3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lk29081993 09.03.21 05:12 am

Impressions (The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante)

Write your impressions of the game.
10 Comments
Sort by:
l
lk29081993 09.03.21

I'm sitting here playing and I had one question. According to the context, it is indicated that the qualities that we receive throughout the life of Sir Brante affect the subsequent life period. That is, technically, if I received great Determination in Childhood, in theory it should turn into Nobility or Resourcefulness. However, in Adolescence, the stats must be pumped from scratch. The question is, why is this? For in the context of the narrative, it is clearly written that the stats in certain years affect the entire narrative.

l
lk29081993 09.03.21

Correction after completion: The stats from Childhood and Adolescence add up to the final value in Adult life.

r
ruslan123451 09.03.21

Played for 10 hours - Nudyatina

i
ironHAMMER.ms 19.03.21

I played the game twice with pleasure, but there is nothing special to say about it. On the one hand, the game has an interesting setting, a good overall plot, I would like to separately note that the game does not take one side and tries to show the "truth" of both sides, which is quite rare in games, and not only in games affecting certain "revolutionary" themes. On the other hand, the game is extremely short, there is little content and the "RPG-piece" is frankly poorly done. I would not directly recommend it to anyone, but if the soul asks for something interesting, then full speed ahead.

requiemmm
In general, this is exactly why the oppressed people during the German peasant wars did not shower their feudal lords with corpses. Here is the general level of social development and the absence of leaders with at least minimal presence of any plans other than "killing all the nobles" and despite the fact that the name of the game says about the era of the fall of the Arkno empire, the empire is quite strong in the game itself.
Well, yes, about the army. In the game itself, nothing is said about the Imperial Legion, but from circumstantial evidence it can be assumed that it was invented on the basis of the Spanish army of the 15-17 centuries, and this is an extremely effective military education. Well, based on the fact that in the game even a commoner was able to enter a military academy and then reach a very high rank in the army, almost anyone can go to serve in the legion as an ordinary infantryman.

D
DoSirac 19.03.21

87 out of 100
Let's not talk about the pros, let's start with the bad.
A very dependent system for getting points for certain qualities. Even a system that changes during the game (in childhood and adolescence we basically choose any option, but in the world and uprising it is necessary to have a certain number of points) This does not help. Met an unpleasant bug during the passage It was also a little frustrating that the game does not scale correctly on large and medium monitors

A
Arpada 19.08.21

The game is interesting, but the promises about a changing world are, again, rather a loud promise than the truth, because the state of the world directly depends on the sliders with parameters where, going beyond a certain line of value, additional scenes appear that affect the future life of the protagonist in different ways. He passed after the judge (having died before the start of the uprising as a result of an unsuccessful underground struggle with one Arkn) and passed completely for the inquisitor. The difference in the passage is felt only from the third chapter at the stage of the event before the university and further, but all events, despite the choice, overlap with each other, and in order to get a complete picture of the characters that you encounter in the fourth chapter and then I recommend going through all three paths (unadulterated, inquisitor , nobleman's mantle).
From a personal point of view, I want to note that the most difficult thing in this game is your family. It will not be possible to please everyone, just understand this right at the beginning of the game and better think about how it will be best for your house as a whole, because the key events in your house directly depend on the cohesion of your family and the ability to maneuver in the right choice. For a nobleman, I was biased on the side of a couple of people, which is why I got the worst version of the family, however, playing as an inquisitor and being more loyal to everyone, I got the best version of the family.

My final assessment of what I got in two passes is 7/10, despite the fact that the plot of the inquisitor seems to me so far the most interesting, but let's see what happens when passing for the unsuccessful one.

E
Enmer 20.02.22

Wow. Just wow.
You can talk for a very long time about what I felt and what I generally experienced, but this is WOW.
I achieved the same WOW effect only in Disco Elysium.
I was happy, perplexed, really sad and spent the whole night on the passage and now being at the end, before the court, I don’t know what to answer the question “Are you grateful to your gods for the life that you lived”. I just don't know, I'm shocked.
Of course, there was not enough voice acting, in the same Elysium disco everything is voiced, I hope they will make a full-fledged voice acting here.
I didn’t finish it a little with additional inserts outside the book, which would mark events that could have been woven into the book.
In principle, I was satisfied, but I don’t know what to answer the gods, I’m in awe.
Yes, the elections are in fact very doubtful, the characteristics do not actually affect anything, for some reason they show the elections from other branches of the passage, and sometimes the elections are generally shocking.

Well, as for me, the game does NOT need to go through the second, third, etc. times. Just because the first time you actually read the story of the character, and then it starts again like this, reach the perfect ending, try all the options and blah blah blah.

And well, what upset me personally was the impossibility of going through reforms, but without a revolution. Technically, you are for a new faith, you support the reform of the law, and then the revolution, and now you are no longer able to support the revolution, because "Well, dudes, fuck your mother, it was still so good, we reformed the law, increased welfare, I'm gunpowder for you gave not for war, but for work, why?”, well, simply because there is no way to press this button. This is really very sad, but in principle, the uprising was a logical outcome.

E
Enmer 20.02.22

So well... The wow effect is gone, but I'm still fascinated by the story.
True, as always, there are a LOT of questions about history. I followed the path of the aristocrat with an emphasis on family and in an attempt at neutrality as a normal judge.
Spoiler Even here I was able to drag in
Questions to the aristocracy:
1. Why was the grandfather angry at his son's marriage to a commoner? What is the reason for this hatred?
Let me remind you that there are 2 types of aristocracy:
Robe - they are also non-heritable aristocracy, which, thanks to some kind of lord, is achieved through training and changing appointments. Our family belongs to her.
Sword - they are an inherited and well-established aristocracy where Arches and people are actually on an equal footing, but the former are still more equal. Grandfather and older brother aspire to this position.
So, what is the question? WHY DOES GRANDFATHER HATE MARRIAGE WITH A COMMON WOMAN SO MUCH? Why? Just because of what? If two aristocrats of a robe give birth to a child, he will be a commoner, if a robe and a commoner give birth to a child, then there will be a commoner, THIS IS A NON-HERITABLE PRIVILEGE. So what's the disapproval? What is all this background? Well, the grandfather wanted to give his son to another aristocrat, I don’t remember what she was, but if the mantle, then again, what is the reason? What is rofl? What is the cringe? They will still have commoners' children and that's it. If the Sword, then the question is already to the head of the family issuing the engagement, why would the aristocracy of the Sword bother with a lower class? It will only ruin the reputation of the family and that's it. There will be NO benefit from marriage with a robe family that they will receive from a near-poor family where there are literally 2 robe aristocrats, 1 is still studying to be an aristocrat and on top 3 commoners, one of which is reception. What's wrong with this grandfather?

2 question. How and why do women get the aristocracy? Why couldn't the father also start teaching his sister and just give her the opportunity to receive the title of aristocracy and then quietly accept her into the family without destroying her reputation? However, I don’t remember a single woman in educational institutions at all, which, however, is slightly logical, but doesn’t it mean that they should a priori be less educated and generally keep quiet? It turns out that they get the aristocracy only through marriage? So stop... How does it even work? If a woman is originally a commoner, then she has no chance of getting a title, right? Who in their right mind would marry a commoner to a Sword? And even if she does, then why on earth will she get power if she is even uneducated and does not know all the background of the aristocratic world? With robes, it's clear they just remain commoners and even rising to the sword will not save them, right? And if it raises it to the status of a sword, then again, why on earth should an uneducated person who does not know anything about etiquette and the aristocratic world become an aristocrat, and even an upper class?
It's not clear, nothing is clear.

To religion:
There are some appointments there, which are interpreted by priests who are trained in this. Okay, so far so good.
Priests go around the basic laws and interpret the word of the gods as they see them and can compose them smoothly. While everything is ok. Then on what basis and why are the inquisitors chasing them? Why does the Inquisition believe that it has the right to forbid priests who interpret the word of the gods differently, who in turn are apparently directly connected with the priests, to fulfill their mission? In general, there were many questions to the Inquisition and in the real world, however, we don’t even get in touch with the gods and we don’t have several lives. In general, what is the purpose of the inquisitors and why do they have the right to forbid others to do something, if there are only 2 appointments in the world and no one has the right to forbid others to fulfill their mission to each other.
Well, it doesn’t offend me either, it’s just that all the women you meet are either driven by fanaticism, or aristocrats who received a birthright title with a fucking bloated chsv, or ordinary commoners.
Yes, even the same "romantic" choice between a religious fanatic, just a complete fanatic who wants to arrange a massacre, and an exorbitant scum aristocrat who will still become a reptilian if you do not choose the path of the inquisitor, but then why do you need her at all?

p
pashalet 20.01.23

The game is great. Even despite the occasional bugs, this is a real diamond in a pile of slag, which is usually 99% of modern text indie.

A small Tomsk studio has created a real poignant masterpiece. It is clear that the budget of the team was very modest. But even for three kopecks, these people gave out a wonderful mood adventure:
- with chic texts at the level of a good book (since the studio used to be engaged in educational projects, among other things),
- with a bunch of difficult moral choices (which will make you think more than once and from which sometimes it’s really hurts the heart)
- with a rather strong plot (not without naivety, yes, but well-developed: if you understand the logic of life, customs and control system of the real European Middle Ages or caste India - there are no questions about the plot at all),
- with touching and sometimes enraging characters (emotions are guaranteed) ,
- with a deeply developed world (again, according to its "live" and long-turned desktop),
- with a bunch of unexpected plot twists (at the same time, most of them are logical and vital, and not from the series "stupid bullshit is going to happen here, purely for the sake of drama ")
- with atmospheric illustrations (which also tried to slightly animate, which is not bad for a text-graphic indie),
- with its own style (without catgirls and other things in the style of RenPy date sims),
- with a number of interesting gameplay ideas,
- with excellent replayability and variability (it will be especially interesting if you immediately turn off hints for events / reactions to decisions).

Respect to the authors. I highly recommend the game!

p
pashalet 20.01.23

Enmer
"Why was grandfather angry at his son's marriage to a commoner? What is the reason for this hatred?"

It was about marriage with an aristocrat of the sword. Question about the benefit from the other side? Of course, none. Just like Robert, there was no benefit in marrying Lydia. But love, you know ... And Robert chose his love - instead of someone else's and very profitable. Than the prudent and obsessed with the jerk to enter the ylita grandfather was very angry. A unique chance was missed, so my grandfather is angry.