3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sanya Groks 22.02.21 03:23 am

Cry of Fear Mod (Half-Life)

I've been waiting for them for a long time. What do you think will not come out?
126 Comments
Sort by:
T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

xDDGx
where + map c_intro?

T
Tupas 22.02.21

And it should be like this:
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.1/2.0.0.0 (valve)
Exe build: 16:05:41 Jun 15 2009 (4554)

+ map c_intro is needed in the launch parameters, but it won't help you anymore, you need a newer pirate.

C
Combine 999 22.02.21

Passed. Really great mod.
True, I was really scared only once - after killing the Frame and opening the door with a key card, when a zombie with three fused heads appears behind his back. Well, at the beginning, when this mug jumps out. I just didn't think that there would be such dirty tricks.
Of the weapons, I was pleased with the AR15 and the Glock with a tactical flashlight. Enemies include these suicidal ghosts and giants (tollers-trollers who prevented me from going through the door). But these:
pix.PlayGround.ru
I was strongly associated with shkolota. This is how I imagine it.
I also liked the credits. Original.

By the way, who picked up the AR15 when? I am in the third chapter, in a room from which a zombie with a chainsaw runs out, from which, in theory, you need to run away.
So: I lured him into an open space and, missing him, ran to the room from which he runs out, picked up the rifle and quickly ran to the previous map. After returning back, he disappeared. So, the question is: can you somehow legally get AR15 in this chapter? Or can you pick it up only in the fourth chapter, when you have to return for the fuse?
Oh, yes, I haven't found the revolver yet.

The strangest bug of the game - for some reason beautiful waves reflecting light on the surface of this lake, or bay, are visible only through the bars of the grating - WTF? Otherwise, only the black surface is visible (except for the beautiful lamppost reflections on the other side). This bug was observed only here.
I also observed this, but when it started to rain (after taking the fuse), waves appeared.

It’s quite easy to die in CoFe. I do
n’t agree. I died quite rarely on Difficulty, most likely due to the fact that I clung to life, knowing that if I die, I will have to go through something again, which I hate.

By the way, Alex is right, the mod is about Omsk. There is even an Omsk bird:
pix.PlayGround.ru

O
Orleano 22.02.21

Just passed) in general, the mod is excellent, frightening moments are really sometimes frightening in their surprise)) (especially at the beginning) I will gladly go through again on Nightmare difficulty)
Combine 999 The
revolver appears after killing the doctor, provided that you did not give him a gun)

C
Cvoxalury 22.02.21

The mod is poor. The desire to play beyond the apartments was completely repulsed, it is obviously interesting for perverts and a cynical schoolboy, because he himself is about a schoolboy.

T
Tupas 22.02.21

the desire to play beyond the apartments
was repulsed. And what was it that repulsed him?

C
Clockwatcher 22.02.21

My Cry of Fear hangs after the first Sawyer boss :( Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

P
Psychiator Vertigo 22.02.21

Clockwatcher

You downloaded the repack too, didn't you? =) Find another version. Best prescription xDDGx.

C
Clockwatcher 22.02.21

Psychiator Vertigo
Just find another version? And what kind of recipe is this? If you know, write, please, otherwise I have to reread the whole page)

C
Cvoxalury 22.02.21

And what was it that repulsed him so?

Decoration, notes, monsters, game mechanics, level design.

P

Clockwatcher You take

the mod itself on moddb http://www.playground.ru/redirect/www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear

This is a DDG

mod recipe only for Stimovskaya CL, and not every pirate will go, only the most recent one (I downloaded the CS with the latest patches somewhere last year - for Action CL and Natural Session - only I started it on it, ran a batch file).

on my Ãœber-pirate of the "last" KSa - if anyone needs it, my copy responds this way to the version command:

Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.6/2.0.0.0 (cstrike)
Exe build: 16:05:41 Jun 15 2009 (4554 )

That is, the version of the HL is 1.1.2.6, you can try to google "Half-Life 1.1.2.6" so as not to download too much.
And on the broken Steam, which is strange, the mod could not be launched - I tried, because on the no-stim the game gave me the error "No free edicts". In the end, calling the mod "krivofir" and googling, I found out that it is quite easy to start the game with the -num_edicts 2047 parameter. And to run with a broken Steam, a "Steambuster" is supposedly needed.

Well, you, my friend, give it. Wernicke's center in your brain is lame, you can't read the page? =))))))

C
Clockwatcher 22.02.21

Psychiator Vertigo
I was not even too lazy and looked at Wikipedia what the Wernicke center is) No, everything is fine with me, but I’ll repeat, I’ve broken to read everything) Especially since you gave advice on starting the mod, and I needed overcome the freeze at the end of the first chapter, so ... Set yourself in the center, my friend)))) The solution turned out to be the simplest, you just had to patch the game with the second patch, that's all)

i
igorrr37 22.02.21

> My Cry of Fear hangs after the first Sawyer boss: (Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
I changed the resolution to 800x600 ... PROFIT !!!

P

Clockwatcher To

listen to you, I should not adjust the center of sensory speech, but the center of extrasensory perception (and science does not know where it is). =) Because I could not imagine that you have not patched it yet. In addition, the patch did not help me, unlike you.

M
Mihhaa 22.02.21

I got an error in the walkthrough. Somehow I went through the game on normal and reached the moment of leaving school. There was a flight (the save was far away on the street next to the entrance to the metro). Then, after loading, the game was buggy, so to speak. The door into which I had to go (then after it a maniac with a saw runs after you) is closed as if I had already entered. I was not discouraged and started working on a difficult level and when I had to go to the chapter "the streets are fraught with danger" I got such a strange picture. All scripts were stopped as if I was running them. The mobs are all killed. The doors are open (as if everything remained from the last first game), the problem is only after going outside. How to fix?

B
Bloody body 22.02.21

try reinstalling

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

Russifier for "Cry of Fear" has been updated to version 1.35.1.

What's New:
- translation of updated and added patches 1.3 - 1.35 files;
- added some previously not translated files;
- minor fixes in texts and pictures;
- images of objects (for which a translation of textures on models was made earlier);
- Fixed an error with a message about missing framedyn.dll at the end of the installation process.

Details are all in the same place:
http://cs-mapping.com.ua/forum/showthread.php?t=32210

S
Sersh333 22.02.21

People pliz help, in Cry Of Fear the lantern does not shine .. and in the dark there is nothing invisible .. what to do?

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

Sersh333
Elementary. The mobile phone is used there like a flashlight. At the very beginning of the game, there is an episode with a camera, at this moment there is no mobile phone, as it is intended. Then, in the course of the game, you can find an underbarrel flashlight for Glock. Well, if you complete the game completely, and then another mission for the doctor, then for the next passage you can get yourself a gas mask that works like a night vision device. But for the first time you have to use your mobile phone. Well, sometimes they still give out improvised means - signal lights, a portable lamp.

F
Frost norde 22.02.21

The mod is worthwhile, especially inspired the co-op