3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tali Zorah vas Normandy 13.03.21 12:33 am

Full Russian Localization ...

My opinion - of course, full localization is good, but if it is of poor quality, then nafig it is needed.
23 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 13.03.21

Borogoz
Yes, this is inconvenient, but nothing can be done, and therefore live, endure, suffer.

A
AR3E 13.03.21

Didn't come across the situations described. But the subtitles in Dragon Age: Origins were very annoying - they were located at the top of the screen, and not at the bottom, with divine voice acting from our localizers - every now and then diverging from what was written in the subtitles, monotonous pronunciation and repetition of what has already been said. I have never seen such nonsense anywhere else.

And there is voice acting or not - I never cared, there are enough subtitles.

D
Don thomas falcone 13.03.21

Well what can I tell you, author. I certainly agree with your words, but what can you do? Can't we collect money ourselves from ordinary gamers to buy the rights to the game and the salaries of translators / voice actors ...? You can, of course, also write petitions with the collection of signatures to localizers for voice acting of a certain game, but there is little sense from this.
And over the years of my life as a gamer, I somehow resigned myself and got used to time to read the subtitles, even if there was an action on the screen.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

localization is good, of course,
good as a consumer product, maybe a fan might want to hear the original language as well.
Igori, however, was also localized from boltology. the only thing like rockstar gamez does not voice games in other languages.
and the reason for this, I think, is the peck-pitch. prices for games are low + peratsvo = decrease in the quality of voice acting and its illiteracy = dissatisfaction with gamers = companies do not want to order localization in the language and domestic companies do not want and cannot buy the rights to publish themselves.
Here is the story, I bother.

r
requiemmm 13.03.21

Since I have been reading books my entire adult life, subtitling does not give me any problems. And yes, whoever smoked an ABC book, it is difficult for that, it is necessary not only to read, almost by syllables, but also to comprehend, and during this time the game will go far ahead, which is inconvenient.

s
saa0891 13.03.21

Borogoz

You can vote in rubles and just not buy games without full localization, I usually do this (at least if I doubt buying a game, then the lack of full localization will be a big disadvantage), although there are exceptions, the game that I really liked, I I will naturally buy it (well, in a tech RPG, this is not so critical, because there is still little action and an emphasis on dialogues, although of course it is sometimes very unpleasant when the game is completely localized for many countries, and only subs are made for the Russian Federation), as well as games with hollow localization and it is more pleasant to buy, you understand what you pay money for, the same Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided bought with pleasure.

c
cripples 13.03.21

I completely agree with the author, give 2k for the games and the translation is terrible sometimes even not russified

U
USSoldier 13.03.21

Well, it happens that you start to puke on the quality of Russian voice acting, as in call of duty: black ops 3, the train made a boom!)))))))))

t
the endless misanthropy o 13.03.21

I always choose voice acting in English, even if there is Russian

G
Guwanc 13.03.21

Personally, I am enraged by the curves of Russification ...

M
Morag_Tong 13.03.21

BloodRaven1986 There
have been no quality ones for a long time, and will not be, in addition, if you have been playing with subs for a long time, then the language should be like an automatic machine - I learned it on Oblivions and other things - later I calmly communicate on European servers with the players and calmly play completely in English games like Pillars of Eternity. YES - if the localization was of high quality, I would play it, but the last one was in Far Cry 3, and the previous one was even earlier for several years. Now there is simply no good translation - actors or complete shit not matched to the character of the character, or just hackers who have not seen the game in their eyes. And also - games with Kneading - this is where you saw in such a plot? The deepest story games have a narrative structure in the form of extensive dialogue in the form of text

T
Tali Zorah vas Normandy 13.03.21

Morag_Tong Ahem
, you exactly answered me? I haven't written anything about the plot.

L
Le Gaspilleur 13.03.21

BloodRaven1986
full localization is good, but if it is of poor quality, then why not need it.
I remember fan cumming in silent hill home and everything like that. Although no, in the Polish dyd space (something there ... insanity) was also crooked.

F
FOXDIE_id 13.03.21

Oh yes, listening to fake dubbing in any game is much better yeah

P
PCHalfFullHD 13.03.21

High-quality Russian voice acting gives +50 points to the perception of the game. I remember that I really liked that in Watch_dogs almost all the conversations of city residents were voiced. Yes, they are sometimes repeated, but not a single game can do without it :) The voice acting itself is also pretty good - not ideal, of course, and even with some characters it "didn't hit", but it's very, very good.

True, if the voice acting is so-so or some interesting features of speech are lost, then it's better to play with English.
And it sometimes happens that the English voice acting is bad. The closest example is Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I played in Black Flag with English voice acting, tk. our would-be localizers cut out the entire flavor of the characters' speeches (and there, after all, the scriptwriters of the original dialogues "mowed down the old way" + specific slang) and, by inertia, immediately set the English speech separately in Rogue ... and was horrified at how the actors mumbled there Something under your breath with almost no intonation + the feeling that the sound is of some kind of lousy quality. And the Russian voice acting there is quite good for itself - there are jambs, of course, but they are mostly due to the translation.

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.03.21

Yes, as in figs, I still run all the dialogues without reading. Russian is needed only in order to understand why one piece of iron is better than another and why you need to pump farting with fire, and not lightning. Well, where to go and skoka Nuno skinned rabbits for the manufacture of armor-piercing pants.

r
rPeBoJL 13.03.21

Borogoz
what's with a comma?

m
masha 13.03.21

We got used to dubbing, to some kind of acting. For example, I don't care, I agree to a monophonic translation. If only the meaning was clear.

K
Kay Ovald 13.03.21

If it is of high quality, then the complete translation with sound and textures really plays the best. But lately, the voice acting leaves much to be desired. Therefore, I even had to put angloficators on the sound.

f
fashionfble 13.03.21

Well, the voice acting sometimes helps to understand the game, but if this is a slag voice acting, then the game turns black and rots, nafig that. But the subtitles, and if they are good, I am ready to fleetingly skip the scenes, but read, or reboot, in order to understand the whole essence of the dialogue. But, ideally, when everything is there, both professional voice acting, and the plot, it's like sunshine, it always pleases if you are wearing dark glasses! All the beach!