who has absorbed everything I would like from such a hybrid.

In general, I recommend it. I will only warn you that the mod may be unusual for a half-man, they shoveled it quite a bit. There may also be bugs, for example, I started playing, then accidentally clicked on New Game (usually at the top there is Resume Game, so I clicked out of habit), and then they removed it - I had to play first. So the code for the door, the infection, for some reason did not fit (the code is generated automatically), I had to restart the game ... The mod is only for Stimovskaya CL, and not any will go to pirate, only to the last one (I downloaded somewhere in the past year CS with the freshest patches - for Action CL and Natural Sale - just started on it, launched a batch file).
Well, of course, when passing through you need to be careful, look at both the floor and the ceiling, although this, perhaps, applies to many mods;)

O
Orleano 22.02.21

The mod is excellent. The atmosphere is amazing) I especially liked the beginning where you need to walk with a fotik)

T
Tupas 22.02.21

Yes, it looks more like another game than a mod.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

And these sreens KrayofFir turns into krivofir:

1. http://pix.playground.ru/278556/48284/645936/

often noticeable in the game such a bug as a failure of weapons under the surface of the floor - often remains the only noticeable edge, and sometimes subject and is not visible at all - especially for syringes. So be careful, do not put objects that may still be useful to you on model boards / pieces of paper, try to shift weapons to places where they are most noticeable.
It is rather strange that the bug is irregular, in the same place different objects can behave differently, for example, I had such a case that the glock went deep into the floor, and the fuse (fuse, not sure how to translate it correctly, electric "traffic jam" or something like that) - no.
Perhaps this bug can be called the most serious omission.

2. pix.PlayGround.ru

So, a trifle, the map is mirrored.

3. pix.PlayGround.ru

And this is the most interesting bug of the crank, I got this beauty after minimizing / expanding the game (and I did not do it myself, the Internet was cut off, because of which the connection window popped up). Moreover, earlier I had to minimize the game, but such consequences were not observed.

4. pix.PlayGround.ru

The strangest bug of the game - for some reason beautiful waves reflecting light on the surface of this lake, or bay, are visible only through the bars of the grating - WTF? Otherwise, only the black surface is visible (except for the beautiful lamppost reflections on the other side). This bug was observed only here.

5. pix.PlayGround.ru

Lighting glitches: going downstairs resulted in an instant, sudden darkening of the screen.

That's all for now, I haven't seen any more bugs, or at least I haven't screened it. KoF is surprisingly bugless.

During the game, I had a question - in which country does the game take place? I asked this question all of a sudden when I saw a car with the inscription "POLIS" instead of [s] Orthodox [/ s] Protestant "POLICE":

pix.PlayGround.ru

It turned out that the inscriptions in the city resemble German ones (there are letters with colons above them, which are called umlauts in Deutsche) and typical combinations of the SCH type (for example, the word SCHEMAN, the "scheme" of classes in the university that we visit in the game - by the way, the most original and interesting location of the game, but also the most nerdy), but in the same place the police seem to be designated as "POLIZEI" ("policeman"?). Is POLIS a Danish word? There is a Dane in the main team, which becomes clear by looking at the "Translations" list (by the way, this list contains "Ketevan Bakhtadze - Russian", but for some reason Russian is not in the menu and game files).

Finally, another funny inscription from the game:

pix.PlayGround.ru

V
V. Kruger 22.02.21

Hooray, FGD is back. About the place of action - Sweden, no? Although I am more suspicious of Poland, the Czech Republic and other Slovakia.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

And I'm glad to "see" you))

Sweden, not
In Sweden and Denmark the languages ​​are similar, indeed, it is quite possible, and then Norway can be written down, maybe even Finland (Estonia? ^^ '). Slavic countries, as for me, will be excluded, they do not have umlauts, but they have a lot of other diacritics (especially in Czech, letters c, r, s with birds) and unusual combinations (for example, the Poles have sz, cz, rz) , I think, if the action took place there, then at least some words with these combinations would have surfaced ... And I think instead of Scheman (that's really a typical Germanic word) there would be some word with Slavic roots, like rozclad some- Something (in Ukrainian "distribution" - "schedule") or something like that ... But of course, I could be wrong.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

I forgot to mention another bug: the syringes are thrown out one at a time, in the final scene I had only two of them (which were lying directly in front of the battlefield), throwing them out to pick up the valve from the floor, and again lifting them to improve my health, I found that the syringe there was only one left ... But it seems to have been fixed in the released patch 1.1 (it was released after only five days). I just downloaded it with the help of the Kofovsky executable - it downloaded quite normally, without any problems, despite the pirate, it weighs ~ 50 meters. The changelog includes, among other things, a fix for a bug with num_edicts and problems with co-op. We also added the ability to combine the VP70 with a flashlight / mobile phone (the Dual Wield function, which I discovered only in the middle of the game, shortly before raising the flashlight for the glock ... * facepalm *).

V
Vasentos 22.02.21

Guys, help me. We finished the game on Normal. We started playing on nightmare and ran into a problem. After passing, we opened the wierd package item and we don't know what to do with it. Help if anyone knows.
PS camera on nightmare - super)))

R
RicoChico 22.02.21

xDDGx
Action takes place in Stockholm.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

The action takes place in Stockholm.
OK, ATP!

after the passage, we opened the wierd package item and we do not know what to do with
it.Personally, I am HZ, I have only gone through Easy ...

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

Vasentos, xDDGx: you need to deliver this package to yourself :). This opens ending # 5, the most interesting storyline.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

This mod never ceases to amaze)

V
V. Kruger 22.02.21

Question about the passage. Ending with an unrecoverable pistol and a living Frame. Available: AR15 with two magazines, fully loaded, Glock with about the same amount of ammunition, four syringes, a cramped room and a regularly arriving crowd of very tenacious freaks (they hold at least 5 rounds from a machine gun). How, in fact, can I survive them and squeeze out four valves? I accept any advice.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Um, this is the worst ending, I just got it first (and so far the only one). In general, I had almost the same thing, only I had a p345 (2 clips in total) and a shot (16 rounds, if not less), and 2 syringes, which I raised in front of the room. What difficulty do you play? I played the easy one, but even then it was difficult. It's a pity that you didn't take a melee weapon, the only advice here is to save ammo and hp ... I had enough ammo for these monsters (they seem to be called Faceless). You, I think, should be enough too. They appear, as you understand, after you twist the valve: first, they hit you with boards and boxes (you need to run around the room so that you don't get hit, when you see that the boards are rising - bend over or vice versa, start jumping so that you don't hurt; I only survived this way, + use syringes, moreover, when the xn strip is almost empty. It is better to throw out the syringes one at a time, in different corners, so that none of them disappear), then monsters appear - try to stand so that at least the monsters on one side do not see you - A.I. the monsters are very primitive, so it is quite possible not to fall under their hand. The monster with the valve comes out last, try to kill him only when he enters your room, otherwise the valve may disappear - I had such a bug.
In general, that's all I can do to help. Well, do not forget that in addition to a firearm, you can hit with your hands with MOUSE 2 - you can, for example, fire 3-4 rounds at the Faceless, and then hit him a couple of times. Although this tactic is best used when there are only 2-3 of them left.

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

By the way, comrades. I am currently preparing a high-quality crack for the mod. The preliminary version can be viewed and discussed here:
http://cs-mapping.com.ua/forum/showthread.php?t=32210