3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21 03:37 am

The program removes black bars in the Witcher 2 (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

pix.PlayGround.ru

Flawless Widescreen (BETA :) allows you to remove black bars in The Witcher 2 on non-widescreen monitors (and on widescreen 16: 10 too). This does not stretch the image! Works on game versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

You can download it here: http://flawlesswidescreen.org/ Thanks to Demoniko from Kaer Morhen for the tip.

Instructions on how to properly remove black bars:
Download the program, drop it somewhere from the archive, run it. In the upper left corner, select the game The Witcher 2.
In the right corner, check the enabled box, select the desired version of the game (for example, if you have the Russian version of the game patched to 1.2, then choose 1.2 Retail / GOG).
Below are the options:
Remove horizontal stripes
Remove vertical stripes
Stretch thin
and so on.
Check the first and second paragraphs, the third is responsible for stretching the hood, the rest are xs.

That's it, now start the program, then the game and enjoy the absence of black bars. Alas, the more bands you had, the more FPS decreases, since the load on the video card increases and the thin one does not look very good, so we are still waiting for patch 1.3, which may fix this problem.

Screenshots:
Without stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru

With stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru
64 Comments
Sort by:
R
Romy4 22.02.21

The program works great. At first there is a strip in the menu, but not in the game itself. It looks like a super fan without stripes.

G
GamesKnight 22.02.21

And how much FPS is reduced when using this program? Anyone like, unsubscribe !!!

A
Arantir_3000 22.02.21

Bats123765
The topic should be read! People have already explained it logically and competently!
FPS decreases due to the fact that the video card processes a large picture. The program itself has absolutely nothing to do with it.
At 16 * 10, my performance did not drop at all. Without stripes, the picture is just a little larger.
If 3 * 4, then it will fall hard, because the picture will turn out to be one and a half times larger.
And it depends on the power of the computer. If it is medium, then the FPS strongly depends on the configuration, if it is powerful, then it depends less.

And what prevents you from trying it yourself? Prog a couple of MB, it's easy to download ...

S
SkyraX 22.02.21

MgVolkolak
No difference visible:
Hidden text [show]

A slight difference is visible only on textures that are initially of poor quality.

you made a screen a kilometer away from the textures, find a good texture and take a picture close

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
Everything works. SPS.

m
mmaximm 22.02.21

Do you always need to run the game with the program? I haven't downloaded it yet

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

Yes, always.

S
SkalderSan 22.02.21

Saw this program on the site of the dude who developed it. He's certainly great, but it's better to wait for the support off. It's a pity they didn't implement it in 1.2. I was sure they would. Looks like no luck .. waiting for 1.3.

ZY by the way. initially the program was made for a multi-monitor system :)

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

SkalderSan
better still wait for the support off
And who told you that it will be? It's in the blogs, someone blurted out and away we go.

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

Should be ...
Here: http://www.kaermorhen.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=view&sid=1281&pagenum=6

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Who, with the program turned on, has crashes during the game (like mine for example).
Here is the solution suggested by the developers (it helped me). Relevant for x32 operating systems (86).

Crash to the desktop while playing:
We recommend that you lower the graphical settings of the game. Sometimes, autodetection sets display parameters above the maximum allowable, this can lead to frequent failures.
If the problem still exists please turn off the "Depth of field" and "blur" in the graphics settings and follow the instructions below:
1) Go to Start - Run> and type: cmd
2) In the command prompt window that opens, enter: bcdedit / set IncreaseUserVa 3072
(if you need to return to the normal state, you will need to enter 2048 instead of 3072)
3) Restart your computer

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

I noticed a bug, the shadows from the sun when you rotate the camera move a little in different directions, apparently they are somehow specially tuned only to the 16k9 format.

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

MgVolkolak, I'm trying.

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

Crashes on boot, but where can I see if there have been any changes after entering this crap? in a conf or somewhere else? Maybe she didn't turn on stupidly?

K
Kuroi_no_Kenshin 22.02.21

There is a way to prevent FPS from falling, you can do this:
Go to the folder with the config, open User.ini and delete the [Viewport] term there. The image will be on the whole screen only thin stretched a little. (MyDocuments / Witcher2 / Confing / User.ini

K
Kavkaz01 22.02.21

MgVolkolak you have a game at 39fps is that without brakes ??? o_O

M
Morgoth bauglir 22.02.21

Kavkaz01
A human eye can distinguish a maximum of 24 FPS. If less then the brakes, more - no difference.

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

Morgoth Bauglir
A human eye can distinguish a maximum of 24 FPS.
+++
Kavkaz01
26, some. So 39 is comfortable! Or again we will measure pussies? 39 - definitely, no brakes. If there is a desire, not just an exclamation - post a screen / record of what you have

A
Arantir_3000 22.02.21

Morgoth Bauglir
A bit of an entertaining offtpa about FPS and the human eye
This is only if the frames from the monitor are ideally in time with the frames of the eye. Do you know such an effect as running stripes if you shoot with a camera from a TV ??? But both have 24 frames per second. And when from the monitor (60 hertz), then there are no stripes. It's the same with the eye. Even at 30 fps, slight twitching can be seen, more precisely, you can see that the subject moves across the screen in small jerks.
In short, I don't want to chew here for a long time. Read entertaining articles about comfortable FPS in games:
http://www.dpk.com.ua/content/20852#comment-105335
http://www.dpk.com.ua/content/20871
http://itc.ua / articles / skolko_fps_dostatochno_minimum_100_30181

By the way, for all you know, 24 frames is a banal stereotype, this is only the frequency that was adopted for the TV.
The human eye sees everything in real time. That is, constantly. each photon is captured by the eye. A person is able to notice what flashed in 1/220 seconds (and this is already 220 fps), just super fast changes are "smoothed" by the brain. Yes, in general, each person has his own. Pilots can recognize 1/220, and some will not notice 1/100.
more - no difference.
Well, let's say a person has 24 fps. In the game - 25. In total, the first frames will be comfortable, and the rest will be jerky. If you adhere to the standard of 24 fps, then for comfort you need to take only multiples of it: 48 - almost does not twitch, 72 - almost smoothly, 96 - generally cool, 120 - almost indistinguishable from real.

Valentos
Take it under the spoiler or make a "thumbnail", please.

N
No more drugs 22.02.21

Arantir_3000, OK.