3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
solus. 28.02.21 01:41 am

Failure to release patch 1.2 and \ "cracking CDPR servers \" (Cyberpunk 2077)

Qui prodest?

From the very beginning, it seemed to me that the story of stealing the source code from CDPR smells of lies and falsification. After the disappointing patch 1.1 was released, people realized that it was very difficult for developers to fix all the mass of flaws that they left in the released game. They promised to make up for this in patch 1.2 ... however SUDDENLY they have a "server hacking" happening.

I do not know how familiar to the young gaming community the phrase "fire in the warehouse before revision", but I think that Google will provide them with the necessary educational program to understand why I am mentioning it now. Yes, the perfect combination of circumstances to create a situation in which you can exclaim: "We are honest, we tried, but then a force majeure happened!"

I want to ask - has anyone seen a real confirmation of the stolen code? Yes, minor code snippets have been posted, which means absolutely nothing. Any development office can always donate such pieces. Yes, there were pretentious statements from a certain group "pay money!" and the bravado from CDPR "We won't pay for anything! You won't intimidate us!"

A few days pass - and the script develops according to the pattern that theater audiences, who have at least a bit of skepticism, have long felt: "We have to postpone the release of the patch because we have been hacked and now it is difficult for us to keep our promises."

And now I repeat the title of this post: "Who benefits from stealing the code?" ANYONE. Who benefits from fanning the hype about "cracking CDPR servers" ? The answer to this question is obvious.

Here's the short face of "The single-player company that the community hopes to save the gaming industry." Keep your pocket wider!
14 Comments
Sort by:
R
RicoChico 28.02.21

Now it makes no sense not to believe in the history of the hack. Now, if something happens again, you can think about it.

w
william1992 28.02.21

solus.
The funny thing is that they attribute the delay in the release of the patch to a hack. Like they had a single copy of the patch and it was stolen? And they have to do everything in a new way? Or are the people doing the patch investigating now? Or have their computers stolen?
Or what ???

D
Derley 28.02.21

It's just that this time the Reds decided to take it very seriously .. This is the only reason for the later release date of the patch ..

b
benites 28.02.21

Well, it will not come out now, but in a month. You might think someone is waiting for this patch like manna from heaven.

c
cheezette 28.02.21

solus. wrote:
the story of the theft of source code from CDPR smells of lies and falsification.
Indeed, they themselves decided to upload the source code of Gwent (and I will remind you that they go over the network) on the network. After these words, there is no point in reading further.

R
Real slim shady 28.02.21

For the sake of some patch to arrange such boron cheese? The game is playable and does not require super patches to complete the plot, there are jambs that are corrected by reloading the save, I do not see in this new super patch - super significance

S
Stalker608 28.02.21

when a break-in happens, first look for a hole. The first thing is done, all the work is blocked, after that the last protocols look, who came in, where. As far as I understand, this is the case. You can roughly fantasize that a week of development is spent on recovering files.

N
Neverwatch 28.02.21

Real Slim Shady wrote:
there are jambs that are fixed by reloading the save
So there should not be any jambs at all. And the cyber-paddle has a lot of them.

G
Givemethedust 28.02.21

From the very beginning it seemed to me that the author was carrying fat, but then I realized that it was mental.
The Poles have removed the game from gold. This is already a precedent and has been carried over and over again. Do you really think they need some kind of history to transfer the patch?

solus. wrote:
I want to ask - has anyone seen a real confirmation of the stolen code?
It's even interesting, how do you imagine it? Do you, for starters, have access to the resource where the topic with the sale of information was created? If you, after the news of the hacking appeared, would throw a proof, for example, that there is no such topic on this resource, that its creator is one of the SDPR employees, or, I don’t even know that the resource itself appeared "the day before yesterday" and is registered with someone either from the company or from the SDPR itself, then that would be proof. Well, or, in extreme cases, I would buy them and throw them here, but there would be nothing important. And so, in vain to shake and tear off the covers? I repeat, the Poles have removed the game from the gold, why should they transfer the patch?)

D
Denis g 28.02.21

Damn, yes, online cyberpunk is now 13 thousand (instead of more than 1 million at the start), lower than the ancient Witcher and RDR2. Does anyone really think players are waiting for this patch? Only incorrigible optimists and CDPR fanboys are now tormented by this shit.

s
solus. 30.03.21

S
SonyBoy5-2021 30.03.21

Denis G
Poor Martyr ... who watches over every bunch of Cyberpunk!

N
Neverwatch 30.03.21

SonyBoy5-2021
SonyBoy5-2021 wrote:
Who watches every bunch of Cyberpuck!
Well said xD

g
gosha1 30.03.21

Those who went with conspiracy theories drove up) Fix the foil hat)