3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
andrewGaara 12.03.21 01:43 am

Ciri. Sword. Q (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello.
I have not read books on The Witcher, but I have already forgotten a lot about the game.

Then the question just came to mind: why does Ciri use only one sword? If I understand correctly, then witchers always have two swords - steel for humanoids and silver for monsters. What about Ciri? What is her sword and how does she deal with different species?
42 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nameless man 12.03.21

andrewGaara
Ciri uses only one (steel) sword, since she is not a witcher (the witcher training that she went through at one time does not count without mutations). In theory, of course, she can just find some silver sword and take it, but she is unlikely to do this (before that, she had not found such a sword for herself, and she still needs to find a silver sword and carry two swords with her, too. not easy). And she deals with different "creatures" with the help of different witcher oils (smeared the sword and forward for the Motherland). That is, in fact, something like that.

a
andrewGaara 12.03.21

Nameless person
Yes. Thank.

From this topic, I concluded for myself that Ciri with one sword is most likely because for her witchcraft is not a profession. After all, if she decided to embark on the path of this profession, then she would begin to face outlandish creatures and the issue of additional weapons was not long in coming. And so she got along like a steel sword, oils and 'maybe-kami'.

Simply, since I had not read the books (I only read the first one until the moment when Geralt brings Ciri to Kaer Morhen), I thought that the books had some kind of clear explanation on this issue. For example, that her sword was cast by 7 virgins of Essos from magic and unicorn hair, and therefore, this sword can kill all living and non-living (all sorts of spirits), and even sharpens itself. Well, or that in the books she first had one sword, and then two, or that she rode out on her super-duper abilities. Or maybe it was explained somewhere in the game, but I missed it.

K
Kodval 12.03.21

andrewGaara
After the events of the books, she did not have much time to bother about the sword, she had enough of what she had.
At the end of the game, if you make her a witcher, then Geralt orders her with a special sword made of meteorite steel. Which is just what is fatal for most of the creatures of the Witcher world.

S
Sativum 12.03.21

ZlobnyDed
ZlobnyDed wrote:
I know. I think this is a flaw. Why does she need a second steel sword, and even exactly the same one? Of course, it can be assumed that she lost her sword in the last battle with Caranthir, but she still has a sword before entering the tower. Well, the second aspect - she was delighted with the "witcher" sword. What other signs of a witch's sword could be if it is visually a copy of her steel sword?
Probably, Ciri dropped her sword during the "battle" with White Cold and returned to our (well, not quite to our) world without a sword. As for the second point, the "witchcraft" of the sword, Geralt himself seemed to say that witcher swords, both steel and silver, differ from ordinary ones, because they are made of steel that "fell from the sky", meteorite, in other words, which is lighter usual. Perhaps visually, they can also be distinguished.

N
Nameless man 12.03.21

andrewGaara
Yes. Witchcraft is not about her. By the way, if you look at the book, it turns out that she is an underdog, underwhelmed, underprinciple. In general, unfortunately for her, she is "under" everywhere. I've read the entire Witcher myself, so I can answer some questions if you have any. True, I read it for a long time, but I still remember something.

PS And about the sword: from the book I remember that it seemed to be intended for her (it says: "Swallow"), but she received it when she was with a psychopath - a maniac - a murderer order) and part-time bounty hunter Leo Bonart, who took Ciri to some shop or something like that to his friend (I vaguely remember). That sword was there.

V
Veider16 12.03.21

JUnnAmmED
And nothing that with a steel sword most monsters can not even be injured ,

V
Veider16 12.03.21

Sativum
Silver sword made of silver, as it were, and not of a meteorite, the name speaks for itself

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.03.21

Veider16
There are no silver swords . "Silver" swords are actually made of steel, but are bound in silver.

By the way, it was such a sword that Geralt ordered for Ciri in a good ending. Questions about this have been cleared, I hope?

E
Eagle-owl 12.03.21

andrewGaara
This sword is steel. It was not presented by Geralt, but by Bonhart (sort of). At this point, Bonhart held Ciri as a slave and forced her to fight in the arena. But in the last book, Ciri killed Bonart, and Geralt killed the magician (whose name I forgot)
And also: in the books, Geralt had one sword. This is the second sword appeared in the game

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

Eagle-Owl
In the story The Witcher, he has two swords.

Nameless man
And then he himself said that this is nonsense and the witcher's swords are made of the same steel as the others.

N
Nameless man 12.03.21

NightHawkreal What do you
mean? Who said? I didn't understand something. And about Geralt: in the beginning in the books he has two swords (I don't remember exactly), and from some moment he walked (I don't remember well) with one (Zoltan gave him this sword as a present).

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

The Nameless Man
Geralt, in the Season of Thunder.

In his books he always had one, the first one was broken by a sorcerer.

N
Nameless man 12.03.21

NightHawkreal
Season of Thunderstorms ? Is this the last book that was written not so long ago? I just didn’t read it. As for the swords: once again (I didn’t count how many swords he wore there, and it wasn’t advertised too much), at first he carried two swords (he carried one on a horse), right? Then he carried one sword and already until the end of the penultimate book. Or am I missing something?

PS Recently bought in the book "Season of Thunderstorms". I still can't find time to read it.

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

Nameless person
I remember two swords only in the story The Witcher (and I would say that it is out of the general style).

N
Nameless man 12.03.21

NightHawkreal
Out of style? Do you mean a story? Why is it knocking out?

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

The nameless man
Geralt does not look like himself - he did not have time to arrive the city and immediately soaked three people.

N
Nameless man 12.03.21

NightHawkreal
Geralt killed a lot of people, but I don't remember this moment, is it at the very beginning? By the way, I was always amused - Geralt is a moralist (to some extent), he thinks about the problem of choice (neutrality - to intervene or not, and so on) and, at the same time, "soaked" a lot of people. I think the count is already in the thousands.

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

They began to cling to him in the pub and he chopped them down.

E
Eagle-owl 12.03.21

NightHawkreal
In the original saga, Geralt has one sword. And already in other books he has 2 swords. I still remember how they talked about Geralt, they say he lost his loved ones and his witch's sword.

M
Madmax235 09.01.22

Question about the game I have ciri no sword and now I do not know how to play the game