3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 19.03.21 10:21 pm

Virtual reality - a step into the future or a toy?

VR devices. helmets, games and apps are still not part of everyday life. However, it is foolish to deny that virtual reality is becoming more widespread and accessible from year to year. It's not so far to go - instead of Half Life 3, we got a VR adventure Alyx!

It is a big misconception that VR is still inaccessible to ordinary people, which is a big misconception - there are a lot of headset options on the market, and even today without a powerful computer, you can already immerse yourself in virtual worlds. The problem is that not all companies can competently convey information to the masses. What to do? That's right - to organize a direct connection. Together with HTC (a cool VR headset that you can win from now), we decided to conduct a small survey, for lack of a better word.

Write - What is your ideal VR experience for you? And how would you use (or may already be using) a VR headset, or even a couple of them? Maybe arrange an unforgettable date for the girls? Or, instead of dull online meetings, would you come to a virtual copy of it?

Authors of the most interesting options will definitely be rewarded!
222 Comments
Sort by:
P
PycJIaH42 22.03.21

For me, VR is perfect for traveling. Not everyone can afford to travel the world, so it was great to get the necessary for VR and arrange walks in new places, thanks to this, the brain will develop and the person will relax.

J
Jawson 22.03.21

Ideal VR today should be like the Oculus Quest 2 + controllers from the Vive Index, without wires. Hold charge for 12 hours. Cost reasonable money.

Q
QWERTY404_k 22.03.21

As for me, VR is interesting to use in horror, but I would use it for games naturally

W
Wun123 22.03.21

I believe that viar is not the future, as it is not very common, but personally I like viar those sensations that I experienced for the first time in viar they are wonderful, but I have viar for 7 months and I got used to it, but it's great that you're right in the game. Viard is a good thing, but you get used to it and lose those same immotions.

W
Wun123 22.03.21

My opinion about viar

R
RusPack1295 22.03.21

The author wrote that VR "is becoming more accessible", but I'm wondering for whom it is more accessible ??? Take an ordinary Russian whose salary is not particularly huge, he will not be able to afford it, but what is VR, have you seen the price of video cards?

L
Leonard325 22.03.21

Life in VR, remote work, learning, entertainment. Actually in quarantine)

G
Gallim 22.03.21

I agree that VR is the right thing for cartoons

A
AlakGar 22.03.21

The most important thing in VR, it should be the ability to experience something that a person usually cannot experience or is afraid to do in reality. That is why it is necessary to strive for the greatest accuracy and realism.

T
Totus floreo 22.03.21

I believe that the best VR experience is a high-quality immersion, which your imagination cannot always provide, because we do not even understand how beautiful our world can be. I would gladly take part in a race on karts without engines that go downhill (such races take place in Chile), I would dive from Cocos Island in Costa Rica, I would look at the world from Chomolungma, the top of the earth, ended up for 380 thousand. kilometers from home, but to be realistic, there is not enough strength, health or time for everything. So I'll buy myself VR when the borders open.

S
Submaster 22.03.21

Whatever it is, but still I think the main thing in VR is light weight. Just imagine what the neck will look like if you turn your head for several hours with, for example, 2+ kg of device weight. Further, this is the absence of wires, which means a wireless device, and if it is wireless, then almost a battery with a large supply of energy. In addition - VR with high resolution, clear picture and maximum accurate response. I will put design and lighting in the last place. That's all it takes for a perfect VR device, at least for me.

M
Marsj 22.03.21

Virtual reality spoils vision, the future belongs to the hologram.

J
JasonW 30.03.21

It should be wireless, protative, and with the possibility of AR (an underestimated system), if only these couple of points are observed, the future has come, because the consumer is expanding, virtual conferences / presentations, working with papers in an AR / VR system and subsequent printing, yes beyond the end and the edge there is no opportunity)

D
DevJam3 30.03.21

Virtual reality should be lightweight, convenient and portable. For example, like a tablet in the TV series "Black Mirror", we connect it to the temple and voila, we are in virtual reality.
You can certainly consider the option of exo costumes, as it was in the movie "Ready Player One," but for me this is not very practical, and it also takes up a lot of space.

t
topor42rus 30.03.21

Let's develop VRchat for meeting mobiles.
I don't know how it goes in life, but in the movies, usually one stands at the blackboard and shows some graphs and explains something with his hands and words, while everyone else just sits and listens, perhaps asking questions.
So, for the majority, it will be enough to just go into the phone even without VR, who really want to be able to in VR, but the speaker himself will be in VR with joysticks.
Pros: it saves time, you can attend a meeting anywhere in the world, because used in business will become popular and the business has money for all these technologies.
In short, everything has already been invented, you just need to sell it correctly.

E
EXE.trim.ALL 30.03.21

first of all, it should be such that it does not get seasick. The only helmet that I have tried - PS VR - can be tolerated somehow, if you don't turn your head too much, otherwise it hurts very quickly and strongly. After that, I really don't even want to try other helmets until there is a giant leap in technology.

1oony 30.03.21

Ideal vr is when you do not physically feel the periphery (helmet, gloves, etc.)
Well, or just a little bit. There should also be an interface at an intuitive level and as close to reality as possible. As for me, vr should read your movements with very high accuracy. So you did a back somersault, and vr displayed it in the virtual world just like in the real one (jump height, turnover rate, etc.). Accuracy should be in everything. Even in vr, it would be great to feel objects and their properties (hardness, roughness, smoothness, etc.) As far as I heard, work on this is underway. There are special fancy gloves that allow you to "feel" and take in hands, for example, a virtual mug. I am not sure about gloves and do not claim that this is true. I just saw the reportage. Well, of course, the graphics should also be as close to reality as possible.

V
Vladimir Mikitenko 30.03.21

Everything ingenious is simple.
1. Price up to $ 350
2. High-quality screens
3. Tracking the movements of all fingers
4. High-quality assembly
5. Several years of warranty

p
pekabir 30.03.21

like a toy of norms. a couple of hours chopping heads in blade and sorcery or half-drinking cubes in a bit saber will do. but the future belongs rather to the media screens that were used when filming the Mandalorian + 3d hologram.

s
shoggott 30.03.21

Add picture quality in games, remove soap around the edges of the screen, minimize the amount of wires, expand battery power, increase the viewing angle, try to get rid of toxic glare and colors, maybe make it a little easier, make analogs of controllers like full-fledged gloves on your hands, release more good content and not for the most part one slag, it can also be used for scientific and experimental purposes.