3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21 10:23 pm

CPU temperature (Cyberpunk 2077)

Hello everyone.
I started playing Cyber, faced a problem. The PC is hot as an oven. The assembly is normal (GTX1070, 16 RAMs, i7 7700K, there are coolers for cooling, respectively).
All four processor cores normally produce a temperature of about 45 degrees, while you just start Cyberpunk - they become 100, although the CPU itself, according to AIDA, is no more than 60 degrees at the same time.
In all other games, this was not the case, the temperature never went beyond the norm.
The graphics settings are set to "high".
Does anyone else have such a problem? Is it somehow solved or just waiting for new patches and optimizations?
At the same time, the video card is loaded with a maximum of 8%, the whole load on itself from some dick takes a percentage. What's the trouble, gentlemen?

42 Comments
Sort by:
L
LexxProAktiv 19.03.21

When was the thermal paste last changed? Personally, I change it every 6 months, both on the processor and on the video card.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.03.21

I didn’t notice anything usual when testing my CPU was somewhere around 95W and a tower for 300,
so there is either jokes about thermal paste under the lid and scalping
or it is necessary to search for especially heating stress benchmarks so that there is a multithread if the processor has a problem somewhere in it ...
the fact that this video card is 8% is very strange. Perhaps this is some kind of loading the kernel graph of the CPU itself. Then it makes sense to adjust the settings to fit into the video card, the cpu must cool down

every 6 months, I change it. Both on the processor and on the video card.
this vema is unnecessary. thermal paste usually lasts normally for 3 years and after 5-6 years there will be symptoms of overheating. in vidyuhah I do not know there the pasta lasts even longer, although maybe I was lucky. I in moladasti more often changed processors than pek-pek thermal paste

R
Radamel Falcao 19.03.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Just getting hot or crashing?

L
Leap I 19.03.21

I wanted to create a theme, but it was created.
People, what's the game with Cyberpuck and these processors? I have exactly the same troubles. All games, except for Cyberbook, are running normally, all settings are at maximum speed. The CPU heats up to a maximum of 55 degrees, the GPU to a maximum of 76, but once you run this piece of Cybercal, the temperature of the CPU cores jumps to 90 degrees.
The CPU is exactly the same! i7-7700K, Asus Maximus IX Hero, 16 gig operatives like the author, Asus GTX 1080 Ti, PSU Corsair AX1200i
Here is Aida's screen

Spoiler

I changed the thermal paste, no dust. There are no problems with the PSU. CPU cooling on Silentmaxx twinblock with two 3800 rpm fans. Corsair Graphite 780T case with crazy cooling from 6 pieces of 120mm fans at 4500 rpm.
It looks like the CPU overheating problem started after the last update.

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

Radamel Falcao
Just warming up, no restart. In just 30 minutes of play, each core heats up to 100 degrees.

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

LexxProAktiv
Computer is a year old, he does not need to change thermal paste)

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

Leap I
A similar thought. The game version is 1.12. Absolutely all games are at maximum speed, even Assassins, who warmed up the block at 70 degrees, but this is after three to four hours of active play, and not half an hour, as with Cyberpunk.
The block was also cleaned, the power supply unit is similarly healthy. Frontier Kilter case, cooled by 4 fans. Additionally, there is a DeepCool GAMMAXX 300 gate on the process. Usually this is a head for games, but Cyberpunk just fucks the processor and does not even look towards the vidyuhi.

L
Leap I 19.03.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Foxxy_Fantasy wrote:
Absolutely all games are at maximum speed , even Assassins, who warmed up the block at 70 degrees, but this is after three to four hours of active play, and not half an hour, as with Cyberpunk.
My cyberbook heats up the processor in just a minute or two. Not a single game released in 2018-2020 at maximum speed gives such an effect.

Foxxy_Fantasy wrote:
Worth game version 1.12
And I have 1.12 GOG version. I noticed overheating on the second day after the update. I thought, as usual, Red's fools did the curve update. Postponed the game. Yesterday people at work downloaded a fresh repack of the Mechanics. I played at maximum speed. He has a GTX 1660 super, i5-6500 and also 16 gigs of RAM. The CPU did not heat up above 63 degrees, despite the fact that there is a factory heatsink that comes with the CPU. OK. I came home, downloaded the same repack, launched it. The same leapfrog as with the GOG version.

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

Leap year I wrote:
And I have 1.12 GOG version.
I tried to download pirate, but also 1.12, Igruha's repack, then Khataba - the situation is the same.
UPD: I read that the load on the processor, and not on the vidyuhu, is determined by the developer himself, so most likely the Reds have their hands out of their ass. Although it is strange that those with a different processor model have no problems. For the first time in my life I see a problem with such a powerful process.

R
Radamel Falcao 19.03.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Alternatively, if everything is fine with cooling and additional fans are not required, either manually disable unnecessary services and processes (optimization, so to speak), or try to install the ez optimizer 2.0 mod (there is a system optimization button for 4-core processors), or all- still wait for the patch
Upd: either roll back to version 1.11

A
Az_Az 19.03.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Interestingly, I passed the CP, played 200+ hours, but I never watched the temperature. I'll have to see how things are with this, otherwise who knows ...))

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

Radamel Falcao
We should try to install an optimizer, although it will be strange if it helps. The reda themselves in the recommended ones stated 4-core processors, which means, according to the logic of things, everything should be ok on them. And for some reason the problem appeared on the i7-7700K, the other 4-oks have everything buzzing.

L
Leap I 19.03.21

Az_Az
Az_Az wrote: I
'll have to see how things are with this
Prots is the same 7700K?

Foxxy_Fantasy

Foxxy_Fantasy wrote:
We should try to put an optimizer.
Don't worry. I've already tried it. I even demolished the system 2 times, and literally installed the game on a fresh one after installing all the drivers. In addition to Aida64, I did not install any other programs.
Here's what's strange, if you multiply the CPU supply voltage from my screen by the current consumed, you get 46 watts of power consumption. For Intel i7-7700K it is quite normal. If it is stupid to assume that these 46 watts are emitted in the form of heat, then even with a conventional radiator there should not be such a temperature.

A
Az_Az 19.03.21

Leap I
No, i7 4790
For everyone I think to look, otherwise you never know, he has been working for me for almost 6 years.

L
Leap I 19.03.21

Az_Az
So this is for the sake of sports interest)) Well, look. Although I'm pretty sure that everything will be normal for you. Above I wrote that people play at work. It has an i5-6500 and just 63 degrees with a factory heatsink.

A
Az_Az 19.03.21

Leap Me
Well, yes, you can say so - for the sake of sports interest)))

s
semferot48 19.03.21

R5 2600, gammax s40 55-60 degrees

R
Radamel Falcao 19.03.21

Foxxy_Fantasy Reds
themselves stated that the game is playable on the consoles of the outgoing generation, and there are eight-core processors)) they cannot be trusted

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 19.03.21

Radamel Falcao
I don’t know how things are with the old curling iron and box, but the guys above say that on processors of less powerful and older generations, the game flies calmly and there is no such overheating.

A
Az_Az 19.03.21

In general, on my, I7 4790, 1070ti, 32 ram, the indicators are as follows: