3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MLShadow 12.03.21 01:34 am

Attack of the giants, tower and white cold (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I tried to find a topic about what was happening at the end but did not find it.
So, what happens at the end, after defeating the king of the wild hunt? What kind of elven tower is it and what is it for, where do the crowds of ice giants come from, and what is white coldness?
First, let's deal with the tower, most likely it serves as a signal amplifier for interdimensional movements or is a kind of place of power, which in general does not really change the essence. But where the ice giants come from, it is not entirely clear how much is known at the first conjugation of the spheres, many creatures penetrated the world, and here only they. If we assume that Ciri opened a portal to the source of the white coldness, it is very likely that the giants inhabit the area where the source of the white coldness is located, or, in extreme cases, the worlds associated with it. This implies two conclusions, firstly, not such a deadly white coldness (well, or at least not for everyone), and secondly, this is most likely a natural phenomenon, and not someone's malicious intent. Continuing the theme of white coldness, according to the assurances of some characters, he is nothing more than death for any world and his arrival is inevitable. And how does it actually come, does it happen somehow naturally or as a result of careless handling of interdimensional portals? Judging by the worlds in which it was observed, this is a local phenomenon affecting only the surface of the planet, and not something spreading through the cosmic vacuum, since the sun continues to shine with normal intensity. So what did Ciri do, just plug the hole where this white cold was coming from? And what is all the same, this "white cold"? this is a local phenomenon affecting only the surface of the planet, and not something spreading through the cosmic vacuum, since the sun continues to shine with normal intensity. So what did Ciri do, just plug the hole where this white cold was coming from? And what is all the same, this "white cold"? this is a local phenomenon affecting only the surface of the planet, and not something spreading through the cosmic vacuum, since the sun continues to shine with normal intensity. So what did Ciri do, just plug the hole where this white cold was coming from? And what is all the same, this "white cold"?
22 Comments
Sort by:
l
lildaggerdick 12.03.21

MLShadow
Maybe this is a key with a continuation that is unlikely to be.

S
Schreps 12.03.21

Graphene wasn't enough for many creatures

A
Altanhan 12.03.21

MLShadow
agrees, the denouement is complete heresy, it is not for players unfamiliar with Sapchansky's work.

D
Di9ler 12.03.21

Read the books first, everything is told there, although the ending is different.

d
danyiil695 12.03.21

MLShadow
The book says that snow is white, the sun (heat from it) is reflected, it becomes colder, because of this there is more snow - and even less heat - and even more snow, etc., this is white cold, another explanation I do not know...

G
GrYnT101 12.03.21

MLShadow
actually there started 2 pairing of spheres and white cold and this is the same as in the game of thrones

O
Oleg Bervinov 12.03.21

Perhaps I am mistaken, I have not read the books yet.
But the first impression was as if White Cold was some stage in the completion of the life cycle of a certain system. And the so-called White Cold itself is very reminiscent of a neutron star, which is the last stage of the star's life cycle. He, as explained in the game, is inevitable and this happens with every world.
But in this case, it becomes completely unclear to me how Ciri could have stopped him?

M
MLShadow 12.03.21

danyiil695
In a book on climate phenomena? This is really so, if a global cooling begins, then a large amount of snow that falls will begin to reflect light, as a result, the temperature will begin to fall, this has even happened, but this is not as deadly as in the game.
GrYnT101
In the game of thrones, I have not yet reached the point where it will be explained, but there it is again just a harsh winter, which is problematic to survive only because of the white walkers and the lack of food / fuel, and in regions with hot climates, only fairy tales have been heard about this ...
Oleg Bervinov
I already wrote about this, if you look at the sun, then everything is in order with it, and no one has ever described white coldness as a consequence of strange phenomena associated with the sun. The same elves Aen Elle are quite fighting with the white coldness by setting magical barriers to restrain its advance in some directions.

g
grunt87 12.03.21

Oleg Bervinov,
well, apparently White Cold is a consequence of some great magic, somehow connected with the gift of Ciri, and apparently the girl has a Power in her blood that can stop this magic, perhaps on an instinctive level she was able to do it. well, like Leela from "The Fifth Element")

S
SpartanSoap 12.03.21

White Cold is such a restart of all worlds, which kills one civilization in order to give development to another, less developed one. Nimue, 200 years after the last book, gave Hlad a scientific basis, but this is still a fantasy world, so it's not so simple. I would not be surprised that it all started with some unsuccessful experiment of the elves. Yes, and in books and games, the white coldness in the world of The Witcher is still quite long. Likewise, here and there, only the gene of the Elder Blood - the gene of Lara Dorren, could stop it. Aen Elle bred this gene to save the world, but Lara linked herself to a person, which led to the deactivation of this gene (just like Arwen lost her immortality when she linked herself with Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings). Therefore, I had to wait a bunch of years until the gene is activated in Ciri.

Regarding "Thor Gwalha": there were by no means only giants - at least those "worms" from the world through which Geralt and Avalak'h and some other creatures passed, but I don't remember all of them. Conjugation of the Spheres is a merger of many worlds, but it was not large at the tower. In general, the next part of the game will be connected with the Conjugation and the magic behind the white coldness, only many years after the "Wild Hunt" and with new heroes.

O
Orogon 12.03.21

How does Ciri come back ?? I didn't understand this at all. The portal closes. There is nothing in the place of the portal, Geralt is upset and saddened that she did not return. Since Ciri returned from the portal after defeating the White Colds ?? Did you just go wrong? As usual? Then why was it necessary to open a portal in the bashn? It was then possible for Ciri to simply go there, stop Cold and return in the same way - teleport with her power. If anyone understood this point, please explain.

M
Mad_est 12.03.21

Orogon
Since there are a huge number of worlds, you just can't guess in which of them the white cold began. Apparently, this particular portal leads precisely to the source of the white coolness of a particular world, or to its general source. Well, the exit back is a usual jump between the worlds. Actually, Ciri herself said that it was this tower that she dreamed of. Who understood more specifically will correct me.

O
Orogon 12.03.21

Mad_est
Yes, I remember about a dream. I just wanted to clarify the exact moment of her return.

K
KanoVoxLian 12.03.21

In general, some kind of muddy ending, it is not clear where Avalaakh went, and practically nothing is known about the rest.

a
arinr 12.03.21

And the moment of return is the closing of the portal. I understood so on the first playthrough. In the cinema, this technique is often found. The character is not shown (for various reasons), but only a consequence of his actions at the moment, but all viewers, according to the reaction of others, seem to be hinting that this is the character. In general, a very crumpled ending. Especially the final battle. Nilfgaards (with empty ships), Skeligs (in the face of the crash that came from nowhere) and good / bad Avalakh (who disappeared into nowhere). Maybe the additions will cover these "blind spots"?

d
danyiil695 12.03.21

MLShadow
In Sapkowski's book -_-

R
Ronn1203 12.03.21

When Geralt was looking for ciri, he was led by a white ball with her soul (like wisp from Warcraft). White cold is also a white ball, only a large one. So it is also a living entity. And she has the power to create and destroy worlds. And Ciri is a part of this entity, she went and said, like, don't touch this world, my friend lives there. And everything became a bunch

K
Kot leopold 12.03.21

And do not try to grasp it, the ending is absolutely miserable and talentless (both in the gameplay and in the plot plan) it lacks absolutely everything that is necessary for any grandiose ending of the story - epic and intrigue. And the strangest thing is that before the battle against the Wild Hunt in Kaer Morhen, the plot and script were just wonderful (as, by the way, the main quests), but then some kind of trash went which very, very strongly influenced the overall impression of the game, because after the culmination point (death of Vesemir), the developers completely scored on the motivation of the characters, and on the alife of the world and, in fact, on the scenario with the plot. Sometimes it seemed that the cd project was just tired and the Chinese were invited to finish a few hours of the plot.

Well, really, everything began to seem like delirium:

- the best friends witchers simply leave us, although logically they should rush to help a friend, not to mention revenge for Vesemir's death. Zoltan at the funeral says that he will chase the wild hunt with us even to the ends of the world, and then the whole game in Dandelion's establishment is worth it and he does not even have new dialogue threads. It's the same with Dandelion, after the side quests associated with him, he turns into a dummy. For the sake of comparison, in the previous parts with the poet it was possible to discuss any new events that occurred in the world and plot twists (new dialogue branches appeared)

- Saving the sorceress from prison, killing Imlerich on a bald mountain, pulling out Philip, all this was sucked out of a finger and sewn with white threads, from that moment on, my brain personally stopped adequately and with interest to perceive history and the world around him, and switched to the "Hollywood blockbuster mode with Jason Statham "- it's not clear how, having found out about Imlerich, they just came and soaked him, figli, the general of the wild hunt sits on the mountain with succubi, witches eat people under the mountain, and peasants sit nearby and worship all this shit, reveling it is not clear where they came from fairy tales (three people will enter the top of the mountain and return with other personalities - necessarily happy), and the cave is guarded by a fat demon, like that, isn't it nonsense? not a vinaigrette? I will not say anything about the operation to save Margarita, they found out information, made their way through the old elven dungeons and then just carve out the entire garrison of the fortress? Seriously? The only funnier thing is that in the prison itself there were Sheala-half-corpses and Margarita herself, hmm ... shouldn't there be more prisoners?
- The very stay of our entire heroic-magical gang in Novigrad trampled into the mud the whole atmosphere of the city, which was so carefully worked out in the second act (hunting for sorcerers, etc.). So they could not get out of the city only on a secret ship, and then you see 6 magicians passed through the main gate, and even ordered a ship on a skellig.
- A slicker, a spy and an unrealistically thought out wild boar Dijkstra fell into a stupid plummet on Geralt and the Temerians, stupidity. And even more stupid is that he can become the ruler of Redania, try to imagine it, such a Novigrad mafioso came and declares to the nobles: 5 years ago I was the chief of intelligence, and lately I was spinning in the underworld, but don't bother, now I will take control of the country and we will quickly beat nilfgaard.
- "Trap" for a quiet hunt - they found some stone from a legend that was clearly invented in a couple of minutes and written on the knee, said three words, and immediately the hunt for joy came to us in full force, and we also went to a couple with a druid hacked to death the entire clan of Lugos the mad. cool, cool

Next, I wanted to say a lot more sad words about the epilogue, delusional endings, the poverty of the consequences of our actions in the world, the lack of words of key characters and the scarcity of information about key characters after the end of the game, but I think this is already clear to everyone.

IMHO A person who read the entire book saga and played the previous games several times, the final acts of history simply could not but disappoint.

x
xomera42 12.03.21

I think that white coldness is related to Ragnarok. reed on wikipedia.

g
gerupt 12.03.21

Kot Leopold
+100500 I totally agree. The final act is a plot failure. Pleases only a few cut scenes, where the Persians finally begin to communicate on burning topics.